Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-30-2010, 09:45 PM
Saved by Grace

Healthcare- Any Truth to This???

I received this email today:

***** couldn't sleep last night, so he got on Facebook and somehow found this story about the health care plan requiring chips be planted into everybody.

http://goldfuture.wordpress.com/2010...ericans-31810/

Okay, I admit, I haven't even clicked the link yet. But has anyone heard of this. I would think if there was something to it we would have heard by now.

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill

Last edited by Jason B; 03-30-2010 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:54 PM
Registered Member

Re: Healthcare- Any Truth to This???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Badejo View Post

***** couldn't sleep last night, so he got on Facebook and somehow found this story about the health care plan requiring chips be planted into everybody.

Okay, I admit, I haven't even clicked the link yet. But has anyone heard of this. I would think if there was something to it we would have heard by now.
I believe sis alavear brought this up a few months back. Or at least she was discussing in a thread that it got brought up in. The claim isn't true. What they are doing is making a registry for medical devices... not for people.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:58 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Badejo View Post

not currently a requirement but would greatly facilitate the records database
Old 03-31-2010, 09:34 AM
Solid 3 Stepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
not currently a requirement but would greatly facilitate the records database

Watch out storm troopers with big bad guns and black Helicopters are coming after you.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:40 AM
My Family!

From the link:

"This new law – when fully implemented – provides the framework for making the United States the first nation in the world to require each and every one of its citizens to have implanted in them a radio-frequency identification (RFID) microchip for the purpose of controlling who is, or isn’t, allowed medical care in their country."
Old 03-31-2010, 09:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
From the link:

"This new law – when fully implemented – provides the framework for making the United States the first nation in the world to require each and every one of its citizens to have implanted in them a radio-frequency identification (RFID) microchip for the purpose of controlling who is, or isn’t, allowed medical care in their country."
Here's what the law actually says...

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/105079 (the paragraph you quoted is also on this much easier to read website which actually quotes the law in question and hopes that people are too illiterate to understand what its saying or maybe the best explanation is that the person who wrote the article was too illiterate to understand what that law is saying.)
Quote:
US Health Care Bill (PDF) in a “non-discussed” section titled: Subtitle C-11 Sec. 2521— National Medical Device Registry, and which states its purpose as:

“The Secretary shall establish a national medical device registry (in this subsection referred to as the ‘registry’) to facilitate analysis of postmarket safety and outcomes data on each device that—‘‘(A) is or has been used in or on a patient; and ‘‘(B) is a class III device; or ‘‘(ii) a class II device that is implantable.”
From wikipedia:
Quote:
Class II devices are those for which general controls alone are insufficient to assure safety and effectiveness, and additional existing methods are available to provide such assurances. Therefore, Class II devices are also subject to special controls in addition to the general controls of Class I devices. Special controls may include special labeling requirements, mandatory performance standards, and postmarket surveillance.[2] Devices in Class II are held to a higher level of assurance than Class I devices that they will perform as indicated and will not cause injury or harm to patient or user. Devices in this class are typically non-invasive and include x-ray machines, PACS, powered wheelchairs, infusion pumps, surgical drapes, surgical needles and suture material,acupuncture needles.
Quote:
A Class III device is one for which insufficient information exists to assure safety and effectiveness solely through the general or special controls sufficient for Class I or Class II devices. Such a device needs premarket approval, a scientific review to ensure the device's safety and effectiveness, in addition to the general controls of Class I. Class III devices are described as those for which "insufficient information exists to determine that general controls are sufficient to provide reasonable assurance of its safety and effectiveness or that application of special controls ... would provide such assurance and if, in addition, the device is life-supporting or life-sustaining, or for a use which is of substantial importance in preventing impairment of human health, or if the device presents a potential unreasonable risk of illness or injury."[3]

Examples of Class III devices which require a premarket approval include replacement heart valves, silicone gel-filled breast implants, implanted cerebral stimulators, implantable pacemaker pulse generators and endosseous (intra-bone) implants (with the exception of root-form endosseous dental implants which were recently reclassified as Class II).
The analysis given in that paragraph you quoted is wrong. There is nothing in that bill about RFID chips... nor is there anything about an RFID chip what would make them ever want to insert it in your forehead. RFID is not the mark of the beast. Even if it was, this law is not about RFID chips. This law is about Class 2 and Class 3 medical devices.

Last edited by jfrog; 03-31-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:05 AM
My Family!

Oh, I agree - just posted what that link was saying.

The link (within the link) that has to do with the chip is dated from 2004. It's just addressing manufacturers that want to make and distribute chips can do so with a 501(k) clearance if they go by the guidlines set forth in the FDA. If not, then they will be considered a Class II device and will require a 501(k).

And what always is so funny to me is we view things that happen in the US as being about the whole world.

The Bible isn't talking just about the U.S.

Last edited by rgcraig; 03-31-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:13 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Oh, I agree - just posted what that link was saying.

The link (within the link) that has to do with the chip is dated from 2004. It's just addressing manufacturers that want to make and distribute chips can do so with a 501(k) clearance if they go by the guidlines set forth in the FDA. If not, then they will be considered a Class II device and will require a 501(k).

And what always is so funny to me is we view things that happen in the US as being about the whole world.

The Bible isn't talking just about the U.S.
ya mean theres other countries that matter????? you must be outa your mind jkjk
Old 03-31-2010, 10:17 AM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
ya mean theres other countries that matter????? you must be outa your mind jkjk
LOL - - you know what I mean. I guess we tend to view everything through our small sphere we live in.