Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Canadian Flavour
Facebook

Notices

Canadian Flavour FROM C2C ~The Canadian Corner~

Old 06-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Live like it.

Re: Whaaaaaaatt???? What's happening in Canada??

Yes MM, it was a special thing to stand there and watch her little head go under that water and rise again!
I'm sure the feeling was the same you had when TB was baptised. It's like one of your children in the Lord.

Truly Blessed, You are so right.. God is responding to hunger and thirst at CCC. If we can keep ourselves focused and not veer off from the path of prayer, fasting and worship, we'll see more than we could have hoped for... I do believe!

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
My Countdown Counting down to: Spring...
April Showers Bring May Flowers!
Old 06-17-2008, 08:37 AM
Live like it.

What's going on everyone?!!!!

Did you all go on vacation?

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:50 PM
Registered Member

There must be a sale on ale.

Join EC, help make this site something worth its name. We need people to get on their and start discussion, post pictures, make and join groups! INVITE YOUR FRIENDS... ask me what I would do to get you to join and invite your friends!
Old 06-18-2008, 04:23 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. LPW View Post
What's going on everyone?!!!!

Did you all go on vacation?
No ,not on vacation yet ,I've been around just lurking.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:27 AM
Registered Member

The annual Canada Conference took place in Winnipeg last week. It was great to be able to go and reconnect with some old friends and of course make some new.

While the conference was, as was expected, smaller in attendance than last year, there was a tremendous spirit of unity and expectation that prevailed. Each message, from Bro. Dillon the first night, Bro. Andy Nieman (what a story) and Bro. Andrew Dickinson the first morning, Bro. Brian Abernathy the second night (even though he's from Indiana the Bro. can preach) and of course the finale by Bro. Granville MacKenzie dovetailed together.

There were great reports of what is happening in Newfoundland - Bro. Hughey (not sure of the spelling) an evangelist from Missouri has been there for the past 6 weeks under the auspices of GHMD and has been stirring things up with door knocking etc. In one church which had an average attendance of 6 - after being there a week they had 38 on Saturday night and 27 on Sunday night. In church after church similar things happening - in Newfoundland!

Oh yeah -- we also raised 40k for evangelism in Canada - to bring prospector/harvester type evangelists into small churches and some of our smaller districts. Looks like we will have two campaigns - one in Canadian Plains and another somewhere else to be decided - where an evangelist will come in for 2 months to help these smaller churches.

Central Canadian District did a great job hosting.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:28 AM
Registered Member

Canada Conference Part 2
Bro. Reg Harwood gave a report of his work in Elliot Lake, ON. 54 baptized in two years. They were also able to purchase a church building.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:53 AM
Registered Member

Anybody following the Stephen Boissoin story in Alberta? Scary stuff.
Youth pastor wrote a letter to the editor about homosexuality and the Alberta Human Rights Commission issued an order for him to apologize banned him from speaking disparagingly of gays.
http://network.nationalpost.com/np/b...te-speech.aspx
Old 06-18-2008, 05:17 PM
Live like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIPLE E View Post
No ,not on vacation yet ,I've been around just lurking.
What I SHOULD be doing.

Old 06-18-2008, 05:21 PM
Live like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
The annual Canada Conference took place in Winnipeg last week. It was great to be able to go and reconnect with some old friends and of course make some new.

While the conference was, as was expected, smaller in attendance than last year, there was a tremendous spirit of unity and expectation that prevailed. Each message, from Bro. Dillon the first night, Bro. Andy Nieman (what a story) and Bro. Andrew Dickinson the first morning, Bro. Brian Abernathy the second night (even though he's from Indiana the Bro. can preach) and of course the finale by Bro. Granville MacKenzie dovetailed together.

There were great reports of what is happening in Newfoundland - Bro. Hughey (not sure of the spelling) an evangelist from Missouri has been there for the past 6 weeks under the auspices of GHMD and has been stirring things up with door knocking etc. In one church which had an average attendance of 6 - after being there a week they had 38 on Saturday night and 27 on Sunday night. In church after church similar things happening - in Newfoundland!

Oh yeah -- we also raised 40k for evangelism in Canada - to bring prospector/harvester type evangelists into small churches and some of our smaller districts. Looks like we will have two campaigns - one in Canadian Plains and another somewhere else to be decided - where an evangelist will come in for 2 months to help these smaller churches.

Central Canadian District did a great job hosting.
Now THAT is something to be excited about... the Newfoundland report!!! Wonderful wonderful.
Do you know which church it was that went from 6-27?

Where is Andrew Dickinson now?
Did you happen to see J McGillan? Old friend of ours.

Old 06-18-2008, 05:21 PM
Live like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNorth View Post
Canada Conference Part 2
Bro. Reg Harwood gave a report of his work in Elliot Lake, ON. 54 baptized in two years. They were also able to purchase a church building.
54 in one year is wonderful!!!!