Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 07:24 AM
Registered Member

Re: NEW Everyones Connected

I just signed up to.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndell View Post
I just signed up to.
I sent you a friend request!

Join EC, help make this site something worth its name. We need people to get on their and start discussion, post pictures, make and join groups! INVITE YOUR FRIENDS... ask me what I would do to get you to join and invite your friends!
Old 04-25-2009, 09:45 AM
Registered Member

32 members.... and I still need people to be on the team...

I am hoping this will catch on faster if other people are helping me promote it.

Join EC, help make this site something worth its name. We need people to get on their and start discussion, post pictures, make and join groups! INVITE YOUR FRIENDS... ask me what I would do to get you to join and invite your friends!
Old 04-25-2009, 10:08 AM
Registered

I didn't register, thanks for the invite, but I can't figure out how people can stay active on so many forums? And I am a stay at homeR.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:09 AM
Registered Member

Its not a forum lol

Old 04-25-2009, 10:15 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenda B View Post
I didn't register, thanks for the invite, but I can't figure out how people can stay active on so many forums? And I am a stay at homeR.
I'll clarify, it is a social networking tool like Facebook, and MySpace.... there are areas for discussion but they are not the focus of the site and they even are group based, so not everyone can participate in every discussion.... you can only participate in a discussion if one of your friends is a member of that group... otherwise you wont even be able to see it.

You can upload unlimited photos, albums, and have unlimited friends.... you have a status that you can update to let your friends know what's going on etc... it's far from a forum.... otherwise I would not be posting it on here.... this is the only forum I visit.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:19 AM
Registered Member

Within a week there will be multiple profile types such as musicians, organizations (churches), and a few others....

Old 04-25-2009, 02:59 PM
Tired of it.

I'll check it out soon. Though I don't see a need for a Facebook replacement. The beauty of a Facebook-type application is the sheer volume of people that use it. Without that, it loses much of the appeal to me.

And, the content is only as inappropriate as the friends you have, so I don't see the need for a Christian alternative.

Anyway,good luck with the site.

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds... - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 04-25-2009, 11:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheFritz View Post
I'll check it out soon. Though I don't see a need for a Facebook replacement. The beauty of a Facebook-type application is the sheer volume of people that use it. Without that, it loses much of the appeal to me.

And, the content is only as inappropriate as the friends you have, so I don't see the need for a Christian alternative.

Anyway,good luck with the site.
This is all true, I don't think I would consider EC a Christian alternative though... simply a Christian run...

The main difference is the goal... granted they are very similar we do now intend to explode ads on the site to gain a profit, in fact ads wont even be added until more resources are needed. This isn't an attempt to make a massive profit.

My dilemma is I love facebook, but the TOS the policies and their sheer lack of control make it a bad site IMHO.

I also agree it's volume of members that makes a site like this appealing, however this site needs members to have that appeal. I am trying to get a good group the site can grow the viral way... there is no venture capital or advertising budget involved, it is all word of mouth and without a mulimillion dollar budget it is unlikely it will ever be huge, but the goal is provide a safe user-friendly environment. Prevent spam, ensure privacy and allow for venues, artists, preachers, churches, and others to help promote their events.

Our blogging abilities at EC are the best on the market and out API is pretty flexible so there will be plenty of awesome applications hitting the platform soon. We already have a few that spice up the site.

The main thing here is, you wont be over crowded with ads, you wont be getting your email sold or shared.... its all secure at ec.

Old 04-26-2009, 01:20 PM
Registered Member

Launched a contest I thought I would share on here.... you will need to join to participate.

This is the first ever Everyone's Connected contest! What do you have to do? Invite your friends using our invite feature.

What is the prize?

A $100 Simon Mall gift card.

Here is how this works....

When you log into Everyone's Connected at http://www.everyonesconnected.us you will see two, the second menu consists of tabs: Home Profile Friends Applications Inbox.

If you pan over the "Friends" tab the third option down will say "Invite Friends". When a friend you have invited registers with their email address you invited them with you will get a point, if two people invite the same person and that person registers you will both get one point. The points will be logged and you will not know your point count until after the contest is over.

The person with the most points in one month will be announced and will be awarded the $100 Simon Mall gift card.

If you have any questions us the contact link at the bottom of the site!

Closed Thread