Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:37 AM
Resident PeaceMaker

Re: Segraves and OPs re-examine dispensationalism?

Here my friend.This bible study is a two day deal.
http://www.rightlydividingtheword.bi...e-studies.html
Old 02-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaamez View Post
I thought I had heard that Larry Smith was the author of the original SFT study. If that is incorrect, please accept my apology and correct my error.
You don't have to apologize. It's a mistake.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Medina's book lumped partial and full Preterism in the same camp. It did itself a great disservice by that account, IMO.
That's interesting could you explain the above further?
Old 02-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
That's interesting could you explain the above further?
I think you've stated that you believe all Partial Preterists will become Full Preterists. Even if that were true and I don't have any figures to say I agree or know that for a fact, they still should have made the distinction in both views. I didn't feel they did that in the book.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I think you've stated that you believe all Partial Preterists will become Full Preterists. Even if that were true and I don't have any figures to say I agree or know that for a fact, they still should have made the distinction in both views. I didn't feel they did that in the book.
That is because what they had to go from, was Brother Larry T Smith's book, "The Coming of the Lord, The Last Days, and the End of the World As Taught by Jesus and His Apostles." If you read the footnotes in Brother Medina's book you will find quotes from Brother Smith's book, and Brother Smith's tapes. Since they read Brother Smith's book and was mainly dealing with that book they could plainly see that the book leads one to the conclusion to believe in Partial or Full. Brother Smith on page four of his book makes this statement:

"The Total Preterist believes the same as the Partial Preterist except they believe all prophecy was fulfilled when the Lord came in judgement against Jerusalem in 70 AD."
~Larry T Smith

Even as Brother Smith continues to further explain the difference of Full and Partial later in this chapter the first sentence makes its statement clear. As one reads through Brother Smith's book, "The Coming of the Lord, The Last Days, and the End of the World As Taught by Jesus and His Apostles." it is plain to see how through the time language that is explained by the time you come to page 35, that Fulfilled Eschatology is just the logical next step. Brother Smith is not arguing against Fulfilled Eschatology in his book, he leaves it totally up to the reader to make his own decision.
Therefore Brother's Norris, Bernard, Chalfant and Medina see Partial Preterism a logical stepping stone to Fulfilled Eschatology.

Thank you for clearifying your comments.

In Jesus name

Brother Benincasa

www.OnTimeJournal.com
Old 02-04-2009, 11:21 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaamez View Post
I thought I had heard that Larry Smith was the author of the original SFT study. If that is incorrect, please accept my apology and correct my error.
Larry Smith is the author of a neat little Bible study called "Rightly Dividing the Word." He's also published one on the Godhead. Both are available free here (click the link).

I see an AFF poster has had some of his work added to this page, some guy something or another. I forget his name.

D'oh! I see now that others have chimed in on this already.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:24 PM
Yes,I am one of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJJ View Post
Bernard absolutely must have some partial preterist leanings. In his book the oneness of God he stated that Jesus came back on the day of Pentecost.

They probably don't want to call it preterism, because of the stand that they have taken against it already, they'll think up a new name, but the priciple will be the same.

Interesting
Of course Jesus returned at Pentecost,this is one thing Apostolic people do not fully grasp,He has been here ever since.This was the promised Kingdom of God where Jesus said in Luke 17..it is within you..If you have the Holy Ghost you have Jesus NOW,why do people still insist that He is not here?,Have you ever noticed in scripture that those of Acts 1:11 were the last ones to see that "body" Jesus had when He left? Did you know Jesus did return even before Pentecost?..Sure he did..who did Paul meet on the road to Damascus?..Jesus even told Paul that when ever He persecuted the church He was persecuting Jesus!{Acts 8}..the Church today is the Body of Christ!..Do you believe it?...many of you do not...