Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 02-06-2010, 04:32 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Re: DKB Shares His Vision: Apostolic Identity,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will McLeod View Post

David, I hope to have some good intriguing conversations with you as well. No hard feelings. We are both grown ups here. Everyone needs to vent sometimes. Its the human nature. I wonder if it has anything to do with "carbon dioxide" in the atmospere?
My son left the propane valve open on the grill the other day. I blamed him for the "disappearing Himalayan glaciers!"
Old 03-23-2010, 12:28 PM
Registered Member

Re: DKB Shares His Vision: Apostolic Identity,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Thank you for your contribution to this thread, Will. Good points!

I was wondering if you have studied the word "wear" in Deut 22:5? I notice it is used only one time in the OT. It appears to have a different meaning than to just put on clothing.

Strongest Strong's says "wear" includes 1961+5921

1961 - "to exist, that is to be or become....."

Could you comment on that, if you have the time? I was of the understanding that Deut 22:5 is referring to homosexuality.
A primitive root (compare H1933); to exist, that is, be or become, come to pass (always emphatic, and not a mere copula or auxiliary)

It's important to note that this Hebrew word occurs in the Old Testament 1162 times, and only once is translated in 'wear'. 538 times it is translated in to "came", 136 times it's translated as "come", 83 times in to "had", 67 times in to "become", 66 times in to "became", etc.

Another important note is that in verse 11: "Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together.", the Hebrew word for "wear" in this verse is:

Strongs H3847: lâbash lâbêsh (law-bash', law-bashe')

A primitive root; properly wrap around, that is, (by implication) to put on a garment or clothe (oneself, or another), literally or figuratively: - (in) apparel, arm, array (self), clothe (self), come upon, put (on, upon), wear.

"Wear" is verse 11 is vastly different from the "wear" in verse 5. Verse 11's "wear" occurs 112 times in the Old Testament, it's translated in to "put" 41 times, "clothed" 39 times, "clothe" 12 times, "arrayed" 4 times, "wear" 4 times, etc.

So we come to the conclusion that it wasn't an abomination to simply "wear" the clothing, but the abomination was in the act of doing so for the effect to "become" the opposite sex; as is a cross dresser which was looking to engage an homosexual behavior, hence the "abomination".

If the abomination was simply in "putting on" clothes of the culture deemed appropriate for one sex or another, God would has used the same Hebrew word in verse 5 as he did for verse 11.

In other words, if you're going to wear clothes of the opposite sex in order to fulfill a desire to "become" or "exist" as the opposite by means of homosexuality, then that is an abomination.