Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:55 AM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

About Branhams accident....

http://wmb1.com
http://wmb1.com/portico/modules.php?...article&sid=15

The following portion of a letter, purportedly written by Sarah Branham DeCorado, reveals some insight into the accident that took the life of William Branham. The authorship of this letter cannot be verified, but it is interesting to note that Raymond Jackson, a close associate of William Branham, wrote a letter (link below) to Billy Paul Branham about its contents.

I remember that my father was very troubled before we left Tucson for the Jeffersonville meetings where he was to preach “The trail of the serpent” and expose names of the people of this message that were doing wrong including family members. In this tension we left Arizona. The last argument before we left was because my sister Becky wanted to stay in the apartment with her friend Betty Collins. My father never wanted her to stay. Finally he gave in as mother had already agreed and left her there. She gave her word that she would not leave the apartment.
All day my father was troubled and he would stop and call but she didn’t answer. We traveled until we stopped at evening time to eat. My father ordered his food and then I hear him tell mother: “I am going to call Becky one more time.” He called and came back to the table very upset. He turned to mother and said: “She’s not there.” He had ordered a piece of pie but never ate it. When we left Joseph went in the car with Billy Paul and Loyce which never would have happened any other time.
Just because my father was so troubled he never even noticed it. I got in the back seat, mother and father in the front. They started to argue right away. He was very upset, because Becky was not in the apartment as she had promised. Mother started taking up for her. My father turned to mother and said, “You know where she is.” Mother started crying saying, “Please, Bill…” I laid down in the back seat of the car, because I was very upset too, as this was the first time I had ever seen and heard them argue in that tone. My father said, “I am going to expose many things and names this time.” My mother kept begging: “Please, no, Bill…”
I know my father was a very cautious driver, always keeping speed limits and observing the traffic. Under normal circumstances he would have reacted and avoided the car coming towards him. While speaking he looked over to mother during this unpleasant conversation. Just then it happened.
That was the last thing I remember from ;before the crash until I came to myself in the ambulance. Later I found out that Rebekah was with Pearry Green and they had a difficult time finding her to let her know about the accident. I was two months in the hospital.
When I came home my mother acted very nervous around me. Finally she approached me and wanted to know how much I had remembered from before the accident. She told me not to mention or talk about it ever again, but to take it with me to the grave.
My father had a notebook on his sermon “The trail of the serpent.” My mother let me read where he had written: “I will be betrayed by someone very close to me.” Later when she wanted to see the notes again, she was told by Billy Paul that there were no notes, the pages were empty.
Also I would like to mention something that happened after the accident that always bothered mother and me. My father needed a blood transfusion immediately after the accident. He had a rare blood type and they had to send to another city for it. If he could have had the blood transfusion in time maybe his life could have been spared. How strange his own son would not donate blood in that emergency case.

http://wmb1.com/portico/modules.php?...article&sid=66

William Branham (1909-1965): Healing evangelist of the 1950’s
Pearry Green: Tuscon (AZ) Pastor and follower of William Branham
Billy Paul Branham: Son of William Branham (currently, President of William Branham Evangelistic Association
Rebekah (Becky): William Branhams other daughter
Raymond Jackson: (1924-2008) Friend/Associate of William Branham. Deceased pastor of Faith Assembly, Ckarksville, IN

http://williambranhamhomepage.org/wbmbpb1.htm

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.

Last edited by OneAccord; 02-20-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:30 AM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

Re: About Branhams accident....

William Marrion Branham:

Born: April 6, 1909, Burksville, KY
Accident: Dec. 18, 1965
Died: Dec. 24, 1965
Funeral: Dec. 29, 1965
Burial: April 11, 1966 Eastern Cemetary, Jeffersonville, IN

Old 02-20-2012, 06:36 PM
Austin

Very interesting point of information.
Many years ago I read his book I was interested in it until I came to certain sections and testimony by Brandham which made me a little sceptical.
I have heard him preach and he really went after it but in a different style then what most of us might be use to.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:08 AM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

When I was younger, I was around "The Message" quite a bit. I even attended Branham Tabernacle for a while when I lived in Jeffersonville (where I was raised). I thnk the thing that really unraveled things for me was when Bro. Branham (the "2nd Forerunner") compared himself to John the Baptist ("1st Forerunner"). Bro. Branham listed the similarities between the two but I noticed one glaring discrepancy. John was alive when Jesus came. Bro. Branham wasn't alive for the 2nd coming. This set me on a search to do just what he always said to do... check him with the Word. And, as I did, I began to see some things that just didn't add up. Serpent seed for one. Marraige and Divorce as well. And about a dozen different things.

Don't get me wrong, I do believe Bro. Branam had a prophetic ministry... as long as he kept doing what he was initially called to do. But, as is true for many ministers " .... the latter end is worse with them than the beginning." (2 Pet.2:20), Bro Branham went into error in his latter years.

My intent in posting this portion of the letter was not to defame Bro Branham or his family, but to provide some insight as to what was going on the day/night of the accident. The entire letter, supposedly written by Bro. Branhams youngest daughter, raises alot of questions. Questions, I suppose that will be forever unanswered. Billy Paul confirms that it was Bro. Branhams intent to return to Jeffersonville to preach the "Trail of the Serpent". One can only wonder what would have been the contents of that sermon.

Old 02-21-2012, 03:19 PM
Austin

Well you know if such a message came from God then it is still with God to be revealed.
I think that message has more than likely came to light since that time as you and I can see within the world and it's domain. However when we look into the world of reflective Christianity we also see a trail of the devil working among the members changing things and changing other things.
I think the trail of the serpent ended up at the location of the, City of Political Correctness!

What saith thee?

In other perspectives I believe brother Branham was a man who was not afraid to tell people the truth. He preached it from the heart. It seems down through time, as men of God become more popular and start to draw large crowds of people and gain attention, it appears to have an effect on their spiritual life.
Is it the money, the fame, the stress, the tribulation of the ministry and also dealing with family and life in general, what is it.?/

Last edited by Austin; 02-21-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:38 AM
Registered Member

Strange I had heard Branham was in a car full of Ministers and was the only one that died.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:06 AM
Registered Member

No. William was in the car with his wife and his daughter, Sarah. Both were badly shook up but lived. His wife, Medah is now deceased. His older daughter is also deceased while [asfar as I know] Sarah is still in the land of the living.

It has been detailed by his daughter who was present in the car at the time that William and his wife were arguing about the other daughter being left in Tucson where he wintered. Apparently William looked away and that was when a driver hit him head on. The other driver was killed instantly as I was given to understand it.

The death of "the prophet" [Message Prophet] was the first nail in the coffin of prophetic failure, more followed as the years have rolled on.

The theme is an old one, especially in certain spiritual gatherings. A "prophet" arises during times of exceptional interest such as the Post WW2 revival. Some men are elevated to all but godhood. The revival runs its course, expectations are not fulfilled and ministers are cast adrift as it were. The cards and letters all but cease but the bills do not. Thus the need to generate interest. Enter the flesh in all its glory and gallons and gallons of "painted fire." It was over but they didn't want it to be over. So, they created another engine of interest and expectation. The theory of the "Restorer" arises [again], "Elijah" has been manifested. This time it's the 4th Coming of Elijah to the gentile church. That there is no Scripture for this theory troubles the customers not a whit. It is the engine of renewed interest and the cards and letters begin to flow once more.

"We're back in business."

Then the arrival of the mass media, TV. Later the internet. Millions and millions of prospects to be gathered into the cults. Mormons, super wealthy and maybe even a son of Joseph Smith the false prophet might inhabit the White House. Everything now has an audience internationally speaking. Sects, cults, independents, denominations, madmen, church tramps, mystics, opportunists ... you name it. But, in it all there is the true seed of God. Those who have been truly born again, baptised by One Spirit into the One Body of Christ.

The Lord [alone] knoweth them that are His.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:14 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelofisrael View Post
No. William was in the car with his wife and his daughter, Sarah. Both were badly shook up but lived. His wife, Medah is now deceased. His older daughter is also deceased while [asfar as I know] Sarah is still in the land of the living.

It has been detailed by his daughter who was present in the car at the time that William and his wife were arguing about the other daughter being left in Tucson where he wintered. Apparently William looked away and that was when a driver hit him head on. The other driver was killed instantly as I was given to understand it.

The death of "the prophet" [Message Prophet] was the first nail in the coffin of prophetic failure, more followed as the years have rolled on.

The theme is an old one, especially in certain spiritual gatherings. A "prophet" arises during times of exceptional interest such as the Post WW2 revival. Some men are elevated to all but godhood. The revival runs its course, expectations are not fulfilled and ministers are cast adrift as it were. The cards and letters all but cease but the bills do not. Thus the need to generate interest. Enter the flesh in all its glory and gallons and gallons of "painted fire." It was over but they didn't want it to be over. So, they created another engine of interest and expectation. The theory of the "Restorer" arises [again], "Elijah" has been manifested. This time it's the 4th Coming of Elijah to the gentile church. That there is no Scripture for this theory troubles the customers not a whit. It is the engine of renewed interest and the cards and letters begin to flow once more.

"We're back in business."

Then the arrival of the mass media, TV. Later the internet. Millions and millions of prospects to be gathered into the cults. Mormons, super wealthy and maybe even a son of Joseph Smith the false prophet might inhabit the White House. Everything now has an audience internationally speaking. Sects, cults, independents, denominations, madmen, church tramps, mystics, opportunists ... you name it. But, in it all there is the true seed of God. Those who have been truly born again, baptised by One Spirit into the One Body of Christ.

The Lord [alone] knoweth them that are His.
Ok just surprised that the story I have passed on to others was not true. I dont accept that he was THE PROPHET but from what I have read it seems he had a real gift.

His teaching concerning commitment to Christ leads me to think he was not deliberately a deceiver. Anyway all I can go by is what I have read. I disagree with some of his doctrines and agree with others.

I know many times (when I had it) I picked up the story of his early ministry and tears began to fall and I felt I was reading an annointed story.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:41 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Ok just surprised that the story I have passed on to others was not true. I dont accept that he was THE PROPHET but from what I have read it seems he had a real gift.

His teaching concerning commitment to Christ leads me to think he was not deliberately a deceiver. Anyway all I can go by is what I have read. I disagree with some of his doctrines and agree with others.

I know many times (when I had it) I picked up the story of his early ministry and tears began to fall and I felt I was reading an annointed story.
That he functioned in what was called the, "healing evangelism" era is undoubted. That he was sincere is also undoubted even by his detractors tho not all agree he was forthright. But that is human opinion. That he was sincere adds even more kindling to the fire of the charge of deception. The sincere are often the most deceived and the most convincing. It is always, "what does the Bible teach" that carries the day. William left sound exegesis in the 1960's if not earlier for the sake of his visions, dreams, utterances and alleged, "thus saith the Lord" prophecies. This was characterized by failure. The mark of a true prophet is FULFILLED prophecy, not UNfulfilled prophecy. Even so, it would be the truth of Scripture that would determine the prophecy. Everything pivots on the Truth of Scripture. Nothing outside of that fortress of security, even a fulfilled utterance cannot ace the KING of Holy Writ.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneAccord View Post
When I was younger, I was around "The Message" quite a bit. I even attended Branham Tabernacle for a while when I lived in Jeffersonville (where I was raised). I thnk the thing that really unraveled things for me was when Bro. Branham (the "2nd Forerunner") compared himself to John the Baptist ("1st Forerunner"). Bro. Branham listed the similarities between the two but I noticed one glaring discrepancy. John was alive when Jesus came. Bro. Branham wasn't alive for the 2nd coming. This set me on a search to do just what he always said to do... check him with the Word. And, as I did, I began to see some things that just didn't add up. Serpent seed for one. Marraige and Divorce as well. And about a dozen different things.

Don't get me wrong, I do believe Bro. Branam had a prophetic ministry... as long as he kept doing what he was initially called to do. But, as is true for many ministers " .... the latter end is worse with them than the beginning." (2 Pet.2:20), Bro Branham went into error in his latter years.

My intent in posting this portion of the letter was not to defame Bro Branham or his family, but to provide some insight as to what was going on the day/night of the accident. The entire letter, supposedly written by Bro. Branhams youngest daughter, raises alot of questions. Questions, I suppose that will be forever unanswered. Billy Paul confirms that it was Bro. Branhams intent to return to Jeffersonville to preach the "Trail of the Serpent". One can only wonder what would have been the contents of that sermon.
Baro Branham was a great man of God. Now God suffered things to happen that many people simply dont understadn. And with the carnal mind (intellectual mind) there is no way that anyone could understnd the things that happened and why they happened and if you try to understand them carnally all you will do is wrestle them to your own destruction. But there are answers to any and all questions. God did not leave the world in 1965 with the pasing of Bro Branham he has hand and always will have his word in the earthm, it is our duty to find that word and that word will reveal all things. I am jsut very thbnakful that I was able to find that word.