Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-10-2009, 06:48 PM
Registered Member

Angels

The 'ghost thread' got me to wondering...

Any of y'all ever have an angelic visitation/encounter?!

Do you believe in any of this?!

I'll get it started...

My paternal grandfather was a heathen...not a nice dude at all. But he told my dad about something that happened when he was a young man...

It seems grandpops was alone in the woods and ended up lost. Scared nigh onto death, a man suddenly appeared saying that he would lead him out of the woods.

When they got to the clearing, my grandfather turned to thank the man, but he was gone.

He didn't believe in much of anything, but he always said he believed that man was an angel.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Cross-examine it!

Re: Angels

Isn't that an Alabama song?
Old 10-10-2009, 07:07 PM
MeofMo

One day I was waiting in line to cash my check a a local grocery store and a man came up behind me. I could just feel something when he walked up, like a real nice feeling. He had on a work uniform, but no name tag and not a bit of dirt or anything on the uniform. He had this awesome smile. Anyway, I said hi and he said, you know on my drive down to the store I seen some little kids and they were pushing each other into the street in front of cars. He said they must live in one of the trailers back there on that road. Then he looked at me. At that moment I knew it was my son and my nephew. I had asked a neighbor to watch them while I ran down to the store. I left and went back home and sure enough. One of them almost got hit by a car before I got there. I will always believe that that man was an angel. After I left the store he left the line and I never seen him again.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Administrator

Yes, I have had a number of encounters. God is good to take care of His children.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:04 PM
of 9!! :)

One of my older sisters used to tell this story alot before she passed on......

Many years ago, my sister had gone downtown to the local movie house with our older sister and her hubby. Sometime during the movie, the older sister and hubby had to leave and tells my other sister that they will be back in a few minutes. Well the movie ended and my sister went outside to wait.....no sign of the other sis.

She said she sat down on a bench beside the street scared to death as it was now dark and she was alone. She said she saw this huge beautiful white dog walk up the sidewalk. It came up and laid down beside her feet. She said she was not afraid of the dog and felt safe that he had come along.

Not long after she said an old drunk man came staggering down the road. She said it looked like he might come over to where she was but the big white dog stood up defensively and did a very menacing growl at the man. He evidently decided to walk on down the road.

Then after that, a huge black dog came up the road and the white dog ran straight at that dog and she said they had the most ferocoious fight she'd ever seen 2 dogs have, right there in the middle of the street. The black dog finally ran off and the white dog came and lay back down.

She was really starting to get worried that she had been forgotten by the other sis but finally she looked up the road and saw some lights of a car coming over the hill. She jumped up hoping it was her sister, and thankfully it was. They drove up and she looked back to tell them about the dog and what had happened, but the dog was gone.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
Yes, I have had a number of encounters. God is good to take care of His children.
Care to share...?!
Old 10-11-2009, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
Care to share...?!
I will pick one or two. They are in my book, SEALS.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:04 PM
Administrator

I have never knowly at the time knew I was talking to an angel. I wish I had.

I had more than one experience while in school with angels unaware. The students I went to school with could see them, but I didn't. They asked me who I was walking down the hall with everyday, that they were always surrounding me.

IF you ever have that experience know it is because someone intended harm to you, even if you were not aware of it.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
I have never knowly at the time knew I was talking to an angel. I wish I had.

I had more than one experience while in school with angels unaware. The students I went to school with could see them, but I didn't. They asked me who I was walking down the hall with everyday, that they were always surrounding me.

IF you ever have that experience know it is because someone intended harm to you, even if you were not aware of it.
I believe that!!

Bro. John Kershaw tells the story of speaking to Arab guerrilla soldiers following the 6 way of 1967...

As well as I can remember it, the soldiers surrendered a piece of land they had previously conquered from the Israelis.

The enemy the soldiers were fighting and subsequently surrendered to were women and children with nothing more than broom handles and sticks.

Bro. Kershaw asked why, with tanks and powerful weapons of warfare, these rough and touch guerrillas surrendered.

One spoke up, and said, "We are not afraid of women and children with sticks, but when they came up the hill with their hands raised in battle, large men in white apparel came before them!! We were powerless against them!!"

I believe it...
Old 10-15-2009, 12:38 AM
Registered Member

This was not an angelic encounter, but it is something that has stuck with me all these years. When I was younger I stayed with my older sister and her husband a lot, and their 4 kids. One of the twins, Savanna, was only about 3 years old when this happened.

One night I was in the bathroom helping Savanna do her business because she was still so young. I turned my back on her to wash my hands, and heard her very clearly state, "Jesus is coming down." I jerked my head around in shock and said, "What did you just say?!" She just gave me this big grin and shrugged her shoulders.

Jesus was not taught in that house, in fact, my sister and my brother in law were drug dealers and that's how they made their living. Savanna did not hear this from church.

Another weird thing happened. My same brother in law later went on to receive the holy ghost after stepping foot in a pentecostal church for the very first time. They sadly went back to leading the former life they lived.

The night before Halloween 6 years ago, we were all at one of their friend's house they hadn't seen in a while. We were just sitting around the kitchen table telling stories, and somehow we got on the subject of church. My brother in law told his friend that he needed to get baptised in Jesus name and get the holy ghost because he wanted him in heaven with him.

My brother in law died of a massive heart attack about 6 hours later. He had no clue he was even sick.

Love is patient, love is kind, Love does not insist on its own way. Love bears all things, believes all things,
Hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.
- I Corinthians 13:4-8