Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:25 AM
Beautiful are the feet......

Re: Mark Johnston Drops from UPCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAII View Post
less than 5% ...
Old 01-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

Re: Mark Johnston Drops from UPCI, Garner Next

***** Jeff Garner MAY BE in the process of dropping out *** official in the coming days ????

Last edited by DAII; 01-27-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:44 AM
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

Jeff Hennigan and Jim Kilgore next?
Old 01-27-2011, 10:44 AM
Registered Member

Maybe they (those dropping out of the UPC) will form a loose alliance, then Keith will have a place to belong.
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 01-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
The last BOTT I attended MJ preached a fine message about Jesus. In fact I was beginning to regret attending the conference until that message. I knew God sent me there to specifically hear that Word from the Lord. I was dumbstruck that people were offended at the message. The sermon basically said that Jesus was what this is all about. That people "would see Jesus". That the only people who got in the way of people who wanted to see Jesus were the Pharisees. MJ preached if we want people to see Jesus we have to fight against a Pharisee spirit. I was in complete agreement. I was convicted to fight the Pharisee in me. I believe all people of faith have the potential to become religious, self-righteous, steeped in tradition, hypocritical Pharisees. I took the message personal and embraced its truth. Others evidently took it personal and were offended. It was the beginning of the crucifixion of MJ.

Funny thing. You would think the "Jesus Only" people, the "people of the Name", the people with the great revelation of who Jesus is would rejoice at such a message. But I guess the Pharisee part hit a little close to home for some and they didn't like the reflection in the looking glass of the Word. They decided to forget what manner of man they saw in that reflection.

And, as history bears out millions of times before, the messenger is targeted, despised, marginalized, defamed, deemed dangerous and toxic. Strange that preaching Jesus, the blood and the cross makes someone a pariah. Preach anything, but don't preach Jesus! There's no other choice. Preach for the praise of men or preach for the applause of heaven.

Burning at the stake, hanging, drowning, firing squad, excommunication, kicked out, pressured out, starved out, crucified, whatever---the end result is the same. The Machine will destroy you. Okay a little dramatic, but you get the picture. MJ will do fine. He's a good man and will keep preaching Jesus. A good church will continue to move forward.

For those of you that want to preach Jesus for those who would see Jesus, keep on keepin on. But be warned, hell takes notice of the Jesus Preachers. Be vigilant, be alert. But take heart: the gates of hell will not prevail.
Right on the money!!!! Well said.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:58 AM
crakjak

Re: Mark Johnston Drops from UPCI, Garner Next???

Preaching Jesus and His ability to save to the uttermost has alway been an offense and stumbling block. Why? It takes the control out of the hands of men and returns it to God, and empowers the pew like nothing else! God is at work and WHO will hinder Him???
"The Walls are Coming Down" "...like a rolling stone, the cross before me, no chains on me"!!!! Chris Tomlin
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 01-27-2011, 11:11 AM
Registered Member

Re: Mark Johnston Drops from UPCI, Garner Next???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMasterMind View Post
So the entire constituency of the UPC ministers under the age of 35 in now in the 300s and dropping?
Quote:
less than 5% ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Sources?
Bump.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:11 AM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
That the only people who got in the way of people who wanted to see Jesus were the Pharisees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
From a Biblical standpoint, is this correct? I'm not at home to do any research, but it seems like all of the religious groups were at fault. I know we like to target the Pharisees, but seems like the other groups were just as much as fault as well.
Well, let's just consider the New Testament, and the NT only for a moment.

What "other religious groups" were involved in criticizing and attacking the ministry of Jesus Christ during his earthly ministry in the Gospels? ... nobody?

In the specific case cited, "... We would see Jesus..." (John 12) we have an example of a group of "Greeks" (most likely Hellenized, and thus ritually "unclean" Jews) asking to see Jesus. This request is handed up a sort of chain of command among the disciples and we are never told whether the "Greeks" got to see Jesus at all.

We are told however, that Jesus Christ is to be glorified and that "the Prince of this world shall be cast out." Thus, it appears, Christ is to become the "Prince" of all men - whether they are ritualistically kosher or not.

The text continues a discussion where some question Jesus' testimony based upon their own understanding of the Law. Jesus corrects their understanding and once again asserts His own Primacy.

... but, we are never told whether or not the "Greeks" got to see Jesus. From the context, I guess they did, eventually; when Jesus was "lifted up."
Old 01-27-2011, 11:20 AM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Jeff Hennigan and Jim Kilgore next?
Those "backsliders" with their "filth?"

Why is it ... Why do the radical and "hard-core" standards kind of guys in the UPC and WPF sound more and more like the "Old Steve Winters?" It seems that even Winters finally got tired of that rap and decided to relax and even "rock out" a bit.

... a crazy kind of a bit, but the guy has certainly tamed his vehemence and rhetoric. Now, to hear someone called "filth" you have to go to General Conference or read a WPF website.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:26 AM
Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
Those "backsliders" with their "filth?"

Why is it ... Why do the radical and "hard-core" standards kind of guys in the UPC and WPF sound more and more like the "Old Steve Winters?" It seems that even Winters finally got tired of that rap and decided to relax and even "rock out" a bit.

... a crazy kind of a bit, but the guy has certainly tamed his vehemence and rhetoric. Now, to hear someone called "filth" you have to go to General Conference or read a WPF website.
WOW, i remember him, he tuff to read/listen to.
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com