Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 01-25-2008, 09:04 AM
I do what's right in...

10 Year Old Nephew Tried to Hang Himself

I don't know how I feel about prayer, and I don't know that I have any faith that it accomplishes anything, but I figured that there would be no harm in asking.

Earlier this week my 10 year old nephew was found unconscious in his room by his 2 older brothers (12 & 17), he had hung himself, and would have suceeded in killing himself if he had not been found when he was.

There is obviously something seriously wrong for a child so young to take this kind of action.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:10 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Oh Lord Jesus please help this young boy. Only you know the pain and sorrow he is going through. We lift him up to you Lord and pray that you help this young soul. In Jesus name, Amen.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 01-25-2008, 09:14 AM
Registered Member

praying
Old 01-25-2008, 09:16 AM
Registered Member

Praying right now that the love of God will fill, heal, and surround this young boy.
Absolutely prayer works!
Raven
Old 01-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Prayerful lives are powerful

This is really sad. It is even sadder that you don't know how you feel about prayer. God can only help in situations such as this. I pray that God is allowed to help this little boy and his family.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Own Eyes View Post
I don't know how I feel about prayer, and I don't know that I have any faith that it accomplishes anything, but I figured that there would be no harm in asking.

Earlier this week my 10 year old nephew was found unconscious in his room by his 2 older brothers (12 & 17), he had hung himself, and would have suceeded in killing himself if he had not been found when he was.

There is obviously something seriously wrong for a child so young to take this kind of action.
So sad that a child so young would try this.

Are you aware that kids are promoting this type of thing as a game? Many children have tried this, because others have told them it will make them feel a "high" similar to that given by drugs. They don't realize that they could die from doing this.

Please pass this website on to the family of your nephew-- maybe there is some info here that will help them to help your nephew. http://www.stop-the-choking-game.com/en/home.asp

I will be praying for your nephew.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:30 AM
I do what's right in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
So sad that a child so young would try this.

Are you aware that kids are promoting this type of thing as a game? Many children have tried this, because others have told them it will make them feel a "high" similar to that given by drugs. They don't realize that they could die from doing this.

Please pass this website on to the family of your nephew-- maybe there is some info here that will help them to help your nephew. http://www.stop-the-choking-game.com/en/home.asp

I will be praying for your nephew.

Thank you for that. I actually have heard of that phenomena, but do not think it was involved in this case. He has been in the hospital since Monday, and they just moved him to the county mental health facility, because he says that he will keeping trying until it works, and is apparently mad at his brothers for "ruining" it.

It is so sad to hear that someone so young feels life is so hopeless.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:46 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Thank you for that. I actually have heard of that phenomena, but do not think it was involved in this case. He has been in the hospital since Monday, and they just moved him to the county mental health facility, because he says that he will keeping trying until it works, and is apparently mad at his brothers for "ruining" it.

It is so sad to hear that someone so young feels life is so hopeless.
This just breaks my heart.

God can make a difference.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:50 AM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

Quote:

I think I understand how you feel about prayer and faith. Seems like when we need it the most is when we question whether or not it works. I'm feeling that now myself. But- as much as I appreciate the prayers of God's people, and as much as I try to have faith, my trust is not in prayer. My trust isn't in faith. My trust is in the Lord who I KNOW never fails. Come what may, He never fails us. He never leaves us. Trust Him. And, as you trust Him, know that we are praying...

It just occurred to me to tell you that, yes...prayer and faith works. Your nephew is living. God hasn't failed. Neither has prayer and faith. Now...we pray and believe that God will work on what led him to take this drastic step. God saved your nephews life. Now, we pray that God will rescue his spirit.

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.
Old 01-25-2008, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Goodness. Poor child.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road