Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Sunday School > Soul Winners Haven
Facebook

Notices

Soul Winners Haven Discuss soul winning topics here.

Old 07-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Philippians 4

You all have been so encouraging! I thank God for the new friends he has given me here at AFF. I'm signing off for the night. Thanx again!

myspace.com/darciemarti
Old 07-30-2007, 08:50 PM
His Eminance, High Potatohead Potatotate

Just a note maybe it's been mentioned...

The People who will be Loyal to you will be the ones you win to the Lord...

People that come from another church may bless you for a while..but they may move on to another... just count it as a time that God brought a Blessing (Hopefully) your way just for the time He needed them to...

Concentrate on winning the Lost there you'll find treasure...
Old 07-30-2007, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post

People that come from another church may bless you for a while..but they may move on to another... just count it as a time that God brought a Blessing (Hopefully) your way just for the time He needed them to...

But the greatest hurts you will face as a pastor is when the babies walk away.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:55 PM
His Eminance, High Potatohead Potatotate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
But the greatest hurts you will face as a pastor is when the babies walk away.
It happens... That's the price Shepherd have to pay at times.. they just take a piece of your heart away with them...

But there will be NEW Babies born too..
Old 07-30-2007, 08:57 PM
Registered Member

Darcie, I have added you folks to my prayer list. I know God is going to give you success. As you sow the precious seed of the gospel, and lovingly water it, you can be sure God will give you a bountiful harvest. Deliver the Word with authority, assurance and accuracy and see God work wonders as the Spirit is released in a fresh anointing upon your ministry.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post

I think we learned that one in Dad's church RevR ... although when the pastor passes all bets are off.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:53 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Just don't put quantity over quality. Quality before quantity usually results in a quantity with quality.

...lets hear you say that three times fast.
Acts 16:5 in The Living Bible says, "So the church grew daily in faith and in numbers." I think the growth in faith is quality and the growth in numbers is quantity. Both are needed. Maybe the quality is first in that verse because it is more important than the quantity.

When I pray for pastors and their churches, I pray Acts 16:5 for them. I pray for growth in both quality and quantity.

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship

Last edited by Sam; 07-30-2007 at 09:54 PM. Reason: correct typo
Old 08-04-2007, 12:25 AM
His word burns in my heart like a fire...Fire Fall Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
Be careful who you give your ear to. The temptation to give in to ego will be great. Pay special attention to those men and women of God who have personally planted churches.

I highly recommend Tommy and Judy Hudson's book, "Miracle Through the Fire". Another good one is "A Church Planter's Dream" by David Norris. "Pioneer Pentecostals" from PPH will have you in tears, but is very, very inspiring.

Close your ears to every person who would cast doubt and negativity on the work. Learn to be a survivalist.

I appreciate your series of advice....good stuff, bro.....carry on....

Old 08-04-2007, 06:38 AM
delete account

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcie View Post
Just looking for some friendly advice and encouragement.

My husband and I started a Spanish church here in Wilmington, NC a year and a half ago.

It's been a little bit of a roller coaster ride. I was just wondering if anyone had some advice or experiences they may want to share.
Dear Darcie,

We began a church from scratch and the best advice I can give is to get involved in the community. My ex worked in Piggly Wiggly bagging groceries and came in contact with a family of backsliders who really wanted to come back to the Lord. Remaining consistent with them, getting involved in their lives; i.e., weddings, divorces, sicknesses, and being there to answer questions, ect.

Joining civic groups, taking your turn as chaplain at the hospital, and advertizing. First thing we did was put up a sign in a rental building and it was a small enough town that everyone wanted to stop and find out who we were and why we were...then they gave us the history of the present building, ect.

So my advice is, love the town you are in. Get involved in the community. Volunteer at the jails and hospitals...get a job locally.

Blessings, Sis. Rhoni
Old 08-04-2007, 06:44 AM
delete account

As for encouragement: It takes special people to dig a church from nothing. Get family and friends who love God and love you...let them be your social and encouragement/support. Be humble enough to accept gifts of groceries, food, and money. Refrain from getting help from Home Missions funds as there are strings attached that limit your ability to get ahead. If you take anything at all, let it be free helps from surrounding churches and not monetary funds from the organization.

I used to get ticked: our relatives went to a big, kind of uppity church. They would never 'shout'/dance in a service there. Get them in our little home missions church and sing an old song with a good basic salvational sermon and they would shout the house down. LOL

Invite groups to come and help out from colleges...tell the you can't pay but you can use them and feed them...they'll come.

Blessings & Prayers, Sis. Rhoni