Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Playground > Sports Arena
Facebook

Notices

Sports Arena For all those who want to talk sports...

Old 05-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Registered Member

Location: just north of the celtics red sox and patriots go baby!
Re: Pick Your NBA Champ 2010

I hate em too ,because he should be in jail,he raped that girl, i dont care what he says.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oletime View Post
I hate em too ,because he should be in jail,he raped that girl, i dont care what he says.
So set on rushing to judgement on a matter you know little about.

"Kill that sucker."

Love of God, so rich, so pure.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Why do you hate Kobe (over Jordan)?

It's not Kobe I hate... it's the Lakers.

BTW... GO PHOENIX. Hoping they have a strong second half here.
I don't really hate Kobe, I just think he has an attitude and wants to be the best player in the NBA and wants to be the center of attention. Like what he did in getting rid of Shaq cause he wanted to win the championship on his own without Shaq. I don't hate the Lakers cause I like Odom and Phil Jackson. I'm formerly from the chicago area, so I like Jackson and Jordan.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated Mind View Post
I don't really hate Kobe, I just think he has an attitude and wants to be the best player in the NBA and wants to be the center of attention. Like what he did in getting rid of Shaq cause he wanted to win the championship on his own without Shaq. I don't hate the Lakers cause I like Odom and Phil Jackson. I'm formerly from the chicago area, so I like Jackson and Jordan.
Ah... now it all makes sense!
Old 05-30-2010, 08:01 PM
Registered Member

Location: just north of the celtics red sox and patriots go baby!

Celtics!!! ,fingers not crossed quite so tight now , peaking at the right time !
Old 05-30-2010, 10:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oletime View Post
Celtics!!! ,fingers not crossed quite so tight now , peaking at the right time !
congratulations! I'm rooting for Boston. I hate LA.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:18 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated Mind View Post
hehe..Dr Buss wanted to get rid of Shaq. Shaq was an overweight pain in the butt. It wasn't Kobe.

And it was a good move too.
Go Lakers!

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
hehe..Dr Buss wanted to get rid of Shaq. Shaq was an overweight pain in the butt. It wasn't Kobe.

And it was a good move too.
Go Lakers!
Kobe wouldn't have won the championships without Shaq. Neither would have Dwayne Wade.

The difference is that Shaq was the best player on the Lakers when they won years ago and Wade was the best player on the Heat when they won. It's okay though, because Kobe has already validated himself by winning a championship without Shaq. In fact, I'll go ahead and say that Kobe is the best player in the NBA at this point in time. Lebron James is a playoff JOKE. He's a great player but he's no where near Kobe at this point in his career.

By the way GO BOSTON!
Old 05-31-2010, 12:12 PM
Firmly Planted in Christ

Is it down to the Lakers and the Celtics yet? If so my guess is that the Lakers take it but I'm rooting for Boston, sorta. Really a Spurs fan having lived in SA for about 15 years..
Old 05-31-2010, 12:57 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
Kobe wouldn't have won the championships without Shaq. Neither would have Dwayne Wade.
The lakers would not have won without a center on the floor. They won with Shaq and now they win with Gasol.

Quote:
The difference is that Shaq was the best player on the Lakers when they won years ago and Wade was the best player on the Heat when they won.
When Shaq and Kobe were both on the Lakers Shaq was NOT the best player. They were both pretty even at first until Shaq got lazy and put on weight.

Quote:
It's okay though, because Kobe has already validated himself by winning a championship without Shaq. In fact, I'll go ahead and say that Kobe is the best player in the NBA at this point in time. Lebron James is a playoff JOKE. He's a great player but he's no where near Kobe at this point in his career.
Agreed

Quote:
By the way GO BOSTON!
This is a classic. It's going to be good. I can remember back to the Magic/Bird era.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.