Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-11-2018, 09:54 AM
of 8!! :)

Re: Today I drove 2 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
I sat on the back row on the left side of the sanctuary. The pastor made eye contact. Suddenly he began screaming. I KNEW it was directed toward me. I could see the veins in his neck pulsating as his face turned tomato red.

I was too exhausted to leave. So, I stayed the whole service thinking, why didn't I buy a red bull.

Sunday school was over. The lights were turned off as it was now time for prayer. I could hear a woman to my right pray, "Gawd, save that Mexican sinner with the beard." I thought to myself, "Did I hear that correctly?" Apparently I did, as she repeated it 3 or 4 more times.

I stood through song service. They sang "I'm A Pentecostal." At this point I wanted to leave. They sang it loud. They sang it proud. Women began to let their hair down. Two of them began to swing it in my direction.

Next, the evangelist preached. He pulled a text about pride. He went on for 37 minutes about guys with facial hair being full of pride and the devil.

After that, an older Pentecostal woman grabbed me by the ear and said, "sinner boy, you are coming with me to that there altar. I can tell you need a good prayin through."

At this point I was afraid. I went to the altar and then I was surrounded by people putting their hands on me. Shoving me in all directions. When they felt we prayed enough they stopped and I ran outta that place.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:19 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
I sat on the back row on the left side of the sanctuary. The pastor made eye contact. Suddenly he began screaming. I KNEW it was directed toward me. I could see the veins in his neck pulsating as his face turned tomato red.

I was too exhausted to leave. So, I stayed the whole service thinking, why didn't I buy a red bull.

Sunday school was over. The lights were turned off as it was now time for prayer. I could hear a woman to my right pray, "Gawd, save that Mexican sinner with the beard." I thought to myself, "Did I hear that correctly?" Apparently I did, as she repeated it 3 or 4 more times.

I stood through song service. They sang "I'm A Pentecostal." At this point I wanted to leave. They sang it loud. They sang it proud. Women began to let their hair down. Two of them began to swing it in my direction.

Next, the evangelist preached. He pulled a text about pride. He went on for 37 minutes about guys with facial hair being full of pride and the devil.

After that, an older Pentecostal woman grabbed me by the ear and said, "sinner boy, you are coming with me to that there altar. I can tell you need a good prayin through."

At this point I was afraid. I went to the altar and then I was surrounded by people putting their hands on me. Shoving me in all directions. When they felt we prayed enough they stopped and I ran outta that place.
Did you say, Gloria a dios or Gloria adios?
Old 06-11-2018, 10:28 AM
The herring is red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
What a hoot! I guess posting all those videos paid off.

Brother Huston this made my day with everything I'm going through rightnow, this made my day. Cool you two got together.
Praying for you.

“You are not original; I have run into your kind of folks a lot, and you aren't even the smoothest I have encountered.” Coonskinner

Old 06-11-2018, 10:30 AM
The herring is red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Did you say, Gloria a dios or Gloria adios?
Lol

“You are not original; I have run into your kind of folks a lot, and you aren't even the smoothest I have encountered.” Coonskinner

Old 06-11-2018, 10:55 AM
The herring is red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
Houston - to hear you went to church and connected with someone from here, is great!
We all need a church family!
Yeah. Chosen is a cool dude. I was afraid to be Houston around him. Not everyone can receive me.