Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-25-2007, 09:49 AM
NLYP's Avatar
NLYP NLYP is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,593
Happy Birthday To Me!!!!!!!!!!!

Well.....
It was on this day October 25, 1987 that I Was Baptized in Jesus Name and Filled with the Holy Ghost.
At the age of 16 after being raised in the church but running as hard as I could from a calling on my life and a rich heritage, I finally surrendered and let HIM have my life.
It has not been all smooth sailing but I have not regretted one mile of this journey.

I have seen both the good and the bad of what we call the church....BUT as long as my driving force is to please HIM.....then I know "Its gonna be worth it all"!!!!!

To my Apostolic Friends.....STAY IN THE CHURCH...dont back down, dont get discouraged and dont get sidetracked!!

Ive been to the far right and Ive been to the far left....
I love the middle!

Dont sell out for a watered down version of ACTS 2:38!
Stay balanced in your "Holiness" views and never, ever....ever...ever...trade what is solid for that which is weak!

Anyways......

I want to reaffirm on this my 20th spiritual birthday

ACTS 2:38 is THE ONLY WAY!
Jesus Name Baptism is the ONLY way and ANY other way is just getting you wet!
There is ONE LORD, ONE FAITH and ONE BAPTISM!
Without HOLINESS no man shall see the LORD!
It takes all thee..Repentance, Baptism in Jesus Name and The Infilling of the HOLY GHOST to be saved....ANYTHING less is a watered down version of truth and will NOT stand.

So...my prayer is the next 20 years will be one of revival, humility, dedication and a life that would bring honor to the God of MY Salvation.

Dan
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-25-2007, 09:52 AM
rgcraig's Avatar
rgcraig rgcraig is offline
My Family!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Collierville, TN
Posts: 31,779
I thought you were gone from here.
__________________
Master of Science in Applied Disgruntled Religious Theorist Wrangling
PhD in Petulant Tantrum Quelling
Dean of the School of Hard Knocks
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-25-2007, 09:53 AM
NLYP's Avatar
NLYP NLYP is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
I thought you were gone from here.
What can I say....
"Its my party and Ill post if I want to.....you would post too if..." Well you know the rest!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-25-2007, 09:54 AM
True Believer's Avatar
True Believer True Believer is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLYP View Post
Well.....
It was on this day October 25, 1987 that I Was Baptized in Jesus Name and Filled with the Holy Ghost.
At the age of 16 after being raised in the church but running as hard as I could from a calling on my life and a rich heritage, I finally surrendered and let HIM have my life.
It has not been all smooth sailing but I have not regretted one mile of this journey.

I have seen both the good and the bad of what we call the church....BUT as long as my driving force is to please HIM.....then I know "Its gonna be worth it all"!!!!!

To my Apostolic Friends.....STAY IN THE CHURCH...dont back down, dont get discouraged and dont get sidetracked!!

Ive been to the far right and Ive been to the far left....
I love the middle!

Dont sell out for a watered down version of ACTS 2:38!
Stay balanced in your "Holiness" views and never, ever....ever...ever...trade what is solid for that which is weak!

Anyways......

I want to reaffirm on this my 20th spiritual birthday

ACTS 2:38 is THE ONLY WAY!
Jesus Name Baptism is the ONLY way and ANY other way is just getting you wet!
There is ONE LORD, ONE FAITH and ONE BAPTISM!
Without HOLINESS no man shall see the LORD!
It takes all thee..Repentance, Baptism in Jesus Name and The Infilling of the HOLY GHOST to be saved....ANYTHING less is a watered down version of truth and will NOT stand.

So...my prayer is the next 20 years will be one of revival, humility, dedication and a life that would bring honor to the God of MY Salvation.

Dan

This the best kind of birthday to have!


Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-25-2007, 09:54 AM
AmazingGrace AmazingGrace is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dallas,Tx
Posts: 6,978
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-25-2007, 09:56 AM
rgcraig's Avatar
rgcraig rgcraig is offline
My Family!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Collierville, TN
Posts: 31,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLYP View Post
What can I say....
"Its my party and Ill post if I want to.....you would post too if..." Well you know the rest!
Happy Holy Ghost Anniversary - - does it last that long?
__________________
Master of Science in Applied Disgruntled Religious Theorist Wrangling
PhD in Petulant Tantrum Quelling
Dean of the School of Hard Knocks
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-25-2007, 09:58 AM
NLYP's Avatar
NLYP NLYP is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Happy Holy Ghost Anniversary - - does it last that long?
Oh your hilarious........................................: runhills

No..it requires the occasional recharge!

YOU might want to try it sometime!:hype rcoffee
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-25-2007, 09:58 AM
DividedThigh DividedThigh is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: in the north unfortunately
Posts: 6,476
happy spiritual birth day, enjoy Jesus, dt
__________________
A product of a pentecostal raisin, I am a hard man, just ask my children
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-25-2007, 10:00 AM
rgcraig's Avatar
rgcraig rgcraig is offline
My Family!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Collierville, TN
Posts: 31,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLYP View Post
Oh your hilarious........................................: runhills

No..it requires the occasional recharge!

YOU might want to try it sometime!:hype rcoffee
Not a problem - - I recharge as needed!

This past July was my 40th anniversary to have the Holy Ghost! I have a double portion!!!!!
__________________
Master of Science in Applied Disgruntled Religious Theorist Wrangling
PhD in Petulant Tantrum Quelling
Dean of the School of Hard Knocks
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-25-2007, 10:01 AM
rosebud's Avatar
rosebud rosebud is offline
A rose in the desert


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLYP View Post
ACTS 2:38 is THE ONLY WAY!
Jesus Name Baptism is the ONLY way and ANY other way is just getting you wet!There is ONE LORD, ONE FAITH and ONE BAPTISM!
Dan
Congratulations! what an awesome heritage! I had to smile when I read the above highlighted part of your post. That is exactly what my Dear Mother used to say about baptism any other way! She instilled that deep in my heart and I love that heritage. I celebrated my 40th year Holy Ghost Birthday in May of this year! I am so glad I have the Lord Jesus in my life, I don't know how folks who do not serve him or know him cope on a day to day basis.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
8/30 Happy Birthday Bro. Strange Rhoni Fellowship Hall 31 08-31-2007 09:54 AM
Happy Birthday Margie rgcraig Fellowship Hall 28 06-30-2007 10:35 PM
Happy Birthday To Me!!! CC1 Fellowship Hall 79 05-26-2007 08:19 PM
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IAintMovin Fellowship Hall 3 05-09-2007 08:54 PM
Happy Birthday Ron rgcraig Fellowship Hall 45 02-17-2007 10:16 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Salome
- by aegsm76

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.