Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Homestead > The Wild Side
Facebook

Notices

The Wild Side Firearms & Hunting; Feed your wild side here!

Old 02-02-2013, 08:57 PM

Re: Gun Talk/ Gun Show thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
For you gun afficionados out there looking for good deals on guns, ammo, and accessories a few weeks ago I found a very cool site.

This site is where members post deals they have run across on the internet. Some have been very, very good ones. Usually 50-70 new deals are posted each day so you have to check back often and the best deals sometimes are sold out in minutes. It lists the deals then a link you can click on to go to the store / vendor website that is offering the deal.

The site is www.slickguns.com

I've ran across that site too, but never bought anything...have you? Wasn't sure if it was easy to set up to buy etc.

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29
Old 02-02-2013, 09:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
For you gun afficionados out there looking for good deals on guns, ammo, and accessories a few weeks ago I found a very cool site.

This site is where members post deals they have run across on the internet. Some have been very, very good ones. Usually 50-70 new deals are posted each day so you have to check back often and the best deals sometimes are sold out in minutes. It lists the deals then a link you can click on to go to the store / vendor website that is offering the deal.

The site is www.slickguns.com
I'll check it out.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:15 PM
friendly to the sinners

Quote:
I noticed a lot of 1911 .45's on this thread. That is the pistol my son who was the Marine has and also my SIL.

I have a Rossi 357 magnum for home defense, my wife has the little pink Ruger 380 LCP I bought her yesterday and posted a pic of on the other gun thread. Soon I will be ordering the lasermax red laser designed for the Ruger LCP.

I also have a DPMS Panther Oracle AR 15 16" carbine and numerous lowers and uppers on order to assemble more. I have a Sightmark Zombie Holographic sight and just ordered a green laser for the Panther.

After spending $15 earlier this week and yesterday $18.00 for each box of 20 PMC XTAC 556 today I found another small town source about 30 miles from where I live that had it for $15. Wish I hadn't spend most of my money on it for $18 yesterday! I was happy to pay the $18 though because most places are selling 223 /556 for $24-$33 per box in my area. I am hoping they have some more of that $15 box PMC next month when I can work it in my budget.
Good posts CC1, lots of info. I was looking at a Sight mark red dot scope today. It looked like a real good knock-off of an EOtech. I thought it was a nice set up and great price. How do you like yours? why do you think that sight is 400.00 cheaper than an EOtech? I am seriously thinking of getting one.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shag View Post
I've ran across that site too, but never bought anything...have you? Wasn't sure if it was easy to set up to buy etc.
Shag, you don't order from that site. It is just people posting deals at places on the internet and then you click on a link that takes you to the stores site and page with that item.

Most of the deals posted on slickguns.com are from major online companies like;

Brownells
Sportsmans Guide
Cabellas
Midway USA
Cheaper Than Dirt
Natchess Shooting Supply
DPMS
Palmetto Armory
Amazon
Grabagun
Buds Gun Shop
Impact Guns
Kentucky Gun Co. (where I bought my wifes Mossberg Tactical 22)

There are more but it is past midnight and my brain has stopped working!
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 02-02-2013, 11:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtimer View Post
Good posts CC1, lots of info. I was looking at a Sight mark red dot scope today. It looked like a real good knock-off of an EOtech. I thought it was a nice set up and great price. How do you like yours? why do you think that sight is 400.00 cheaper than an EOtech? I am seriously thinking of getting one.
I actually just got the Sightmart Ultra Shot Z (Z for Zombie) two days ago and it is not even mounted yet. I have looked through it hand held and it was very cool.

There are a lot of Chinese knockoffs of the Eotech that look and feel great but when mounted on anything with more recoil than a .22 don't seem to hold up.

These Sightmark holographic sights were the only ones in the $100 or less range that I found had good reviews from AR 15 owners as holding up and being reliable.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 02-03-2013, 04:11 AM
friendly to the sinners

Quote:
I actually just got the Sightmart Ultra Shot Z (Z for Zombie) two days ago and it is not even mounted yet. I have looked through it hand held and it was very cool.

There are a lot of Chinese knockoffs of the Eotech that look and feel great but when mounted on anything with more recoil than a .22 don't seem to hold up.

These Sightmark holographic sights were the only ones in the $100 or less range that I found had good reviews from AR 15 owners as holding up and being reliable.
I read a couple reviews, all were positive. Only small complaint, guy said he had to re-zero his site out about every time he went shooting. He was still positive over all.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Registered Member

I posted this photo before but it is some ugly guy I know who is showing off my Bushmaster AR while also sporting my Ruger P95 on my, errrr, his waist.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...l/_MG_1695.jpg
Old 02-03-2013, 04:51 PM
Registered Member

Just got back from the range. Very few people shooting today. I guess everyone is more interested in Superbowl than the gun range. Shooting LC9 with laser. Also shot my LCP380.

Been Thinkin

LIFE: Some days you're the dog and some days you're the hydrant!

I have ... Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia! The fear of long words.

"Prediction is very hard, especially about the future." - Yogi Berra

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave in reflection." - Thomas Paine
Old 02-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenThinkin View Post
Just got back from the range. Very few people shooting today. I guess everyone is more interested in Superbowl than the gun range. Shooting LC9 with laser. Also shot my LCP380.

Been Thinkin
Some guy got killed at a gun range today. Ex-Navy Seal or something.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 02-03-2013, 04:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
Some guy got killed at a gun range today. Ex-Navy Seal or something.

I heard about that. And I believe he was an expert shooter. Sad! If I understand it right he was the victim of one that was a mental case. They're coming out of the wood work and no law is gonna stop a mental case.

Been Thinkin

LIFE: Some days you're the dog and some days you're the hydrant!

I have ... Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia! The fear of long words.

"Prediction is very hard, especially about the future." - Yogi Berra

"I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress, and grow brave in reflection." - Thomas Paine