Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2020, 11:42 AM
Banned

Thyroid Cancer

A month ago today my wife and myself were involved in a terrible car accident (17 year old kid ran a stop sign going about 50-60 mph and right into the side of my wife's car I was driving on a four lane city street). We were spun around a bunch of times and then flipped upside down. Thankfully cracked ribs for my wife and a lot of soft tissue back and neck injuries for me were the result. A lot of long term pain (I saw him about to hit us full speed about a second or two before it happened so every muscle and tendon in my back and neck locked up). I have been in intense physical therapy three times a week to help my back pain and limited neck motion.

When we arrived at the hospital at first they thought I had a torn aorta so did chest x rays then a CT scan. Thank the Lord that was not the case. However two days later when visiting my GP for a treatment plan and follow up I discovered the CT scan had discovered a nodule on my right thyroid lobe. The next day I had an ultrasound that showed a very large (35mm) "suspicious" nodule. I was scheduled to have a biopsy and last Wednesday I was given the news that I have malignant thyroid cancer.

I am having surgery next Thursday, 9/17/20, to have entire thyroid and some lymph nodes removed (being malignant it has spread to my lymph nodes).

The good news is that the cancer I have is the second most survivable. About six weeks after surgery I will have one radiation treatment but no chemo thankfully. I have a 90%+ chance of survival.

There are some unpleasant consequences and side affects from the cancer and this surgery plus some immediate risk to my vocal chords during the surgery (it is very easy to accidentally paralyze them).

I appreciate your thoughts and prayers!

{username}- Click Here to read more of this post within The Prayer Closet
Old 09-09-2020, 12:08 PM
Registered Member

Re: Thyroid Cancer

Praying for you and your dear wife...
Closed Thread