Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet > Testimonies
Facebook

Notices

Old 06-03-2008, 09:39 PM
Registered Member

Re: Margies3, How About A Report

I havent a clue to what happend to Walt, but I sense God all over your family. That may sound strange ... but thats what I feel. May God continue to bless you and your family Margie.

Blessings!!
Old 06-03-2008, 10:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve p View Post
I havent a clue to what happend to Walt, but I sense God all over your family. That may sound strange ... but thats what I feel. May God continue to bless you and your family Margie.

Blessings!!
Steve, I don't think you were on AFF at the time of Walt's incident. Let me share with you a little of what God did for us.........

On May 13, 2006, Walt had to be Life Flighted to Medical College Hospital here. They thought he was having a heart attack, but it turned out that his aorta had dissected the entire length of it. Starting from where it exits the heart all the way to where it branches off to his legs. And the area right as it exits his heart was buldging, which means he had an aneurism. A HUGE one.

The doctors at the hospital told me to kiss him quickly because they had to rush him into surgery if they were going to have any chance at all to save his life.

They got him on the table in the surgery, but not even draped yet, when the aneurism ruptured! Walt immediately lost over 90% of the blood in his body. The doctor cut him open and started to do what he could do to bring Walt back to life. In the end, in addition to the blood loss, Walt was a total of over 105 minutes with no blood or oxygen to his brain or to any other vital organs. He was in surgery from 4 pm on Saturday until approximately 6 am on Sunday. But he was alive!

The doctor came out after 4 hours of surgery to give me a report. Up to that point, I had no idea what was going on. He told me about the aneurism rupturing and then said to me that he's been a vascular surgeon for over 25 years and has never yet seen anyone who has survived a ruptured aortic aneurism. NEVER. He said he had no explanation for why Walt was alive up to this point. But that as long as he was living, the doctor was going to do everything he could to help him stay that way. But he didn't hold out much hope.

After they had him in a room in the ICU, they had to use the paddles to bring him back to life at least 5 different times that I know about that Sunday. But each time, he responded and came back. The surgeon came back in about noon on Sunday and was amazed that Walt was still alive. He thought he was coming in to sign papers for is death certificate.

My answer from the beginning was that if God had brought Walt this far, I believed he was going to finish the job. That the God I serve never does things half way and then stops.

After he survived the first couple of days, they started telling me that if he continued to live, I should prepare myself because surely Walt was going to be a vegetable for the rest of his life. I didn't believe it. MY God doesn't do things half way! They put a dialysis machine in the doorway to Walt's room right after surgery because they knew they would need it. His creatnin level was 6.9! But on Wednesday, they took it away because his levels were going steadily down.

To make a long, long story shorter ------ after 3 weeks, Walt left the ICU and was transferred to a rehab nursing home to learn how to walk, eat, feed himself, take care of his own personal needs, dress himself, write, etc., etc., etc., all over again. Even at that point, they were still not holding out hope that he would come back completely. They told me to plan for a year in the nursing home at the least. And that it was possible he might never come home.

On July 20th, Walt came home for good! And the first of November he went back to work as a civil engineer!!!

We saw miracle after miracle in this situation. God was sooooooooooo good to us!!

I posted daily updates on NFCF while all this was happening so that everyone could pray and so they'd know what to pray for. The support from the people here was absolutely incredible. It was amazing to me that these people who I had never met face to face - I became so close to them and so dependent on them for their love and encouragement and support through this. And they were there every step of the way. These are GOD's people! I'm grateful that He brought them into our lives!
Old 06-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Incredible India

This is what makes AFF great, is stuff like this-I mean to have been around during that time and praying for Walt. I remember Keith and I holding hands together and praying for him-I love hearing this. I am so glad the Matt asked you about Walt.

It's a great victory to see the graduation picture! Thank you for sharing your life with us Margie.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Registered Member

WOWOWOWOWOW!!! What a wonderful Great GOD we serve!!!!!
Thanks for sharing that with me!!!!
Blessings!!
Old 06-04-2008, 07:12 AM
Smiles everyone...Smiles!!

I have tears coming down my face right now. I am truly touched by Gods mercy and love towards you and Walt. God is so wonderful!
Old 06-04-2008, 08:23 AM
Create Your Own Rainbows!

Praise God once again for Walt and the miracles God performed for your family!

Awesome pic of your men, Margie...
Old 06-04-2008, 09:02 AM
Registered Member

This is one of my favorite AFF stories. just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside!

God is truely good!
Old 06-04-2008, 09:25 AM
Registered Member

Thank you all for asking about Walt. I read this thread to him last night and he was so touched by the fact that all of you still care so much. AFF is a great family, folks. No matter how much arguing we might do, under it all is still a solid foundation of love and care for one another. I know that I love each of you! We may never meet face-to-face here on earth, but be assured, when we get to Heaven, I plan to seek out every single one of you for a big hug!
Old 06-04-2008, 10:42 AM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margies3 View Post
Thank you all for asking about Walt. I read this thread to him last night and he was so touched by the fact that all of you still care so much. AFF is a great family, folks. No matter how much arguing we might do, under it all is still a solid foundation of love and care for one another. I know that I love each of you! We may never meet face-to-face here on earth, but be assured, when we get to Heaven, I plan to seek out every single one of you for a big hug!
This is exactly how I feel about AFF too, Margie!
Old 06-04-2008, 11:30 AM
The LORD will fight for you

Margie,

I couldn't tell you how many times that I have looked at your avatar and wondered how your husband was doing...I was glad to read that he was doing well.

God bless...

CB1

Isaiah 53:5: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."(KJV)

"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." Dwight L. Moody