Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
doctrine, repentance, scripture

Old 12-09-2008, 04:51 PM
Registered Member

Re: Repentance...

It is more like Paul sid " I die daily " Even though we are baptized for the remission fo sins.We still walk in an earthly body and "sin" [trangress], and we have infirmities [these are not sicknesses as much as weaknesses of flesh or our human nature] .Sanctification is an on going process and today I may do some thing that I don't even know is sin ,So I like David I ask God to forgive even my secret sin. I hope that helps,and not confuses you more.At least this is what I was taught.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Registered Member

Do you think that all sin is equal? I am confused about this because 1 John 5:16, 17 - 16. If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it. 17. All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:01 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peytongurley View Post
Do you think that all sin is equal? I am confused about this because 1 John 5:16, 17 - 16. If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it. 17. All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.
I really don't know I don't know what is a sin unto death,and no I have not prayed for it. I do know that under the law there were many sins that held the death penalty.If you look into it some that may surprise you, that people commit today .However because We are under grace some of these sins don't hold a death penalty in this world.I recently came to the understanding that as scripture says .Sin always produces death,mostly in the form of consequences in this world ,and in the Spirit it hinders our relationship with God.If unrepented of it leads to eternal seperation.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:21 AM
Registered Member

My dear brother the apostle paul himself said i die daily.........what the apostle paul was acknowledgeing was he sinned everyday and that he must die every day.....die here means to repent.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:22 AM
Registered Member

there was only one man without sin .....Jesus.