Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Welcome Mat
Facebook

Notices

The Welcome Mat Welcoming New Members! Are you new to AFF? Here's a forum where you can report in and introduce yourself!

Old 02-23-2014, 01:05 PM
Registered Member

Hello from Texas

Hi y'all,

My husband and I just began our walk with Christ about a year ago. We began at a baptist church and we felt like there was so much more to learn about God. I met a friend who shopped at my store (vitamin) and realized he was a minister. At that time I had no clue about the apostolic church and he didn't even mention it. He invited us to his weekly bible study. We attended his bible study every week because we loved it! And later he invited us to his church. We have been attending the apostolic church for a while now and we are so happy in it. We we're baptized at the baptist church but not in the name of Jesus. I like to do all things in the name of Jesus so this had to be done in the name of Jesus too!! I received the Holy Ghost and even spoke in tongues which I thought was not possible even though I read it and had seen it. It was the most amazing experience ever! My husband has yet to receive it but we are still praying! Any who, our pastor and minister always advice us to be led by the spirit in all things. I was surprised because No one told me not to cut my hair or not do wear make up nor to dress in skirts. But one day I personally was led to do some of these things. I really can't explain how Jesus just moved my heart in a certain direction! My church places an emphasis on how our hearts are and what is really in them and to be lead by the spirit and not by man. Which made so much sense to me! We are so lucky to have such honest leaders in our church. There are still some women who wear pants and I've never heard him say anything to them. God will do the work! Not wearing make up was easy for me! I think I am a beautiful creation made by God! Plus I get to sleep a bit more in the mornings! Lately, though I have been struggling because I have been feeling lonely. Not in the aspect most think. I know God is with me and he has given me to a wonderful husband and has placed us in a amazing church. But I just wish I had a best friend who I could share my faith with and go shopping and hang out with. I am very close to my ministers wife but she's a lot older than me. Lol. Our church is very small and we are the youngest ones there besides the kids.

So, hello to my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus! We must all stick together no matter what!! I am so blessed to be a new creature!!! Have a blessed Sunday!!!
Old 02-23-2014, 04:01 PM
Go Dodgers!

Re: Hello from Texas

Welcome

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:47 PM
Registered Member

Awesome testimony. Welcome.
Old 02-23-2014, 06:31 PM
On the road less traveled

Old 02-23-2014, 06:33 PM
Banned

Hi! You will hear things said against the Apo/Pent church, but i came up just like you, TX, Baptist, Free will Baptist, Charismatic, etc etc, thru Pentecostal, and just always kept "we felt like there was so much more to learn about God" as central as possible. I am no longer Pentecostal, but i guess having not been born and raised to it, perhaps, i lack the 'horror stories' that you will surely hear of, and Pentecostals have possibly taught me the most. Hey here i am hope you have a nice ride.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:12 PM
Registered Member

Congratulations! Welcome! When I was a baby my parents were introduced to the Pentecostal experience, having been Baptist. My dad always said he was a curiosity seeker, just wondering if there was more to it. I think I'm the same. I keep questioning and evaluating. I've learned a lot on this forum, most importantly that there were a lot of people just like me asking the same questions and discussing the same things.
Old 02-23-2014, 08:16 PM
Registered Member

Thank you all. I'm still striving to learn more. In this church though I can directly talk to the pastor or minister or my fellow brothers and sisters. Whereas the other churches we tried out it was impossible to talk to the senior pastor and they had like 20 other pastors lol. I felt like a number. We are all friends which I love! I've heard horror stories and it breaks my heart people have this preconceived notions about apostolics. I've been roaming on this forum for a bit and I was having doubts about joining bc it makes me sad that people seem to be against each other mostly bc of the "standards/regulations". But all apostolic/Pentecostal believe in the one true God, repentance, baptism, and spirit filled right (the "basics")? I'm still learning!!

Last edited by sandy002; 02-23-2014 at 08:19 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:57 PM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy002 View Post
Thank you all. I'm still striving to learn more. In this church though I can directly talk to the pastor or minister or my fellow brothers and sisters. Whereas the other churches we tried out it was impossible to talk to the senior pastor and they had like 20 other pastors lol. I felt like a number. We are all friends which I love! I've heard horror stories and it breaks my heart people have this preconceived notions about apostolics. I've been roaming on this forum for a bit and I was having doubts about joining bc it makes me sad that people seem to be against each other mostly bc of the "standards/regulations". But all apostolic/Pentecostal believe in the one true God, repentance, baptism, and spirit filled right (the "basics")? I'm still learning!!
Most on this forum are not against one another. Most are just sincere believers in Jesus Christ, seeking to know Him as He really is. Discussion and sharing should not be considered fighting.

Welcome to AFF, and welcome to a wonderful trip of discovery.
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 02-24-2014, 08:53 AM
Sister Alvear

welcome and God bless you

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 02-24-2014, 10:54 AM
of 9!! :)

What a nice testimony! Welcome dear sister.
May God continue to lead and guide you on
your journey.