Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-31-2020, 12:31 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: The Early Church Was Absolutely NOT Trinitaria

What the Jewish people believed????

That is a statement which reverberates through history.

No Christian who loves Christ shouldn’t care what the Jewish people believed as far as theology. They don’t believe that their messiah would be GOD in human form. They believe that is idolatry. To glean from Rabbis is to drink poison from a serpents fangs.
Old 07-31-2020, 01:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
What the Jewish people believed????

That is a statement which reverberates through history.

No Christian who loves Christ shouldn’t care what the Jewish people believed as far as theology. They don’t believe that their messiah would be GOD in human form. They believe that is idolatry. To glean from Rabbis is to drink poison from a serpents fangs.
I am referring to people in the Bible that feared the Lord, including the Apostles and first Generation Christians that are mentioned in the New Testament. In other words, I am talking about Biblical Theology.
Let’s make it more clear: the People of God throughout the generations in the Bible.
I don’t know how my previous post didn’t imply that by the context of my words. I hope I was clearer this time.
Old 08-06-2020, 12:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
Oneness uses sola-scriptura. It was an opening of understanding that was blinded for years by a learned doctrine. Oneness is Biblical Theology: what the Apostles (Jewish people) believed, not what people developed AFTER them.

Trinitarianism goes beyond the scripture. It goes to the reasoning of people theology AFTER the apostles, to come to a non-monotheist explanation of the Son of God.
So you are going to go by the Scriptures that Trinitarians compiled? After all, it was Trinitarian Councils that decided which scriptures should be included and not, depending on the Holy Spirit (one of the Trinity) to guide them. I'd think you'd need to find your own Bible, or at least start over
Old 08-06-2020, 06:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seguidordejesus View Post
So you are going to go by the Scriptures that Trinitarians compiled? After all, it was Trinitarian Councils that decided which scriptures should be included and not, depending on the Holy Spirit (one of the Trinity) to guide them. I'd think you'd need to find your own Bible, or at least start over
The NT scriptures were written by non trinitarians and copied originally by no trinitarians. The canon was set later on as an obvious need to filter out the noise. Later Christians formalized the canon. The fact that they did it doesn’t mean that Christians weren’t already collectively having a proto-canon. The canon wasn’t a revelation.
I do appreciate the work of some Trinitarians groups in history, and yes, God can use people even in their imperfections, but my faithfulness to the Word of God and its truth is more important than any thankfulness I can have towards the work of a group of people.
I don’t compromise the truth.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:36 AM
Solid 3 Stepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
Oneness uses sola-scriptura. It was an opening of understanding that was blinded for years by a learned doctrine. Oneness is Biblical Theology: what the Apostles (Jewish people) believed, not what people developed AFTER them.

Trinitarianism goes beyond the scripture. It goes to the reasoning of people theology AFTER the apostles, to come to a non-monotheist explanation of the Son of God.
If you really want to know what the Apostles believed

Read Peters sermon on the day of Pentecost. Acts 2: 22-37.
Remember the 11 we’re standing with Peter.
Acts 2:38 was not the sermon that pricked their hearts.

Last edited by Light; 08-07-2020 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-09-2020, 07:52 AM
Solid 3 Stepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
If you really want to know what the Apostles believed

Read Peters sermon on the day of Pentecost. Acts 2: 22-37.
Remember the 11 we’re standing with Peter.
Acts 2:38 was not the sermon that pricked their hearts.
What no comments ???

Oh By the way 10 years after Pentecost Peter preached the same sermon to Cornelius and his household.

WOW 10 years after the first sermon the second sermon is almost word for word as the first. By the duplicate sermon and many others should tell you what the apostles believed.
Old 08-09-2020, 08:41 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
What no comments ???

Oh By the way 10 years after Pentecost Peter preached the same sermon to Cornelius and his household.

WOW 10 years after the first sermon the second sermon is almost word for word as the first. By the duplicate sermon and many others should tell you what the apostles believed.
You are right. They preached the man Jesus died for our sins. God raised him from the dead.
Old 08-09-2020, 10:19 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
If you really want to know what the Apostles believed...
... read the whole Bible.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 08-10-2020, 03:30 AM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
... read the whole Bible.
No, just Acts
Old 08-10-2020, 10:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seguidordejesus View Post
Their music is used, so why not their bible

Ultimately I guess it's #God uses trinnies too#

In which case this whole oneness vs trinny schism is rather mind boggling.

I think that if ya'll ever realized how close oneness and trinitarianism actually is that you'd have alot of repenting to do. Both are one God in three and the three are each God and yet there is one God. Both are the Father is God, the Son is God and the Holy Ghost is God. Both are there are not 3 Gods but 1 God.