Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Welcome Mat
Facebook

Notices

The Welcome Mat Welcoming New Members! Are you new to AFF? Here's a forum where you can report in and introduce yourself!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 03-21-2018, 06:30 PM
Strict Baptist Strict Baptist is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 100
Re: A Waldensian chimes in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Hinduism has a Trinity like Trinitarianism.

Hence they are a Trinity which they all work together as unified effort. Brahma the creator, Vishnu the sustainer, and Shiv the destroyer.
That is not what the Upanishads or Vedas state. Either admit you are being dishonest or don't know what they say, but I will not argue you either way. The classic definition of the Trinity is three subsistences in one person. The demiurge makes two subject to one who are his manifestations, almost a mirror of Oneness Pentecostalism making Jesus the dimension of Father and Son. Siva and Vishnu are not co-equal or co-eternal or co-creating but slaves to Brhaman. Hence, since as I guessed, you like most Oneness proponents are totally ignorant if not apathetic of how the false divinities of heathendom are and how they function, or of classic trinitarianism. Three persons who are one being equal in essence, identical in power and glory are never two persons who are one plus a third who never somehow appear simultaneously, and not two deities who are subject to the one supreme as manifestations of him.

Good day.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-21-2018, 06:44 PM
TGBTG TGBTG is offline
Jesus is the only Lord God


 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,425
Re: A Waldensian chimes in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strict Baptist View Post
I hate to burst your bubble, friend, but Hinduism actually states its demiurge is markedly similar to Socinian or Sabellian partialism by placing their false Brhama over Siva and Vishnu, thus actually making their so-called triad much akin to the Oneness view, which is not the three-one definition of classic trinitarianism where the three subsistences are the same singular essences, equal in power and glory but not rank (I John 5:6-9). Again, I'm not going to debate with you in this opening thread, but you can see the Cyclopedia of Biblical, Theological & Ecclesiastical Literature for that. Frankly, I would rather begin with a discussion of baptismal regeneration as stated in the debate section.

Much thanks to Esaias for that information. I am a former Trinitarian charismatic (read charis-maniac) so I know how thin and useless that term can be. Despite being altogether backslid at the time, for my oratory they wanted to vaunt me to the zenith of their system, but I declined. How can one occupy the bishopric if they are not qualified? They even compared me to Leonard Ravenhill. The various Oneness orders are not well known there and infrequently discussed since trinitarianism is taken for granted. In all my years therein, I do not recall a full sermon dedicated to McAlister's Oneness doctrines, not to mention the various denominations. They still loathe me to this hour for asking questions, including about we Poor Men of Lyons and our beliefs. The fundamentalists likewise did not enjoy questions despite having read broadly their writings such as Dr Ian Paisley, GC Morgan, RA Torrey, Dr DA Waite, Dr DW Cloud (some of his books just came in the mail), WB Riley, Bishop Ryle, Lester Roloff, RG Lee et al ad infinitum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strict Baptist View Post
Sigh. The wresting of my words did not take long. I am a Baptist whose forefathers were ripped up by Rome for over a millennium for simply existing independently of them and before them. The default ideas of continuationism, namely the synergist soteriology and continuation of the ceased charisms, are readily mapped out in their cacodoxical Catechism. 623 million souls in all denominations participate in the Catholic Charismatic Renewal, which is why the antichrist papacy sees your kind as separated brethren while we are heretics. 170 million are papists in that Renewal; the remainder are in all denominations. Frankly, whatever you believe about accepting Christ and loss of salvation can be quoted near-verbatim out of the papist documents. I have come out of Babylon; the mainline Pentecostals are marching swiftly with reckless abandon into their mother of harlots. In fact, the only real soteriological difference between Oneness and Rome is the Sabellianism. They see you as one of them if you speak in tongues. They see all others as cursed over 100 times in the Trent Council.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strict Baptist View Post
That is not what the Upanishads or Vedas state. Either admit you are being dishonest or don't know what they say, but I will not argue you either way. The classic definition of the Trinity is three subsistences in one person. The demiurge makes two subject to one who are his manifestations, almost a mirror of Oneness Pentecostalism making Jesus the dimension of Father and Son. Siva and Vishnu are not co-equal or co-eternal or co-creating but slaves to Brhaman. Hence, since as I guessed, you like most Oneness proponents are totally ignorant if not apathetic of how the false divinities of heathendom are and how they function, or of classic trinitarianism. Three persons who are one being equal in essence, identical in power and glory are never two persons who are one plus a third who never somehow appear simultaneously, and not two deities who are subject to the one supreme as manifestations of him.

Good day.
I don't post often anymore, but I could not resist to say that you sir, spew a whole lot of ......... Maybe you should ask people that subscribe to the oneness view to explain their beliefs to you...geez
__________________
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)

We have no law but love, no creed but Christ, no book but the Bible: no membership; just fellowship through the Blood of Jesus Christ that cleanses us from all unbelief - W. Branham
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-21-2018, 06:51 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 31,236
Re: A Waldensian chimes in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strict Baptist View Post
Sigh. The wresting of my words did not take long.
Are you kidding me? Read the below.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Strict Baptist View Post
I left Pentecostalism altogether for my roots because in reading the sacred writ I could not find but Romanism staring back at me.
Next time proof read what you post. It sounds like that as you were reading the "sacred writ" which would by definition is the scriptures of the Bible, you could find noting "but" Romanism. Which honestly looks like you are saying you read the Bible and could only find the Roman Catholic Church. Not my fault, hence the reason I asked the question, "You are a Catholic?" Did you happen to notice the question mark? No, because by your current post, you seem as if you were waiting for an offense. But, read carefully, if I joined a Baptist or Catholic forum, and didn't have them posting smack to me, I would think something amiss. Because they are different ends of the poles. You walk in here, and gives us your postings how you are doing research on the bugs called Oneness? You make no bones about it that we are some sort of ecclesiastical freaks show which you are currently bisecting as your hobby? You can't attend a UPC church because of some sort of transportation issue, but you have some sort of secret job. You can't make it to the bus, because you are slow moving and can't get across the highway. So, does that mean you work at home? Do you grow your own food in the bathtub?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Strict Baptist View Post
I am a Baptist whose forefathers were ripped up by Rome for over a millennium for simply existing independently of them and before them. The default ideas of continuationism, namely the synergist soteriology and continuation of the ceased charisms, are readily mapped out in their cacodoxical Catechism. 623 million souls in all denominations participate in the Catholic Charismatic Renewal, which is why the antichrist papacy sees your kind as separated brethren while we are heretics.
Seriously? Sir, the Catholicism you speak of is long dead. She is a Vatican II and she swings with everyone. How old are you?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Strict Baptist View Post
170 million are papists in that Renewal; the remainder are in all denominations. Frankly, whatever you believe about accepting Christ and loss of salvation can be quoted near-verbatim out of the papist documents.
Wow, you know so little about so much. The Roman Catholic Church of Vatican II accepts everything. Even baptists, like Billy Graham who loved Pope John Paul II.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strict Baptist View Post
I have come out of Babylon;
Prove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strict Baptist View Post
the mainline Pentecostals are marching swiftly with reckless abandon into their mother of harlots. In fact, the only real soteriological difference between Oneness and Rome is the Sabellianism. They see you as one of them if you speak in tongues. They see all others as cursed over 100 times in the Trent Council.
Since 1958 the Rome you claim you know no longer exists.

http://sedevacantist.com/ join this forum, and make sure you use the same nick you are using here.
__________________
ALL pastors are hindrances and one should never have a pastor they will only abuse you and you will get hurt. Instead get your instructions from forum gurus that have never built a church.~Steve Epley.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-21-2018, 06:58 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 31,236
Re: A Waldensian chimes in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strict Baptist View Post
That is not what the Upanishads or Vedas state. Either admit you are being dishonest or don't know what they say, but I will not argue you either way. The classic definition of the Trinity is three subsistences in one person. The demiurge makes two subject to one who are his manifestations, almost a mirror of Oneness Pentecostalism making Jesus the dimension of Father and Son. Siva and Vishnu are not co-equal or co-eternal or co-creating but slaves to Brhaman. Hence, since as I guessed, you like most Oneness proponents are totally ignorant if not apathetic of how the false divinities of heathendom are and how they function, or of classic trinitarianism. Three persons who are one being equal in essence, identical in power and glory are never two persons who are one plus a third who never somehow appear simultaneously, and not two deities who are subject to the one supreme as manifestations of him.

Good day.
Who are you kidding, the Trinity are three SEPARATE PERSONS or gods. Like the way you Trinitarians constantly claim your forefathers yet trash what your forefathers used to describe their three headed god. Persons, Vishnu a person, as the sustainer, Brahma, a person, as the creator, Shiv, a person as the destroyer. Vishnu takes avatars like Sri Ram, and Krishna. Shiv as Hanuman. Brahma angers Krishna because he didn't know that Vishnu had taken the form of the young boy as his avatar. Therefore Brahma asks Vishnu in Krishna for forgiveness. The same in essence? Trinitarian you don't believe in One God, you believe in three.
__________________
ALL pastors are hindrances and one should never have a pastor they will only abuse you and you will get hurt. Instead get your instructions from forum gurus that have never built a church.~Steve Epley.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-21-2018, 08:26 PM
Praxeas's Avatar
Praxeas Praxeas is offline
Go Dodgers!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 45,621
Re: A Waldensian chimes in

Oneness does not deny hypostasis. It denies 3 distinct hypostasis'
__________________
Let it be understood that Apostolic Friends Forum is an Apostolic Forum.
Apostolic is defined on AFF as:


  1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-21-2018, 08:34 PM
Praxeas's Avatar
Praxeas Praxeas is offline
Go Dodgers!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 45,621
Re: A Waldensian chimes in

My Roman Catholic Land lord thinks we are all lost heretics
__________________
Let it be understood that Apostolic Friends Forum is an Apostolic Forum.
Apostolic is defined on AFF as:


  1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-21-2018, 09:21 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 31,236
Re: A Waldensian chimes in

My Sedevacantist relatives think your Roman Catholic landlord is a compromiser.
__________________
ALL pastors are hindrances and one should never have a pastor they will only abuse you and you will get hurt. Instead get your instructions from forum gurus that have never built a church.~Steve Epley.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-22-2018, 12:32 AM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Happily "off the chain"


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 19,433
Re: A Waldensian chimes in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
My Sedevacantist relatives think your Roman Catholic landlord is a compromiser.
lol

Hey, just out of curiosity, how do they claim valid sacraments? I know the RCC teaches a sacrament can be valid even though it may be irregular, but if one believes the Papal chair is in fact vacant, then wouldn't that mean all ordinations since the vacancy are not only irregular but wholly invalid?

Also, which camp are they in? that is, who they believe was the last valid pope? I have heard there are several competing groups arguing about when the vacancy occurred, and they tend to view the other camps as excommunicate or schismatic?

(Isn't religion fun? Almost as fun as the Theravadists and the Mahayanists going at each other lol)
__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!

Instead of google, use www.yandex.com


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-22-2018, 07:44 AM
Strict Baptist Strict Baptist is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 100
Re: A Waldensian chimes in

I suppose this has been the most lively and frankly interesting if not somewhat polemic greeting on any message board I have got. Nevertheless, I do not see any reason to engage in any debates off of Strict & Particular Baptist Radio, my YouTube channel; I don't debate in text because it is often edited unfairly by the opponent and highly tedious in addition to annoying since my archive is on another device. If there are those of you who wish to discuss or debate, you may message me or email. I already posted a thread for a baptismal regeneration debate with thus far no takers, lamentably. Perhaps the Campellites would take that debate; Rome's wicked priests do not debate. This is a foundational teaching (Hebrews 6).

Nevertheless, the administration's graciousness is appreciated.
__________________
Psalm 60-3, 100.4-5, 115.1-3, 130.4-5, 146 Authorized & Darby Versions. Host, Strict & Particular Baptist Radio

See the 1689 Second London Baptist Confession, 1693 (Keach's) Catechism as well as Gadsby's Catechism for the summation of my doctrinal beliefs; I do not maintain filiation and spiration. I emphatically hold to all Five Solas also the Scriptural Law of Worship.

Gmchristianbooks.com

Last edited by Strict Baptist; 03-22-2018 at 08:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-22-2018, 07:58 AM
Strict Baptist Strict Baptist is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 100
Re: A Waldensian chimes in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
My Roman Catholic Land lord thinks we are all lost heretics
Have a read of the Trent Council and you will see why. There is an election of grace; all who belong to the Lord per the Daniel chapter seven transaction described in the gospels between the Ancient of Days and the Faithful and True later described in the tenth chapter also in Apocalypse chapters one and 19 will come to him. They who the Father gave the Son will never be cast out (John 6) because of Unconditional Election. Consequently, while no modalist could join the Old School Baptists via sinking save he renounce it, we do believe all are under sin, and some are merely awaiting vivification from that death. Glory be to God nine years ago he awoke me, translating me by his dear Son from darkness to light (Colossians 1-2). Dr Tobias Crisp wrote a most delicious work from that passage highly recommend.

You are not a trinitarian Pentecostal, Praxeus, so you fall into their list of schismatics rather than separated brethren. Since the church patriarchs so-called excommunicated Praxeus, Nœtus as well as Sabellius, they have a special anathema for you. The average papist knows so little of his own religion of antichrist he is wholly ignorant of this, but not all are. Rome corrupts the mind so well; it was, after all, Loyola who invented the schismatic Spiritual Exercises and consequently Project Monarch mind control...

Nonetheless, this has been a most invigorating welcome!
__________________
Psalm 60-3, 100.4-5, 115.1-3, 130.4-5, 146 Authorized & Darby Versions. Host, Strict & Particular Baptist Radio

See the 1689 Second London Baptist Confession, 1693 (Keach's) Catechism as well as Gadsby's Catechism for the summation of my doctrinal beliefs; I do not maintain filiation and spiration. I emphatically hold to all Five Solas also the Scriptural Law of Worship.

Gmchristianbooks.com

Last edited by Strict Baptist; 03-22-2018 at 08:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JR Ensey Chimes in on Hair Laying: Dec. 2010 DAII The D.A.'s Office 60 12-20-2010 08:39 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.