Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-24-2009, 10:07 AM
Mr. Stewart

Conspiracy Theories

Some of the talk about conspiracy theories as well as some documentaries I've seen recently has me wondering. Are there any conspiracy theories that you think may have some validity to them. I used to be dismissive of all of the popular, consistent conspiracy theories, but I have recently seen things that make me wonder.

I am convinced now that some factions of our government are capable of anything, especially years ago when accountability and secrecy were a bit different.

I have seen very compelling information on the JFK assasination that seems to almost beyond a doubt point to a larger conspiracy.

Some of the criticisms of the moon landing are indeed interesting.

I used to dismiss it all as a bunch of kooks and operated under the impression that no factions of our noble government would do those sorts of things.

Either the United States will destroy ignorance, or ignorance will destroy the United States. – W.E.B. DuBois
My Countdown Counting down to: The Apocolypse
Old 07-24-2009, 10:11 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Re: Conspiracy Theories

I think our government has done some questionable things, that we will probably never know about. Even in this day and age of big media coverage, some things are just kept secret. The thing about conspiracy's is to keep the people in the "know" to very few.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 07-24-2009, 10:16 AM
Mr. Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
I think our government has done some questionable things, that we will probably never know about. Even in this day and age of big media coverage, some things are just kept secret. The thing about conspiracy's is to keep the people in the "know" to very few.
Some of the scariest info in the two cases that I listed, is how many people "in the know" met untimely, unnatural deaths. It could all be crazy talk I guess, but in some cases I'm wondering if where there's consistent smoke for decades, is there fire?

Either the United States will destroy ignorance, or ignorance will destroy the United States. – W.E.B. DuBois
Old 07-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstew View Post
Some of the scariest info in the two cases that I listed, is how many people "in the know" met untimely, unnatural deaths. It could all be crazy talk I guess, but in some cases I'm wondering if where there's consistent smoke for decades, is there fire?
More than likely. I remember watching the way Oswald was killed. I grew up in Dallas, and NO ONE was SUPPOSED to be allowed down that ramp but cops and suspects. Even Jack Ruby, especially on THAT day! As for the President being killed and the Governor injured by a lone gunman (Oswald) I think we do not know exactly what happened. I also have walked the street where Officer Tippet was killed, they just painted over the bloodstains. Been in the Texas theater when I was a kid. A lot of stuff happened to me that is questionable.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 07-24-2009, 12:07 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

I can't help but wonder how much LBJ had to do with the elimination of JFK.
That it happened in Texas seems more than a coincidence.

Also, the deaths/suicides of those whose elimination was beneficial for the Clintons is scary.

With the Chicago Political Machine in control of the past Presidential election and now in control of the federal government, I have given up any hope of "democracy" for this country.

Here in Ohio we saw egregious voter fraud through ACORN resulting in Obama winning the Ohio vote. Nothing can be done about it because that would be considered "racist" and ACORN which is openly Democratic is funded by our tax money.

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 07-24-2009, 12:14 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
I can't help but wonder how much LBJ had to do with the elimination of JFK.
That it happened in Texas seems more than a coincidence.

Also, the deaths/suicides of those whose elimination was beneficial for the Clintons is scary.

With the Chicago Political Machine in control of the past Presidential election and now in control of the federal government, I have given up any hope of "democracy" for this country.

Here in Ohio we saw egregious voter fraud through ACORN resulting in Obama winning the Ohio vote. Nothing can be done about it because that would be considered "racist" and ACORN which is openly Democratic is funded by our tax money.
I think we have to understand that you get what you pay for. It's all about the money. The quest for power costs money. I don't think that's a conspiracy, but it is more true than some want to believe. There is not a politician that has been voted in office without there being a pay off for someone, or a group of someone's.

Old 07-24-2009, 12:36 PM
Registered Member

My 2 cents worth. Never in the history of this planet have humans had such a high dose of tv. It is loaded with fiction and items that feed conspiracy type thinking. How in the world can i be surprised that some don't adopt those mystical or supernatural explanations or secret conspiracy.
I was raised aroud a good number of uneducated farmers. There were some theories floating around re; secret commissions and secret wealth. Gold was good and paer currency was worth not only zero but unconstitutional and more. I also was at the Maria Isabella in mexico city when the Gold standard was dropped by the IMF and Congress 1978. Many educated people cried conspiracy.
For every conspiracy that is removed by education, more secrets start to become observible. Last year a preecher claimed AIDS was a conspiracy. In the 70's I saw a young boy that had symptoms of aids and the diagnostic profile had never been isolated nor had the disease even been named.
We will always have some facts and see people fill the gaps with a story.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:44 PM
Mr. Stewart

I know that conspiracy theories come a dime a dozen, but there are a handful that really can get your attention. I watched a documentary on A&E called The Men Who Killed Kennedy. While it didn't go as far as to solve and give ultimate answers, it raised enough legitimate questions in my mind that I do believe that there is more to the story.

Some of the analysis of the lunar landing footage, pictures, and info is pretty interesting too.

Old 07-24-2009, 01:32 PM
Registered Member

I think a lot of times the conspiracy theories one gives credence to is based on what one believes. For instance, I think the Space Program is a great thing, therefore I don't really buy into the faked moon landing conspiracy.

While I won't say I believe in the Freemasons running the world, or at least America, I will say that it is an interesting theory with some interesting coincidences surrounding it. But I might find this theory semi-plausible simply because I distrust most in government.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstew View Post
Some of the talk about conspiracy theories as well as some documentaries I've seen recently has me wondering. Are there any conspiracy theories that you think may have some validity to them. I used to be dismissive of all of the popular, consistent conspiracy theories, but I have recently seen things that make me wonder.

I am convinced now that some factions of our government are capable of anything, especially years ago when accountability and secrecy were a bit different.

I have seen very compelling information on the JFK assasination that seems to almost beyond a doubt point to a larger conspiracy.

Some of the criticisms of the moon landing are indeed interesting.

I used to dismiss it all as a bunch of kooks and operated under the impression that no factions of our noble government would do those sorts of things.
I am not really prone to conspiracy theories but it is rather obvious to me this thread was created for the sole purpose of finding out who, on this web site, held such tendencies and then to mark them for observation and perhaps a "visit" to a "special place" to "reducate" those with cetain "delusions". Nice try buddy. But you got to get up prrreeetttyyy early in the morning to pull one over on us here.