Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-11-2018, 12:35 AM
Registered Member

Re: A Man Walked Into A So-Called "Apostolic" Chur

How in the world did I miss such a fun thread?
Old 06-11-2018, 01:32 AM
The herring is red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJJ View Post
How in the world did I miss such a fun thread?
They let you use internet in the assisted living facility?

“You are not original; I have run into your kind of folks a lot, and you aren't even the smoothest I have encountered.” Coonskinner

Old 06-11-2018, 04:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
They let you use internet in the assisted living facility?
Assisted living?
ALL pastors are hindrances and one should never have a pastor they will only abuse you and you will get hurt. Instead get your instructions from forum gurus that have never built a church.~Steve Epley.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:12 AM
Loving God & His People

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post
A man walked into a so-called, charismatic fake Apostolic church and heard a sermon that made him feel guilty. He accepted Jesus that day and the church signed him up to get baptized... two months out from the day he accepted Jesus... because that is what fake, charismatic Apostolics do...

A couple months later he shows up to the church. They put him under water a dry devil and he came up a wet devil, holding a purple worship battle streamer in hand.

Now he's happy and he never fails to wave his purple worship battle streamer during the service because it reminds him of the day he made public his private statement of faith in his personal relationship with Jesus.

The end.
I have not posted this in a while, but when I saw this, I had to log back in and say...

WHAT IN TARNASHUN?!

Everyone knows of my own battles and struggles, but this is ridiculous! I mean, come on. Not saved because they do not line up with your religious spirit idea of Christianity? So, my friend, how is his life now, this man you're railing against?

Is he showing the fruit of the Spirit? How about these verses?

I, therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, exhort you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling with which you were called. With all humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another in love, be eager to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, even as you were called in one hope of your calling, one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. (Modern English Version) Ephesians 4:1-6

Going under a 'dry devil' and coming up a 'wet devil'?! Stuff like that has destroyed believers who demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit, who are maturing. I've seen it. Shucks, I've dealt it and repented of it in my own life! You want to keep calling people devils, go ahead. But, I've learned that when you sow those kinds of fruit, the harvest is NEVER ripe good fruit.

OK, just my 2cents worth. Have a good day.

ChainBreakers Ministries

Restored, Renewed, Revived to Break Chains in Jesus name!
Old 06-11-2018, 07:42 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnTraditional View Post

OK, just my 2cents worth. Have a good day.

Sorry.
PayPal only.

Old 06-11-2018, 08:41 AM
Registered Member

For the record it's tarnation, it was a nice gentile way of saying damnation.

Anyway, going under a 'dry devil' and coming up a 'wet devil'! Stuff like that has destroyed believers who demonstrate the fruit of the Spirit?? You know, that's gotta stop. I mean it is a virtual labyrinth of religious remarks good or bad, that you would have to apologize for. Hello! Hello! This is RELIGION! People get offended in Religion because of religious people, zealots, neophytes, posers, all out phonies. Hence the reason for one to reach the price they run the race.

You see William, not everyone in the ancient past has had the luxury you and I have. They didn't have places where religious freedom ruled and reigned. If they changed their views, if they flipped and flopped on what they once believed, they would of been deader their fried chicken.

I mainly blame this country where effeminacy and testosterone crashing is the rule of the day. My lands, toughen up people, everyone is struggling with a lot greater issues than someone telling them a dry devils coming up wet devils. People who need Jesus Christ don't even give a care about that stuff.

They don't change ideologies and religious affiliations like dirty underwear. They ride it out, with Bible, prayer, fasting, solid commitment. They don't need to be rocked to sleep, and tucked in by the pastor.

Someone posted about a pastor throwing song books at people? Why don't I read about the congregations that throw songs books at the pastor? It swings both ways, why? Because it is religion. The biggest oxymoron I have ever heard is the word LEGALISM as a bad word in RELIGION!

ATTENZIONE PREGO: Listen religions even super liberal ones have to be legalists. Because they're religions! They all have rules. They all have some sort of stop to go, red and green lights, what to say, what not to say. But guess what, this isn't the first century, where just 13 guys walking around the Galilee were the only group to be with.

As you know so very well Mr Price, You live in a world where you can change what you believe every day. Find ears and fellowship everyday. Flip flop everyday on what you think, how you think, double minded to the hilt, and you will find a forum, church, synagogue masjid, temple chat room, website, that will welcome you with open arms on the daily.

Janes take their doilies and goes wee wee wee all the way home? Johnny takes his bat and ball and runs home? Because someone makes the stupid religious statement? Wisdom is wonderful, and tact is necessary, but I learned long long ago that the religious eat their young, and torture their wounded. Once you discover that key, the rest is cake.

We have to go to work everyday, killing it in construction. With foremans, GCs, and owners who are foul, nasty, and all out rude. Not all of them, but there are those who are. But guess what? There is a paycheck, at the end of the week. So we work through the burning hot of the Florida sun, even hotter down in the Keys. Ignoring all the stupid ignorant garbage piled on our backs. We ignore it because they are wrong. We ignore it because we aren't going to let them slow us down to reach payday. I do my work, I do it right, and let the stupid stuff roll off my back because I know Jesus is the way the truth and the life. I have no time to roll up in the fetal position sucking my thumb under the pew. Because Sister Foofoonick wanted to drag my wife down to the altar, or corner my daughters in a locked bathroom to tell them how she was forced to wear clothes like their's. Or being told that God will kill your new born infant because of what eschatology you believe? Stop! Get back to work! Do the heavy lifting. Come on, life is way to short to jump up and down like a crying 4 year old boy who needs to find a rest room. Over what someone says in religion. Go to church, go temple, go to synagogue, go cult compound, go sit under the Bodhi tree naked in ashes, just don't complain to the rest of the group who are working for their paycheck.

Were aren't Hindus, Muslims, or Branch Davidians, cutting ourselves, sitting on a dung heap, or barricading ourselves in a burning building.

We have the Apostolic truth, filled with the Holy Ghost. Following the Holy Ghost as it leads us to a brighter day. So, why would we sweat anything someone is saying, or something we don't believe, or don't see in the scripture? Went down a dry devil, came up a wet devil? Maybe it's true? Maybe I would need to consider why that is being told to me? I don't have to believe it, I don't have to receive it, I don't even have to consider it. But I lose out if I quit the job. I lose, just me. No one else but me.

Quote:
who are maturing. I've seen it. Shucks, I've dealt it and repented of it in my own life! You want to keep calling people devils, go ahead. But, I've learned that when you sow those kinds of fruit, the harvest is NEVER ripe good fruit.
William I understand what you are saying in the above. God love you, God help you. William you been on the Ecclesiastical Magical Mystery Tour since I first was made aware of you. Whatever you are into now, I don't know. I hope you move forward, I hope Jesus helps you to the best of your current ability.

Age is a great helper to us all, and I hope you continue to get older.
ALL pastors are hindrances and one should never have a pastor they will only abuse you and you will get hurt. Instead get your instructions from forum gurus that have never built a church.~Steve Epley.