Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-28-2007, 11:47 AM
Urban Pastor

Tenneys at Free Chapel for Pentecost Sunday

Bishop & Sister Tenney were the special guests at Free Chapel Worship Center in Gainesville, GA with Pastor Jentezen Franklin on Pentecost Sunday. Bishop Tenney preached two powerful ACTS 2 messages and quoted Acts 2:38 several times. Rev. Doug Kliendenst directed the people on how to receive the Holy Ghost - head back - arms up - eyes closed..... and many hundreds were filled. I know that this will be Doug's CLAIM TO FAME that he "preached" (which he did not) at Free Chapel to over 7000 people on Pentecost Sunday. No telling what his numbers will end up being!

My youngest son was there and said it was pretty awesome. Free Chapel is a Congregational Holiness Church - an offshoot from Pentecostal Holiness and FC has over 10,000 members. The new facility was debt free when they walked in the doors 2 years ago. It seats 3,700 and they are getting ready to add 2000 more seats and a 500 seat Youth Sanctuary this year at a cost of 30 mil. It will be debt free when they walk into it.

The Tenneys are frequent guests and Pastor Franklin considers Bishop Tenney his pastor.

Last edited by ThePastorsCoach; 05-28-2007 at 11:49 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-28-2007, 11:51 AM
Invisible Thad

my Gaaaawwwwd i thought you died !!!

where have you been ????????

so, Tenney preached there again ????

2 Questions AB

1) jentzen is a staunch Trinitarian. Does his members know he is having a "Jesus only non Trinitarian Preacher" ???how do they reconcile this ???

2) Do you really think tenney is trying to win Jentzon to Oneness or what ?
Old 05-28-2007, 12:34 PM
God's Son

Tenney is out to win people to Christ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post

2 Questions AB

1) jentzen is a staunch Trinitarian. Does his members know he is having a "Jesus only non Trinitarian Preacher" ???how do they reconcile this ???

2) Do you really think tenney is trying to win Jentzon to Oneness or what ?

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 05-28-2007, 01:08 PM
Urban Pastor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post

2 Questions AB

1) Jentezen is a staunch Trinitarian. Does his members know he is having a "Jesus only non Trinitarian Preacher" ???how do they reconcile this ???

2) Do you really think tenney is trying to win Jentezen to Oneness or what ?
Hey THAD - Been in Hawaii for 11 days and am glad to be home - we had a GREAT PENTECOST SUNDAY at Church Alive of Atlanta!

We have been Sooooooooooooooooo busy as we are moving our home across town - boxing up - getting everything ready for the big move after 13 years in this house. Plus we are moving CHURCH ALIVE into much larger facilities by July 1 so we are VERY BUSY!

Answers to your questions.
1. Lots of Ex-UPC's at Free Chapel - including several women that their UPC pastor husbands left them and the church for other women.
I have several family members there - including my very Godly - Holiness - Mother in Law and my youngest Son is a member there and works with Pastor Franklin on many of his Illustrated Sermons and travels with him at times.

JF has been highly influenced by Tommy Tenney, TF & Thetus Tenney, Steve & Phil Muncie, T. D. Jakes and many others with Apostolic foundations. All of these continue to believe the Revelation of Jesus Christ and baptism in the Name of Jesus. I know that is not good enough for some - but as far as I can see - nothing is ever good enough and you can never do enough to be saved anyway in the "Oneness" movement.

I do not believe TFT has tried to indoctrinate JF or Jim Cymbyla or any other pastor he ministers for in "Oneness Theology". I do know that he and many of us try our best to be an Apostolic Influence to others. They do ask questions and we do answer them and some of us are very respected outside the "Oneness" ranks and we do baptize many that have never even HEARD of the UPC.

It amazes me that the group that advertises among themselves as "The Whole Gospel for the Whole World" - really only wants it preached inside their own four walls.

TFT preached about PENTECOST and the Power of the Holy Ghost to over 7000 at Free Chapel on Sunday and many hundreds were filled. I find it amazing that people can disagree with that.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:12 PM
Me and my sister Terri

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaBishop View Post
Hey THAD - Been in Hawaii for 11 days and am glad to be home - we had a GREAT PENTECOST SUNDAY at Church Alive of Atlanta!

We have been Sooooooooooooooooo busy as we are moving our home across town - boxing up - getting everything ready for the big move after 13 years in this house. Plus we are moving CHURCH ALIVE into much larger facilities by July 1 so we are VERY BUSY!

1. Lots of Ex-UPC's at Free Chapel - including several women that their UPC pastor husbands left them and the church for other women.
I have several family members there - including my very Godly - Holiness - Mother in Law and my youngest Son is a member there and works with Pastor Franklin on many of his Illustrated Sermons and travels with him at times.

JF has been highly influenced by Tommy Tenney, TF & Thetus Tenney, Steve & Phil Muncie, T. D. Jakes and many others with Apostolic foundations. All of these continue to believe the Revelation of Jesus Christ and baptism in the Name of Jesus. I know that is not good enough for some - but as far as I can see - nothing is ever good enough and you can never do enough to be saved anyway in the "Oneness" movement.

I do not believe TFT has tried to indoctrinate JF or Jim Cymbyla or any other pastor he ministers for in "Oneness Theology". I do know that he and many of us try our best to be an Apostolic Influence to others. They do ask questions and we do answer them and some of us are very respected outside the "Oneness" ranks and we do baptize many that have never even HEARD of the UPC.

It amazes me that the group that advertises among themselves as "The Whole Gospel for the Whole World" - really only wants it preached inside their own four walls.

TFT preached about PENTECOST and the Power of the Holy Ghost to over 7000 at Free Chapel on Sunday and many hundreds were filled. I find it amazing that people can disagree with that.
me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2007, 01:19 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Quote:
Great post BUUUUUT, I take a little exception...it should read, "SOME of the group" cuz' I know maaany who are reaching, Praise God!
Old 05-28-2007, 01:23 PM
God's Son

Unfortunately they are in the minority. Even then their attempts to maximize thier efforts have been hampered by organizational legislation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
Great post BUUUUUT, I take a little exception...it should read, "SOME of the group" cuz' I know maaany who are reaching, Praise God!

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Old 05-28-2007, 01:31 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv1a View Post
Unfortunately they are in the minority. Even then their attempts to maximize thier efforts have been hampered by organizational legislation.
I hear ya...we revamped our Sunday School and heard some rumblings about it...we didn't pay dem no attention and have seen our SS at least double. http://www.kidsplaceonline.ca/

BTW, the rumblings didn't come from any cheeses in our district and my Pastor has full support of the Bishop in Hazelwood. The Bishop is coming to preach next week!!!! woohoo!
Old 05-28-2007, 01:21 PM
God's Son

I think their motto should be "Yeah But"....
It is not enough TF Tenney preached about salvation, but did be preach ONE GOD?

On another thread I mention of the holiness and separation message preached b Ty Tribbett. I ran down the list of things I remember he covered. One vision defficient person followed my post with the question, did he preach about painting of the face like Jezebel?

The yeah but mentality is another tool of doubt the devil uses to trivialize what God is doing. The more I read, the more I observe, the more I understand why people leave the yeah but organization and fly into their God Given Destiny...

Quote:

Old 05-28-2007, 04:16 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:

I'm going to stop by if/when I ever get back to Atlanta count on it.

okay, I hear ya, but my curiousity is still peeked about JFs take on the ONeness/Trinity debate. I know that he came up in the PCOG i read about his background someplace and they are die Hard anti Oneness. in fact, i remember a few Years PCOG was scheduled to have Jakes UNTIL it was discovered that he was oneness afterwhich he was immediatley cancelled.
The old gaurd Trins can still be like that believe it or not because they are like that here in my community.
So, you don't think that Tenney hopes to change JF from being a trinitarian at all??? MAN, i sure would like to pick their brains!

BTW, Gainsville is a very small town isn't it? about an hour from Atlanta?