Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 12-20-2007, 05:56 PM

Isn't this a re-hash? Wasn't this guy on some show talking about how gay he is?

Blech...
Old 12-20-2007, 06:10 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter View Post
Isn't this a re-hash? Wasn't this guy on some show talking about how gay he is?

Blech...

I never heard of that

There was a thread a few months ago about him joining Jim Baker's son's Pro Gay church but this is a new development as far as i can tell
Old 12-20-2007, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
I never heard of that

There was a thread a few months ago about him joining Jim Baker's son's Pro Gay church but this is a new development as far as i can tell
No, there was some twinky on there saying how GAY he was and then someone included a video clip of a black so called minister interviewing this guy. He was wearing a tan hawian shirt...turned my stomach.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:18 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter View Post
No, there was some twinky on there saying how GAY he was and then someone included a video clip of a black so called minister interviewing this guy. He was wearing a tan hawian shirt...turned my stomach.
OK so i guess my tan Hawiian shirt has to go... I did not know...

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 12-20-2007, 08:50 PM
Sister Alvear

I knew Christian very well...I recieved his blog news but seldom read it...very painful to me ...I weep for his soul and for all those that he hurt. Christian had tremendous abilities and as sharp as a tack in about any subject...sad...so sad...Wonder how could someone get so far out that at one time tried so hard...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 12-20-2007, 09:00 PM
Administrator

I am sad and sick and disgusted about CG's ...choices? (Wow, that seems like too tame a word.) We've known about this for a bit, and then there was the thread awhile back...either way, its nothing to relish or enjoy, it really is just sad for everyone involved (especially his ex-wife and children). As for his myspace page...I've looked at it, but I won't even let my mother see it. It would be too hurtful to her. (Not to mention some graphic pictures)

*sigh*

I only have good memories of time spent with CG, and I kind of wish I hadn't found out about his new lifestyle or seen his myspace.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 12-20-2007, 09:48 PM
A Prince of the Gospel!

Disgusting...
Old 12-20-2007, 09:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherEastman View Post
I really have no comment, as I would probably be dubbed as hateful.
It's never hateful to teach the truth. Sin is sin. This sin is clearly condemned in Scripture.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:05 PM
His word burns in my heart like a fire...Fire Fall Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
It's never hateful to teach the truth. Sin is sin. This sin is clearly condemned in Scripture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Roc View Post
Looks like their unity is in their new god: LOVE & GRACE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevBuddy View Post
Disgusting...
Why is it that we act toward this sin with disgust and not act with disgust with murder or adultery. (I used a vomit smiley earlier to express my feelings). Obviously, we find it repulsive and nasty...

...but does this nasty feeling toward it cause us to treat those who sin in this manner differently? and should we? is this sin any worse than others? though I do admit that this sin is probably harder to overcome than many others.

We definitely should vomit at the fact that it is being presented as something fine and that God's love and grace overlooks this willful lifestyle...now that definitely deserves a

Old 12-20-2007, 10:35 PM
God's Son

It's the same attitude behind why internet is okay, but television isn't. Sin is sin, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Roc View Post
Why is it that we act toward this sin with disgust and not act with disgust with murder or adultery. (I used a vomit smiley earlier to express my feelings). Obviously, we find it repulsive and nasty...

...but does this nasty feeling toward it cause us to treat those who sin in this manner differently? and should we? is this sin any worse than others? though I do admit that this sin is probably harder to overcome than many others.

We definitely should vomit at the fact that it is being presented as something fine and that God's love and grace overlooks this willful lifestyle...now that definitely deserves a

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV