Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Pride of the Neighborhood

The War on Terror is THE Issue!

I am strongly pro life. I am a conservative Reagan Republican. I am pro family all the way. But the War on Terror is THE issue of our day. We will not be able to even discuss or debate the other issues if we get it wrong about this war.

The Dems don't get it. They will make us vulnerable again. Ron Paul has it ALL wrong! I like Huckabee and Brownback, but abortion is not the #1 issue today. The only voices I hear about the war that I feel good about is Guiliani and McCain.

We Christian voters better be prepared to be more than one issue voters (i.e. abortion)! We can't afford to allow ANY Democrat to get elected! I am afraid that a conservative like Huckabee or Brownback or even Thompson will not win the general election. G or Mc will be a far cry better than ANY Dem!

Be willing to vote for a moderate or liberal Republican if they are right on the war issue!

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
I am strongly pro life. I am a conservative Reagan Republican. I am pro family all the way. But the War on Terror is THE issue of our day. We will not be able to even discuss or debate the other issues if we get it wrong about this war.

The Dems don't get it. They will make us vulnerable again. Ron Paul has it ALL wrong! I like Huckabee and Brownback, but abortion is not the #1 issue today. The only voices I hear about the war that I feel good about is Guiliani and McCain.

We Christian voters better be prepared to be more than one issue voters (i.e. abortion)! We can't afford to allow ANY Democrat to get elected! I am afraid that a conservative like Huckabee or Brownback or even Thompson will not win the general election. G or Mc will be a far cry better than ANY Dem!

Be willing to vote for a moderate or liberal Republican if they are right on the war issue!
The War on Terror is just A issue. There are MANY important issues facing us, like China's growing threat. Russia's direct threats recently and our growing dept and sinking dollar...which is what we use to fight the war on terror....but the OTHER issue is...should we be in Iraq still? Is this the right way to fight the war on terror?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
We Christian voters better be prepared to be more than one issue voters
So says the one issue voters prepared to sacrifice every conservative principle known to man in order to keep our military firmly entrenched in the Middle East for the next 100 years.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:45 PM

DB ... I agree ... 100% ... all it takes for one nuclear holocaust ... or major catastrophic event and all the other stuff would be put in it's proper perspective.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
DB ... I agree ... 100% ... all it takes for one nuclear holocaust ... or major catastrophic event and all the other stuff would be put in it's proper perspective.
WRONG we had a major event, remember 911, and as a country we still don't get it. The Left is whacked out when it comes to "Give Peace A Chance". The Extremist Muslims believe in "Having us in pieces and not just by chance".

If we are not ever vigilant we are going to see another major strike in this country. I'm not so sure it is avoidable, but I pray it is.
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Old 06-06-2007, 01:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
WRONG we had a major event, remember 911, and as a country we still don't get it.
Some people do get it.

For instance, on the bombing Marine barracks in Lebanon, after Ronald Reagan withdrew troops from there (rather than bombing every Middle Eastern country slightly connected with Lebanon into submission) he stated:

"Perhaps we didn't appreciate fully enough the depth of the hatred and the complexity of the problems that made the Middle East such a jungle. Perhaps the idea of a suicide car bomber committing mass murder to gain instant entry to Paradise was so foreign to our own values and consciousness that it did not create in us the concern for the marines' safety that it should have.
In the weeks immediately after the bombing, I believe the last thing that we should do was turn tail and leave. Yet the irrationality of Middle Eastern politics forced us to rethink our policy there. If there would be some rethinking of policy before our men die, we would be a lot better off. If that policy had changed towards more of a neutral position and neutrality, those 241 marines would be alive today."
Old 06-06-2007, 01:41 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishopnl View Post
Some people do get it.

For instance, on the bombing Marine barracks in Lebanon, after Ronald Reagan withdrew troops from there (rather than bombing every Middle Eastern country slightly connected with Lebanon into submission) he stated:

"Perhaps we didn't appreciate fully enough the depth of the hatred and the complexity of the problems that made the Middle East such a jungle. Perhaps the idea of a suicide car bomber committing mass murder to gain instant entry to Paradise was so foreign to our own values and consciousness that it did not create in us the concern for the marines' safety that it should have.
In the weeks immediately after the bombing, I believe the last thing that we should do was turn tail and leave. Yet the irrationality of Middle Eastern politics forced us to rethink our policy there. If there would be some rethinking of policy before our men die, we would be a lot better off. If that policy had changed towards more of a neutral position and neutrality, those 241 marines would be alive today."

Ronald Reagan's quote was made in a time when middle eastern nations were not on the verge of obtaining the power to distroy the world.

Bnl, if left un-checked, Iran will get a nuclear devise and they will use it to distroy america. i believe Saddam would have done the same.

i get cold chills thinking of what the world would look like today with Saddam still in power in Iraq and at the same time Iran escalating its Nuclear bomb making capabilities.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Bnl, if left un-checked, Iran will get a nuclear devise and they will use it to distroy america. i believe Saddam would have done the same.
Most foreign policy experts that have any familiarity with Iran at all say that there is a huge majority of the Iranian population that wants to become more westernized and wants peace with the West. Yes, Ahmadinejad is a raging buffoon who's always bloviating about wiping Israel off the map, but if we were to bomb every Muslim who hated Jews or America, there wouldn't be any Muslims left. And he's worked hard to make Iran more modernized...part of that is his nuclear ambition.

I would like to know on what basis you believe Iran would bomb us if they got a nuclear device. Has Ahmadinejad said so? Have they a past history of bombing America? And finally, and perhaps most importantly:

Iran to date does not yet have a nuclear device. We are not even sure how far away they are from getting one...the best we have are estimates. Even if they got one, it would take years for them to assimilate a weapons program that is even close to the United States. In short, if Iran hit the United States with a nuclear weapon, they know we have the power to pulverize them and decimate them. In fact, only one country in the world has shown the willingness to actually use nuclear weapons. And that country is the United States. We've proven in the past we aren't afraid to use them. So why would Iran bomb us...knowing in a nuclear match, they can't possibly win?
Old 06-06-2007, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Some people do get it.

And this was one time Reagan didn't get it.

The continued attitude of America not to take radical Islam seriously beginning with Jimmy Carter and the Iran hostage crisis through the Reagan years, and the Clinton debacles brought 9/11 to our doorstep. I don't agree with W on everything but on the War on Terror they have it right. Have they done everything to my satisfaction? No. The border issue is still a huge problem and I feel like they don't get it when it comes to that, but outside of that, they have been right on.

Iraq under Saddam Hussein after 9/11 could not be tolerated, violating resolution after resolution. Rumsfeld miscalculated on the number of troops, that was clear. But going into Iraq was the right thing to do and history will bear that out if the military is allowed to finish the job.

Every war in American history has its blunders and poor executions. My God, WWII is full of them! Ever heard of "Operation: Market Garden"? The Allies blundered that one and it cost us about 8,000 casualties. Rent the movie "A Bridge Too Far" for an education. Ever heard of the Battle of the Bulge? The Nazis moved 400,000 men and material to the Western Front right under the Allies noses and they were caught off guard. That one cost us about 80,000 casualties.

That's why they are called the "Greatest Generation". They understood the stakes, they understood the consequences, they united and fought the enemy and defeated them. If it were up to this generation, Hitler would've ruled the world.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Most foreign policy experts that have any familiarity with Iran at all say that there is a huge majority of the Iranian population that wants to become more westernized and wants peace with the West.
They ELECTED him to the office of President! I agree there is opposition in Iran, but they are a far cry away from gaining any power. The religious leaders have a stranglehold on that nation and it will take much more than a few dissenting voices to change the culture in Iran.

Quote:
Yes, Ahmadinejad is a raging buffoon who's always bloviating about wiping Israel off the map, but if we were to bomb every Muslim who hated Jews or America, there wouldn't be any Muslims left.
Read the history of pre-war Germany and all of the bloviating Hitler and the Nazis engaged in. You act as if words mean nothing. He's more than hot air, he has to be taken seriously. The Nazis gave us plenty of clues to what their intentions were and no one took them seriously. 60 million people perished as a result of the gutless appeasement that was practiced by the Allies. Get your head out of the sand!

We're not talking about bombing every Muslim that hates Israel or America, we're talking about a nation and a leader that not only hates America and Israel, but is the #1 TERRORIST SPONSORING NATION IN THE WORLD! They back up the words with action. Tens of thousands, if not more, have perished as a result of their sponsorship of terrorism. If AJD says he will wipe Israel off the map AND he's seeking nuclear capablities AND they are developing new classes of rockets---basic logic would say, LET'S NOT POOH-POOH THIS LIKE ITS EMPTY RHETORIC!

Quote:
I would like to know on what basis you believe Iran would bomb us if they got a nuclear device. Has Ahmadinejad said so? Have they a past history of bombing America? And finally, and perhaps most importantly:

Iran to date does not yet have a nuclear device. We are not even sure how far away they are from getting one...the best we have are estimates. Even if they got one, it would take years for them to assimilate a weapons program that is even close to the United States. In short, if Iran hit the United States with a nuclear weapon, they know we have the power to pulverize them and decimate them. In fact, only one country in the world has shown the willingness to actually use nuclear weapons. And that country is the United States. We've proven in the past we aren't afraid to use them. So why would Iran bomb us...knowing in a nuclear match, they can't possibly win?
This line of thinking is very scary!

Do you really have to be shown the obvious? I will repeat: IRAN IS THE #1 SPONSOR OF TERRORISM IN THE WORLD! All they have to do is develop the bomb and then give it to the terroroists. If they would give the weaponry to terrorists to conduct conventional warfare against Israel and the US, on what basis do you believe that Iran would not give a nuclear device to them as well?

Iran doesn't have a nuclear device YET? So do we wait til they get one, and then try to do something about it? You've got to be kidding! They don't have to get an arsenal that mirrors ours for them to be a danger to us or Israel. Ever heard of a "dirty bomb"? How many bould have to perish, bishop, for you to feel like it would justify a reaction from us? 10,000? 25,000? 50,000?

Do you think being pulverized by us scares them or keeps them from moving towards a destruction of Western Civilization? They are rewarded by their god for death and destruction! I'm afraid there too many Americans that don't clearly understand the stakes and what the consequences are if we don't finish the job in this war on terror.