Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-11-2014, 05:49 PM
Registered Member

Re: Who was Harry Morse ?

Mentioned on page 34 http://issuu.com/pentecostalherald/d...ald_13_for_web
Old 06-11-2014, 05:52 PM
Registered Member

brief mention http://www.stanleyscism.com/history.htm
Old 06-11-2014, 05:56 PM
Registered Member

another brief mention http://arthodges3.com/author/ahodges3/
Old 06-11-2014, 05:59 PM
Registered Member

better link- pg. 2 is an old article he wrote http://www.1stapostolic.org/PDF/Pent...rald194702.pdf
Old 06-11-2014, 06:07 PM
Registered Member

Bernard writes this-

Harry F. B. Morse, a Oneness Pentecostal pioneer, the founder of an influential missionary training institute in Oakland, California, a foreign missions director for the PCI, and a UPCI minister. He believed in keeping Saturday as the Sabbath. Many influential pastors and missionaries, such as David Gray and Ellis Scism, were trained under him.

http://www.epubbud.com/read.php?g=6L3ZGNLE&p=1&two=1
Old 06-12-2014, 07:03 AM
Registered Member

Hopefully, I can gather enough for a boigraphical article about him. He had a article or 2 published in the Pentecostal Herald. I want to listen to the Urshan tape, somehow.

There might be a few still alive who can add some flavor to the article.

I still have some work to do.

I wonder what influences he had via C J Haney, on Christian Life College ??
Old 06-12-2014, 07:33 AM
Registered Member

Scott: Shirley Garner [ Haney ] Daryl Rash and Jack Renison may have more information about Harry Morse. I can get you their addresses if you need them.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:32 AM
Registered Member

Very interesting. In reading his article it seems be believed the new birth message. That is refreshing to hear.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:33 AM
Registered Member

Those addresses would be helpful. Thanks !!

Reverend Rash was one of my teachers in college. He has had a profound positive impact on my life.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:06 AM
Registered Member

To my excellent Theophilus,

Greetings in Juesu' name. Pardon my familiarity, but it sounds so Scriptural and nice. You are the first man I have ever heard of bearing that name. Well, I assure you that I am glad to hear from you on the present truth you mentioned. Yes, your two letters reached me OK. I have been here long enough ( something nearly 1 and a half years) that I am quite well known here. I am somewhat amused to know of none there knowing my present address. I fear it is because of knowing my present stand, and evidently not caring to oblige any one. There is a reproach attached to this as in all advanced truths. Yes, God definitely dealt with me on this Sabbath subject about a year ago, and I was some months getting the full consent of my mind that it was God's eternal truth, and so about April, of 1916, I publicly took my stand for it and placed it among the cardinal truths of apostolic truths and have ever since have ever boldly stood for it in wisdom and love.

It made quite a stir at first, being such a new adventure in Pentecostal circles on the coast; but God has given me wisdom in the few previous months of my considering of of the subject to lay a foundation as to the place of the commandments in the New Testament: and when I got the Sabbath settled in my own mind it was not difficult to show the saints who have followed me in Bible teaching how that the Sabbath was one of those commandments; and to my surprise when I took my stand the larger majority of my assembly either came on with me or stood neutral and friendly with me in it; and then they gradually fell in with me, and with them came also quite a few of our ministers. So now we have a new order of Pentecostal mission work. I am very charitable toward those who as yet don't see it. By taking this wise attitude we are holding them, and and they are gradually getting the truth. We are quite a good sized assembly here, running on wide-awake mission lines. Souls are coming through to God. Sunday night two received the Holy Ghost baptism. Three were baptized in water in Jesus' name. We have nice open-air meetings every night, and when the opposers to legalism come around they have to admit that our stand for the whole law of God has not taken away either our old-time fevor and anointing in the Spirit; and the Spirit of the Lord is giving liberty. Your letter sounds solid on the subject. Your way of expressing yourself on the subject sounds natural.

I will truly enjoy being kept in touch with the Sabbath truth through you and your ministry. I will give you the address of a few more centers where the Sabbath truth is getting a hold...

I like your style of literature. I see your line is more on the lines I am led out on.

Christian love to you in Jesus' name,

Pastor Harry Morse

The Sabbath Recorder
Jan. 8, 1917