Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-13-2018, 07:31 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Hank Hanergraaff joins a cult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
There is nothing sadder to me than to sense the Spirit of the Lord trying to break through at a Baptist church and the pastor or leader not knowing what to do. They know God wants to do something, but they do not know how to relinquish control.
Teach them
Old 02-13-2018, 07:54 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
There is nothing sadder to me than to sense the Spirit of the Lord trying to break through at a Baptist church and the pastor or leader not knowing what to do. They know God wants to do something, but they do not know how to relinquish control.
Please explain relinquish control. I had a pastor who stated that he can start and stop a move of God, in reference to an altar call. I find it quite arrogant and more.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
There's always the "Free Will Baptists" who are basically AoG-Lite.
I used to attend the Freewill Baptist Church in 1975. Our particular Church was Pastored by an exceptional man among their group. This is a true story. My cousin and I had been deep into drugs in this city. We had come to Jesus and were attending this Church.

On Mothers Day of that year a guy came into the meeting that we knew. He was one of the drug dealers in the area and my cousin knew him well. The Pastor walked right up and preached him into Hell. He got up and went to the altar to repent. My cousin and I got down to pray with him and he was shocked when he saw who it was praying with him!

Now heres the powerful part. Afterwards "Charlie" told us why he had come to Church that morning. The week leading up to this the Pastor had been visiting someone in Charlies neighborhood. At the same time Charlies son had fell off a second story roof and he told us his son was dead.

Now the Pastor being in the neighborhood saw the commotion and came to the scene. Charlie told us the Pastor prayed for his son and he came back to life! After thanking the Pastor for praying he invited him to come to Church which was why he had showed up there that morning.

I was in that Church for a season and the Pastor was not the typical Freewill Baptist in that he was a hard hell fire preacher who was not afraid to pray for the sick. Nonetheless he did not believe in speaking in tongues.

I would say they were not AOG like in the doctrine but at least the one I attended was exciting for a Baptist group.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:45 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
They say what they want, but they reject the very thing they claim to want, when it shows up. Yes, I and my family have been the subject matter of the preaching at a Baptist church we visited with relatives many years ago. They sang and the song leader tried to encourage folks to worship. So we worshipped. Then the pastor had to preach about how "some pentecostal types want you to think if you don't speak in tongues you ain't saved, but I'm here to tell ya..."

They complain at the congregation for being drier than dust but as soon as someone starts getting ahold of God the leadership sees EXACTLY where that's going and shuts it down.

Not all Baptist churches are like that, but most I've seen are.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-13-2018, 08:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Teach them
I have pondered the thought that maybe God has me there for that reason.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:33 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I have pondered the thought that maybe God has me there for that reason.
Bro, if you are a doctor, and people are injured, you already know what you are there for.

the Lord bless you and your family in Jesus name.