Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-08-2018, 02:12 PM
Banned

Re: Interpreting tongues

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkeley View Post

I have been edified in two ways that I recall if my recollection is recalled correctly.

1) I know and feel that I have received victory over a battle , authorative sounding and somewhat loud glossolalia, sometimes accompanied by contractions in my innermost being. My voice at these moments is deep and strong. It is my real voice that I rarely use. As I speak from my throat most of the time.

AND

2) Only what I can describe as rivers of living water flowing out of my belly. Overwhelmed with peace and joy.
Amen! That's an example of what I was looking for. I can relate to both points. I'd also like to add that I feel empowered to overcome after praying in tongues. I feel like my prayers are also empowered and my faith is stronger.

Good stuff Berkster.
Old 08-08-2018, 02:55 PM
Banned

I thought this deserved a response all of it's own, so I apologize for breaking your post up a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkeley View Post
First, I would like to express my sincerest apologies. You really annoy me at times. However, if I was in your state I would want someone like myself to extend mercy, and pray for me.
Thank you for your kind words. And, I'd like to say that I welcome any prayers for me regardless as to what state I'm in. I have ups and downs like everyone else. I need your prayers when I'm on the mountain top, and when I'm trudging through the valley low. I admit that God isn't finished with me yet. In the darkest hours I face, I think that's the hardest thing for me to remind myself. Any prayers are always greatly appreciated.

Quote:
I am not sure that I will not jump on the stone Chris the stoner with stones bandwagon again, as I justify my behavior on AFF; I blame my actions on several maladies that I suffer with and from. Hypertension, hypo and hyperglycemia, hyperbole, and mad cow disease.
No hard feelings. Sadly, much of what people think they know about me is from what others have said about me. Few actually PM me and ask me if I'm joking, stirring the pot, being facetious, or when I'm serious. Few want to know details about anything I've mentioned directly from me. I don't have anything to hide. The good, the bad, the ugly, it's all here. I've admitted to things that most would never admit to publicly. I could have put on quite a show and put forth an image of a perfect me. But it would be a lie. I'm not always that perfect. But... I wanna be. I really do.

Quote:
So, please accept my apology. Yea, and Amen.
You're apology was accepted before you spoke it bro. I understand what happens here. You're good. I think we've all been there a time or two.

God bless you and yours.

P.S.
I've never been called a "stoner" anywhere else before other than here on AF.
From my senior year of high school until today, I can count my experiences with cannabis on one hand (that's roughly a 24 year period). From the sounds of it, many of my detractors have far more experience with it than I do. But they've colored the water in such a way, one might think I'm over here tokin' away like Cheech Marin. lol I personally found it an interesting conversation based on my PTSD, the growing data for its medical applications, legislation being drafted in multiple states to legalize to lesser and greater extents, and talk growing in favor of legalization in Congress. I tend to look ahead sometimes. Right now, recreational use of cannabis is still illegal in most states, about half have statutes for medical use, and right or wrong... the reality of legalization is growing. That means, cannabis will be something we'll have to grapple with more thoughtfully at some point, especially if taken for medical reasons. Maybe we can revisit some of the discussions on it when that day comes. If all that makes me a "stoner"... well... what can I say? I have little control over the names people call me.

Last edited by Aquila; 08-08-2018 at 02:57 PM.
Old 08-08-2018, 04:39 PM
Registered Member

I know a man who just recently was in a Russian speaking church. This church was trinitarian but was open to the Spirit.

This Elder began to speak in tongues and it got quiet in the assembly. Come to find out he was speaking in Russian. One of the men came over to ask him if he spoke Russian. He said no. Then he asked the Russian man what he had said. The man told him that he was saying that there was only one name for salvation, the name of Jesus.

The majority, if not all of the assembly, has since been rebaptized in the beautiful name of Jesus. He credits this service as a definitive service towards that goal.

Old 08-08-2018, 04:45 PM
Saved & Shaved

Amen
Old 08-08-2018, 05:16 PM
Registered Member

My brother invited a couple from Nicaragua to church years ago. During the altar call, my brother was praying next to the man and began speaking in tongues. Later, the man asked my brother why he didn't say he knew Spanish. My brother said he didn't know any. The man said he was worshiping God and instructing the man to worship God in fluent and perfect Spanish.
Old 08-08-2018, 05:25 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
How did the blood of bulls and goats, actually, take away sins in the OT? How does the blood of Jesus Christ, actually, take away our sins?

It does because He says it does. We operate in the Spirit, because He allows it.

You aren't going to get psychological with God. It is a work of faith - period.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:01 PM
Go Dodgers!

I don't think interpretation is an "at eill" gift. There's an interpretation when God wills

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.