Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Music Room
Facebook

Notices

The Music Room Share your favorite music, or request song lyrics here.

Old 09-29-2007, 07:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Paths View Post
Thank God it's not that way over here, we still have Willie, Waylon and the Boys.

LOL!!!
Old 09-30-2007, 01:51 AM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post

kids! When the newspapers went to adult delivery carriers I knew we would loose our kids. Can't even send them out to get a paper route anymore.

"very casual in attire" - that include baggy trousers and untucked shirts? Well, not on my lawn!
I was being purposefully ridiculous with this post, sorry. I couldn't care less about the stuff described. In 10 years the style will be narrow ties and matching suits again. Whatever.

Sounds like LifeGuide's got a great group. Rock on! I in fact like a sound that is "heavier" than what my kids like. They hear something crazy and the first they they say is, "Dad would like that!" LOL. Everything I listen to bemuses them. Well, Rock On!
Old 10-01-2007, 07:42 AM
My two little angels!

Unfortunately I have noticed. I love the rockier stuff whenI was a teen but now I am in love with the more worship stuff. We have a local band here in town - who are not so local anymore - they are touring all over the world and have recorded with Jeremy Camp but they are Wesleyan and they are awesome singers and music players. They put some of our UPC groups to shame with their worship - they are more accustic but they sound really really good!!!!
Old 10-01-2007, 07:49 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
I was being purposefully ridiculous with this post, sorry. I couldn't care less about the stuff described. In 10 years the style will be narrow ties and matching suits again. Whatever.

Sounds like LifeGuide's got a great group. Rock on! I in fact like a sound that is "heavier" than what my kids like. They hear something crazy and the first they they say is, "Dad would like that!" LOL. Everything I listen to bemuses them. Well, Rock On!
So is Lifeguide an Apostolic Rock band? If so thats the only one named so far. Does not sound like anything to worry about. I sure miss David and the Giants!
Old 10-01-2007, 08:13 AM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenEsther View Post
Unfortunately I have noticed. I love the rockier stuff whenI was a teen but now I am in love with the more worship stuff. We have a local band here in town - who are not so local anymore - they are touring all over the world and have recorded with Jeremy Camp but they are Wesleyan and they are awesome singers and music players. They put some of our UPC groups to shame with their worship - they are more accustic but they sound really really good!!!!

methodist putting our Pentecostals to shame in worship???

now, i just can't believe that one
Old 10-01-2007, 08:36 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
methodist putting our Pentecostals to shame in worship???

now, i just can't believe that one
Believe it. I have felt more of the spirit at a David Crowder concert than our UPC youth conventions. It is hard to get past all of the manufactured hype that comes with todays Pentecostal worship.

Sorry to say this but the days of keyboard driven music in church is on the way out.

Sorry Thad. I have heard that you are an awesome keyboard player but it is time to get a guitar. I can give you some pointers if you need it.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:37 AM
pentecostisalive

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenEsther View Post
Ok, the problem with this post is that Music does not necessarily equal WORSHIP. You are saying that because they are awesome singers and music players that their worship puts UPC groups to shame. That is incorrect. TALENT does not automatically equal WORSHIP.

You are impressed with talent, but GOD is impressed with true worship from the heart. God also is impressed with those that worship him in Spirit and in TRUTH. What impresses us and what impresses God are two different things.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:01 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaguitar View Post
Believe it. I have felt more of the spirit at a David Crowder concert than our UPC youth conventions. It is hard to get past all of the manufactured hype that comes with todays Pentecostal worship.

Sorry to say this but the days of keyboard driven music in church is on the way out.

Sorry Thad. I have heard that you are an awesome keyboard player but it is time to get a guitar. I can give you some pointers if you need it.
Hey DG, what ever happen to your old band?
Old 10-01-2007, 09:03 AM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaguitar View Post

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat??? no you didnt no you didnt! I'm not giving up no keyboard for a guitar touch him LORD. i do like guitar though i wished i had a really good guitarist- wanna join our band?? lol

i think some SOME of this style is a trend. there is also a merge of sounds that;s taking place. Israel's style is a good example of this that's bringing freshness even to the urban chruches.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:10 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentecostisalive View Post
Ok, the problem with this post is that Music does not necessarily equal WORSHIP. You are saying that because they are awesome singers and music players that their worship puts UPC groups to shame. That is incorrect. TALENT does not automatically equal WORSHIP.

You are impressed with talent, but GOD is impressed with true worship from the heart. God also is impressed with those that worship him in Spirit and in TRUTH. What impresses us and what impresses God are two different things.
The amazing thing about bands like David Crowder and Chris Tomlin is that there is not as much talent involved with singing their music. The typical pentecostal choir jam takes tons of ability to sing and to play, while I could teach almost anyone to play a Tomlin worship song on guitar in about thirty minutes.

These guys are striping music and worship down to become exactly what the church needs today and that is getting back to personal worship and intimacy with our creator.
I would have loved to have had music like this growing up. This is music that you can actually "rock out" to while worshiping God. That is why the presence of God is so powerful at these "Baptist" concerts. People are hungry for worship and they come to these concerts expecting to worship and to feel God's presence.

Yes, the day has come that Pentecostals no longer have the edge on upbeat worship services. We used to be able to invite folks to church with our music as a way to lure them in. This is just not so anymore. At least this is the feeling I get down here in the Bible belt were every town has a Baptist church with modern worship music and the presence of God is felt but just not allowed to move.

All this is just my feelings and opinions. Can't prove any of it.