Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post
I have never understood why some consider an accusation toward the asker of the question as sufficient to have answered the question.

A basic "well you're not perfect either" statement just doesn't seem to answer anything.

That has just always been beyond my capacity to understand.
Well when the asker doesn't say "why don't WE keep the laws" but makes it a "why don't YOU keep the law" sort of question it sets those sort of counter questions up for the asking :-)
Old 02-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Ronzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
We are not under the law and we are not Jewish

Reading and studying the law will give us insight and wisdom though... and learning the ways of the biblical Hebrew culture will also give us wisdom and insight... but I agree with what you said. We're not Jewish and we're not required to keep the whole Law (all 613 commandments).

However... the crux of the law, Love God with all you are, and love your neighbor as yourself are written on our hearts.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
So we should keep those laws then?
No. Please see my posts as to WHY this edict was made and what it was for
Old 02-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzo View Post
Reading and studying the law will give us insight and wisdom though... and learning the ways of the biblical Hebrew culture will also give us wisdom ans insight... but I agree with what you said. We're not Jewish and we're not required to keep the whole Law (all 619 commandments).

However... the crux of the law, Love God with all you are, and love your neighbor as yourself are written on our hearts.
Exactly and if I were eating with a jewish brother I would ask them before hand if me eating pork would offend them.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:50 PM
Ronzo

Like I said... I love bacon... but I've been reading about pork lately and the info ain't too good...

Not to mention that pigs, regardless of what 'good food' farmers feed them, will eat ANYTHING... and I mean anything...

But if I were to cut pork out of my diet, it would be due to a personal choice for health reasons.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:52 PM
Ronzo

Quote:
I have never understood why some consider an accusation toward the asker of the question as sufficient to have answered the question.

A basic "well you're not perfect either" statement just doesn't seem to answer anything.

That has just always been beyond my capacity to understand.
Bro... you've been in this thing long enough to know WE'RE mostly a defensive lot.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:53 PM
hammondb3klingon1

That is the reason I went kosher is the health reasons but I also could not find in the bible where said "Ok you can now eat oysters". Not making it heaven or hell, actually, I am more curious with other's take on it.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:54 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzo View Post
Like I said... I love bacon... but I've been reading about pork lately and the info ain't too good...

Not to mention that pigs, regardless of what 'good food' farmers feed them, will eat ANYTHING... and I mean anything...

But if I were to cut pork out of my diet, it would be due to a personal choice for health reasons.
I rarely eat pork. The only time I do is if I eat a hot dog (made with pork, chicken and beef or some other combo)..Italian sausage in my spagetti or I get an italian sandwich

I even buy beef breakfast sausage, but all that stuff is bad anyways because of the sodium nitrites. It's almost impossible to avoid sodium nitrites as they are in all preserved meats to some degree...sandwich, sausages etc etc...

I have found that Oscar Meyer makes some that is all natural though without that, but it's more expensive and you don't see it often in the stores
Old 02-27-2007, 05:55 PM
Ronzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondb3klingon1 View Post
That is the reason I went kosher is the health reasons but I also could not find in the bible where said "Ok you can now eat oysters". Not making it heaven or hell, actually, I am more curious with other's take on it.

I'm not a big shellfish eater.... although I love me some fried clams, and Linguine with Clam Sauce? Fuggheddabowdit!

But.. oysters, scallops, lobster, crab, etc... I could go my whole life and never eat another bite of any of them... and be blissfully happy.

Hey, Rabbit is also forbidden in the dietary commands.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:57 PM
hammondb3klingon1

rabbit was easy for me to give up Shrimp on the other hand was TOUGH!!