Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:25 PM
Registered Member

Re: Prayer Request: (Spiritual Warfare)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Spiritual "knowing gifts" will be of great assistance, but I've not really operated in them in several years. So if Word of Knowledge is needed, I pray God will provide.

I'm focusing on the armor of God:
Christ as Truth
Christ as our Righteousness
Christ as our Peace with God through the Gospel
Christ as the author and finisher of our Faith
Christ as our Salvation
Christ as the Living Word of God
Christ as the Spirit within through which we pray
Also focusing on how to guard the "gates" (eyes, ears, nose, mouth, touch).

When the tabernacle was consecrated to God they had seven seven items that symbolically represented various spiritual truths:
The Gate
The Altar
The Brazen Laver
The Golden Candlesticks
The Table of Shew Bread
The Altar of Incense
The Veil
The Ark of the Covenant
The spiritual realties are:
The One Faith (Access to God)
The Sacrificial Atonement of Jesus (propitiatory)
The Cleansing of Baptism and Washing of the Word
The Light and Truth of the Holy Spirit
The Word of God
The Praise & Worship of the Saints
The Barrier of Sin being Destroyed at Calvary
The Very Presence of God
If this made God's house "holy"... perhaps declaring and reckoning these truths in my home, and over my guests, will make our house too "holy" for the spirit to remain.

Just something I've been meditating upon for some reason.

Sounds like you have a very thorough approach happening. I love the spiritual realities you have laid out. Declaring the Word is so powerful!

One thing that I sort of connected with from my past experience was the book on serial killers. Before we came to church we had a lot of problems like you have mentioned (visitations etc.) and I do believe that something particularly evil (like what would be attached to a serial killer) used to come around when I got curious and started reading a book about Jack the Ripper that was loaned to us by an acquaintance. Also the books that you already disposed of would be a kind of permission for something to come or stay around.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:47 AM
Banned

Well... I prayed and fasted. Then I prayed throughout the basement and the house on Saturday. Anointed the house and rebuked anything that might be present.

All was very quiet. Nothing showed itself. So... either it left after the initial prayer last week... or it's hiding. I'll ramp up the spiritual atmosphere just a little this week and keep an eye open. Hopefully it's gone.

Your prayers might have paved the way for me, sometimes angels have a tendency to clean house before we arive.

Thank you guys for praying with me.

Last edited by Aquila; 03-04-2013 at 06:52 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Banned

Anyone familiar with this?

Types of Demons according to ancient Judaism:
Devils – Fallen Angels/Devils/Bene-ha-Elohim/Nephilim - unclean spirits

Dybbuk – Ghosts - familiar spirits
Old 03-06-2013, 03:30 AM
Registered Member

I have never seen it broken dpwn like that in Hebrew. I have heard people describe them in similar ways, but I don't know if familiar spirits have ever been described to me as ghosts. Does the original hebrew in the bible differentiate this way? I'm glad that things have improved
Old 03-08-2013, 06:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen4yeshua View Post
I have never seen it broken dpwn like that in Hebrew. I have heard people describe them in similar ways, but I don't know if familiar spirits have ever been described to me as ghosts. Does the original hebrew in the bible differentiate this way? I'm glad that things have improved
Well... maybe. I thought I saw some shadows on the landing coming downstairs out of the corner of my eye. When I looked, nothing was there. To me, they looked like two little children, maybe about 3 and a half, four feet tall. They didn't make a sound. They moved very quickly about half way down the steps and then they appeared to turn and run back up the stairs and around the corner. It was so fast, almost the blinking of an eye.

It "spooked" me a little but I chalked it up to my imagination. Then later that evening Christina, my fiance, said she thought she saw something strange but it was too fast to make it out. So that makes two of us that seems to have seen "something". But we're not sure what.

Maybe this is just getting to us. I might begin holding regular prayer vigils on the weekends until I feel at peace that nothing is there... or until it shows itself for certain again.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:05 AM
Registered Member

How are your house guests responding to things? Also, did you say you have kids in the house? Our kids see some freaky stuff... we were so strict with what and who came into the house when they were little, and prayed over the house every time someone left who was likely to bring unwelcome house guests"" of the spiritual kind with them. It's getting easier now that the kids are older, and they don't freak out as much as they used to, but we still get regular visitations.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen4yeshua View Post
How are your house guests responding to things? Also, did you say you have kids in the house? Our kids see some freaky stuff... we were so strict with what and who came into the house when they were little, and prayed over the house every time someone left who was likely to bring unwelcome house guests"" of the spiritual kind with them. It's getting easier now that the kids are older, and they don't freak out as much as they used to, but we still get regular visitations.
It's interesting. Attitudes are flaring unbelievably. Nobody takes it seriously. Tension in the home is rising exponentially. I think I can see what's happening clear as day. Everyone else can't see past their own interests.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
It's interesting. Attitudes are flaring unbelievably. Nobody takes it seriously. Tension in the home is rising exponentially. I think I can see what's happening clear as day. Everyone else can't see past their own interests.
Well, I will pray for you guys that you will have God's peace in your home. It's not easy sometimes sharing a house with family, but when you bring in others it must be extremely challenging.
Old 03-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Registered Member

Many people (even in the apostolic churches), dont realize when they are back home and not surrounded by the pastor and saints, that they have just as much power. I love how you stated your prayer with authority and boldness in Jesus Name. I am facing spiritual warfare every night since I have rededicated my life this past January 6th. called to minister from birth, I as well have faught many triffling spirutual battles. my father, pastor of The Pentecostals of Hamilton, told of how one night a spirit come into the room with my voice and started asking 'where are my keys'. dad being half asleep, responded, i dont know. you have my car keys with yours so idk. He said it kept asking and finally come up in his face and screamed give me my key back. (talkin about the key to the city spiritually). dad then stated how he was paralyzed and saw it lift its fist as if to punch him. he couldnt talk out and said in his mind he was thinking, You better hope i dont get ahold of you, being he wasnt scared, but when he thought the name Jesus, it left.
I didnt know they could touch us. but they can.
But we have power through the Holy Ghost.

even though they will try to cause fear, the Lord has not given a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound (peaceful) mind.

I am praying for the birth of your friends into the body of Christ.
God Bless.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:45 PM
Life=Coin. Spend wisely

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostolicDude View Post
Many people (even in the apostolic churches), dont realize when they are back home and not surrounded by the pastor and saints, that they have just as much power. I love how you stated your prayer with authority and boldness in Jesus Name. I am facing spiritual warfare every night since I have rededicated my life this past January 6th. called to minister from birth, I as well have faught many triffling spirutual battles. my father, pastor of The Pentecostals of Hamilton, told of how one night a spirit come into the room with my voice and started asking 'where are my keys'. dad being half asleep, responded, i dont know. you have my car keys with yours so idk. He said it kept asking and finally come up in his face and screamed give me my key back. (talkin about the key to the city spiritually). dad then stated how he was paralyzed and saw it lift its fist as if to punch him. he couldnt talk out and said in his mind he was thinking, You better hope i dont get ahold of you, being he wasnt scared, but when he thought the name Jesus, it left.
I didnt know they could touch us. but they can.
But we have power through the Holy Ghost.

even though they will try to cause fear, the Lord has not given a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound (peaceful) mind.

I am praying for the birth of your friends into the body of Christ.
God Bless.
Only if their life is consecrated and broken. The power of the holy spirit doesnt come over night. Speaking in tongues does not equal power.

Aquila, those spirits will not leave if you're living in sin with your fiance.

Last edited by Evenuntodeath; 03-12-2013 at 09:57 PM.