Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-02-2015, 06:57 PM
Registered Member

AMC -Nashville

When AMC was still going on there used to be a website that had their messages available. It has since been taken down. I have found a few messages here and there on various websites but I am wondering if there is anywhere I could find all the messages. I attended in 2010 and have from 2010 to 2012 on cd but would like to find older messages if possible. Feel free to PM.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Re: AMC -Nashville

Kleenex,

I hope someone has the answer because I would also be interested in listening to some of those sermons. The one sermon I did experience was the young pastor from Colorado a few years back. He preached just over 1 1/2 hours. The first 45 minutes were great and could have been preached at Christ Church Nashville or pretty much any progressive exUPC church. It was the last 45 minutes where he made what he clearly considered the practical applications of the first half where things went wacky.

For example, while he said he wasn't telling the other pastors there they had to do it, he himself did not allow anyone in his church under the age of 18 to have a cell phone. (to which my first thought was: CULT ALERT!!!!! - What in the world is a pastor getting into parents business by making decisions like that???). He then also shared that he did not allow anyone in his church to be on the internet. If someone had to be on the internet for work they had to put a filter on that would only allow them to access the website / pages necessary for work.

In other words all of the things that make me understand why some people consider ultra cons "cultish". Not all of the traits of a cult but the spirit of control is there in many instances.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 09-02-2015, 09:58 PM
Registered Member

I think Apostolic Classics might have them?
Old 09-03-2015, 03:45 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

You can find audio from 2003 at good preaching dot com.

Look under "miscellaneous."
Old 09-03-2015, 03:47 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Ahh, Groce's page has been taken down.
Old 09-03-2015, 05:32 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
I think Apostolic Classics might have them?
I know they have some of them on there. I listened to Elder White's closing message the other evening.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:03 AM
Repent and believe the Gospel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Kleenex,

I hope someone has the answer because I would also be interested in listening to some of those sermons. The one sermon I did experience was the young pastor from Colorado a few years back. He preached just over 1 1/2 hours. The first 45 minutes were great and could have been preached at Christ Church Nashville or pretty much any progressive exUPC church. It was the last 45 minutes where he made what he clearly considered the practical applications of the first half where things went wacky.

For example, while he said he wasn't telling the other pastors there they had to do it, he himself did not allow anyone in his church under the age of 18 to have a cell phone. (to which my first thought was: CULT ALERT!!!!! - What in the world is a pastor getting into parents business by making decisions like that???). He then also shared that he did not allow anyone in his church to be on the internet. If someone had to be on the internet for work they had to put a filter on that would only allow them to access the website / pages necessary for work.

In other words all of the things that make me understand why some people consider ultra cons "cultish". Not all of the traits of a cult but the spirit of control is there in many instances.
Hey See See Rider your just bitter

Scripture is its own interpreter. Nothing can cut a diamond but a diamond. Nothing can interpret Scripture but Scripture" Thomas Watson.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:06 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
You can find audio from 2003 at good preaching dot com.

Look under "miscellaneous."
I will look there. I remember seeing some there. Pretty sure that page has a virus though so I will have to wait till I am not at work.

Thanks
Old 09-03-2015, 06:07 AM
Registered Member

I would like to find a collection of all the messages if possible...or at least most..
Old 09-03-2015, 07:25 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by navygoat1998 View Post
Hey See See Rider your just bitter
Wayne Bent was a Seventh Day Adventist, Vernon Wayne Howell (David Koresh) was a Seventh Day Adventist, AJ Miller (Australian Jesus) was Jehovah Witness overseer, and Jim Jones was a Methodist. Now these guys leave the cell phone and internet prohibitionists in the dust. I guess the Seventh Day Adventist Friends Forum must be a real cage match.