Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 03-13-2007, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbpew View Post
I was plain in my words, and you have replied with something I can not read as an answer. I am sorry for my lack of ability to either frame the question or receive your reply.

I will take from your reply [quoted above] that you DO TEACH that God is CONCURRENTLY:

Manifesting himself as the SON
while
Manifesting himself as the FATHER
while
Manifesting himself as the HOLY GHOST.

If I am incorrect that this is what you would teach, sorry, its the best I could do with your replies.
Of course he does ...
Old 03-13-2007, 08:45 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Wise one have at it splain away no one is stopping you. My chair is soft and I will read what you have to say. AND judge it.
Brother Epley... Thank you so much for taking the time to demonstrate the point I was trying to make with such precision and excellence.

Old 03-13-2007, 08:45 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sola gratia View Post
What I have found about most of us OP’s is we know very little about our own doctrine and a whole lot less about the Trinitarian doctrine – This ignorance leads to such statements like 'three-God paptists' and “their mother the Roman Catholic Church” These statements are what make the Trinitarians look at OP’s and think they are a joke, and dismiss them as “heretics” and “cults” and “crazy people” and well who can blame them.

Just a note – here are a couple of creeds, and a doctrinal statement from the AOG’s someone mentioned – I see a vehement theme of “One GOD” – In this manner your assessment is seriously flawed, and without merit

- We believe in one God – Nicene Creed
- There are not three Gods, but one God. – Anthanasian Creed
- The one true God has revealed Himself as the eternally self-existent "I AM," the Creator of heaven and earth and the Redeemer of mankind. AG Fundamentals of Truth

As is your understanding of words like:
Manifestations
Aspects
Persons

What is this hatred you guys have for the trinitarians? Did they enslave your parents or run over your dog or something? I think if your are going to make such claims of atrocities you should learn more about them – if not I’d shut that spicket off for awhile
I don't think OP's hate Trinitarian, but they hate the doctrine of the Trinity. I loathe it completely. It's a false teaching on who God fundamentally is and Trinitarians (not Chan) manipulate the word "God" and define God with 5 different meanings.

How can God say "I am" and be a Trinity? Makes absolutely no sense. According to Trinitarians only a "person" can speak and pray and love, etc....therefore how can "God" speak and say "I am"? as a collective unity? This is impossible according to their doctrine.

1. God can be representative of the Trinity
2. God is a nature (John1:1c)
3. The Father is God
4. The Son is God
5. The Holy Spirit is God

I understand their doctrine and the more I understand it the more I find it to be unbiblical. I can see how one might fabricate such a teaching but only in the light of the incarnation.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:49 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbpew View Post
I was plain in my words, and you have replied with something I can not read as an answer. I am sorry for my lack of ability to either frame the question or receive your reply.

I will take from your reply [quoted above] that you DO TEACH that God is CONCURRENTLY:

Manifesting himself as the SON
while
Manifesting himself as the FATHER
while
Manifesting himself as the HOLY GHOST.

If I am incorrect that this is what you would teach, sorry, its the best I could do with your replies.
He is doing those roles today as well as others. What can't you read about my other answer????
He is the sin sacrifice or bearer!
He is the High Priest!
He is God!!!!!

He is the Judge!
He is the Advocate!
He is the Ransom!!!!

The distinctions are NOT PERSONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a son-husband-pastor-cousin-uncle-saint all are different roles I personally fulfil but I am not 3 distinct separate persons. Can you comphrehend this?
Old 03-13-2007, 08:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post
Brother Epley... Thank you so much for taking the time to demonstrate the point I was trying to make with such precision and excellence.

I am glad I could help now splain away.
Old 03-13-2007, 08:51 AM
I need a Triple Espresso, NOW!

Quote:
He is doing those roles today as well as others. What can't you read about my other answer????
He is the sin sacrifice or bearer!
He is the High Priest!
He is God!!!!!

He is the Judge!
He is the Advocate!
He is the Ransom!!!!

I am a son-husband-pastor-cousin-uncle-saint all are different roles I personally fulfil but I am not 3 distinct separate persons. Can you comphrehend this?

I never met a chocolate I didn't like!

*sigh* I did nothing yesterday.... I wasn't finished so I did nothing again today!
Old 03-13-2007, 08:52 AM
but made himself of no reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Of course he does ...
thank you Daniel for stating what Steve Epley teaches and understands.

So could you [Dan] also share for me how he [Steve] teaches that two simultaneously occurring (concurrent) manifestations satisfied the law concering the testimony of two being needed to establish a true witness?

Quote:
It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.
I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.[John 8:17-18]
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath [James 1:19]
Old 03-13-2007, 08:55 AM

Quote:

I can certainly comprehend your words pertaining to you. But if you extend YOUR words into a discussion pertaining to manifestations of God, you would have to say that God is BOTH the Father and God is also the Son.

Steve, are you a Father and are you also your own Son.

Can you comprehend this?
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath [James 1:19]
Old 03-13-2007, 08:56 AM
I need a Triple Espresso, NOW!

I Am My Own Grandpa

I never met a chocolate I didn't like!

*sigh* I did nothing yesterday.... I wasn't finished so I did nothing again today!
Old 03-13-2007, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyChocolate View Post
I Am My Own Grandpa
man-o-man...
I knew I shouldn't have left my philosopher's glasses at home
Mystery of mysteries,
A lady is her own Grandpa.
I bet even Bible college graduates can't 'splain dat!