Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:08 PM
crakjak

Salvation Does Not Cease at Great White Throne Judgment

(Rev. 20.11) Records White Throne Judgment, (Rev. 21.9)The New Jerusalem, then (Rev. 22.2) "In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life...yielding its fruit EVERY month. The leaves of the tree for the HEALING of the nations."

Apparently, the nations still need healing, so it seems God's purpose of purging, correcting and purifying continues. Chapter 21 says the gates of the city will never be closed, and that the kings of the earth will come into the city. Chapter 22.15 says there are "dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murders and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie."

The gates stay open, there are sinners outside and there are leaves for their healing available, the implication is that salvation is still in process. These facts also seem to support ultimate reconciliation for all.

Of course, if you are preterist, this is symbolism for the New Coveant age. Any thoughts are insights, anyone?
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 04-16-2007, 11:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakjak View Post
(Rev. 20.11) Records White Throne Judgment, (Rev. 21.9)The New Jerusalem, then (Rev. 22.2) "In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life...yielding its fruit EVERY month. The leaves of the tree for the HEALING of the nations."

Apparently, the nations still need healing, so it seems God's purpose of purging, correcting and purifying continues. Chapter 21 says the gates of the city will never be closed, and that the kings of the earth will come into the city. Chapter 22.15 says there are "dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murders and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie."

The gates stay open, there are sinners outside and there are leaves for their healing available, the implication is that salvation is still in process. These facts also seem to support ultimate reconciliation for all.

Of course, if you are preterist, this is symbolism for the New Coveant age. Any thoughts are insights, anyone?
Ahh, I had a great response, and you went and said something about how preterists see this as the church age. lol
Old 04-17-2007, 12:08 AM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Ahh, I had a great response, and you went and said something about how preterists see this as the church age. lol
That was preemption for you and all the other preterists on AFF. As I was typing I heard your gun cocking!
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 04-17-2007, 01:21 AM
Banned

Quote:

There will be people saved during the 1000 yrs.
Old 04-17-2007, 06:16 AM
Non-Resident Redneck

Rev 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

Rev 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Rev 22:12 ¶ And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:01 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelel View Post
There will be people saved during the 1000 yrs.
Ahhh, the mythical millennium.

Has anyone ever asked themselves why neither Jesus nor the apostles in the epistles ever taught anything about a millennium after the church age? All that people provide from the gospels and epistles and Acts for such a question are references that distinctly do not prove any millennium. There is no explicit teaching in the bible about a millennium after the chruch age.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:05 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
That was preemption for you and all the other preterists on AFF. As I was typing I heard your gun cocking!
heh heh

But see? Now, this proves preterism is true. We have no conflicts of scripture.

Here is another indication for you of salvation in Rev 22:

The reference back to the River of Life flowing from the Lamb and God (Ezekiel 47's temple - See Rev 21:22) in Rev 22:17 is identical to the words of Jesus regarding salvation and the Holy Ghost.

Quote:
Rev 22:17 KJV And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Joh 7:37-39 KJV In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. (38) He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (39) (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
John 7:37-39 is the interpretation of Rev 22:17. Jesus offered salvation through the same words used in Rev 22:17, indicating Rev 22:17 is an offer for salvation.

We must interpret Revelation from the rest of the Bible.

Anyway, carry on... This is not a preterist thread.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:10 AM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonskinner View Post
Rev 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

Rev 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Rev 22:12 ¶ And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward [is] with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
Is He speaking of "THEN" or of some 2000+ years later? "...FOR THE TIME IS AT HAND."

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 04-17-2007, 09:11 AM
crakjak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
heh heh

But see? Now, this proves preterism is true. We have no conflicts of scripture.

Here is another indication for you of salvation in Rev 22:

The reference back to the River of Life flowing from the Lamb and God (Ezekiel 47's temple - See Rev 21:22) in Rev 22:17 is identical to the words of Jesus regarding salvation and the Holy Ghost.

John 7:37-39 is the interpretation of Rev 22:17. Jesus offered salvation through the same words used in Rev 22:17, indicating Rev 22:17 is an offer for salvation.

We must interpret Revelation from the rest of the Bible.

Anyway, carry on... This is not a preterist thread.
Well, I just happen to agree with you.

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org
Old 04-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Well, I just happen to agree with you.
Amen! I agree with him also.