Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-04-2020, 02:44 PM
Registered Member

Positive Results Of Covid 19.

What with all the chaos and disruption this Virus and the response to it has caused havoc all over the world. Nevertheless, I was talking to the Lord and he said to look for the positive. What's positive?
Let's look at some, most if not all public events have been cancelled. These include pride events cancelled, weird fringe festivals cancelled. 4/20 events cancelled. More people are feeling desperate and looking to God for the answers they need.
I live in a city that is the second most expensive city in the world. There isn't a single detached house in the city that is under a million dollars. A small wooden Church building with a parking lot sold in my neighborhood a couple of years ago for 9 million
We are a small congregation renting a Church building for a reasonable price, but the owners want to tear it down and build condos with a small room for their congregation inside. This Covid 19 crisis is shaking everyone and everything and that may be on hold.
There may be buildings coming open to purchase.
I talked to Greg an owner of a Bible Bookstore and he said that he may retire after the dust settles, and leave it for someone else.
I have always wanted to own a Christian bookstore with a section for Apostolic materials to be brought in. I am praying about it.
There may be great opportunities to reach people in a greater measure when the crisis passes and the restrictions end.
Some will be the Eady to take advantage of the opportunities, most won't.
I want to o be ready.

What about you?
What do you see?
Old 04-04-2020, 04:00 PM
Registered Member

Re: Positive Results Of Covid 19.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
What with all the chaos and disruption this Virus and the response to it has caused havoc all over the world. Nevertheless, I was talking to the Lord and he said to look for the positive. What's positive?
Let's look at some, most if not all public events have been cancelled. These include pride events cancelled, weird fringe festivals cancelled. 4/20 events cancelled. More people are feeling desperate and looking to God for the answers they need.
I live in a city that is the second most expensive city in the world. There isn't a single detached house in the city that is under a million dollars. A small wooden Church building with a parking lot sold in my neighborhood a couple of years ago for 9 million
We are a small congregation renting a Church building for a reasonable price, but the owners want to tear it down and build condos with a small room for their congregation inside. This Covid 19 crisis is shaking everyone and everything and that may be on hold.
There may be buildings coming open to purchase.
I talked to Greg an owner of a Bible Bookstore and he said that he may retire after the dust settles, and leave it for someone else.
I have always wanted to own a Christian bookstore with a section for Apostolic materials to be brought in. I am praying about it.
There may be great opportunities to reach people in a greater measure when the crisis passes and the restrictions end.
Some will be the Eady to take advantage of the opportunities, most won't.
I want to o be ready.

What about you?
What do you see?
I have thought about this. Maybe it will (and obviously has been) a catalyst to incentivize pastors to preach over the internet. Some pastors have resisted the internet, and have actually preached against using it for anything. I have noticed that some of these same preachers are now preaching on the internet that they previously preached against using. I think this could be a big positive result. I believe people may hear the gospel that wouldn’t otherwise, because they wouldn’t attend church.
Old 04-04-2020, 04:40 PM
Covenant Apostolic

I'm thankful that we are seeing the flaws in how we do business, and believe this will result in returning jobs to the US.
Old 04-04-2020, 04:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
I'm thankful that we are seeing the flaws in how we do business, and believe this will result in returning jobs to the US.
Somebody said God is a hitting the reset button on the World. I believe it is also hit the rest button on the economy. It will look different than it did when Covid 19 reared its ugly head and that isn't always a bad thing.
Old 04-05-2020, 11:42 PM
On the road less traveled

I definitely believe there will be positive outcomes to this whole thing. I pray it will be in the form of people repenting, and turning to the Lord.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:23 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
I definitely believe there will be positive outcomes to this whole thing. I pray it will be in the form of people repenting, and turning to the Lord.
That is the bottom line. Alas, I fear it may be like 9/11 where are assistant Pastor at the time said, people will be flocking to Church now.
Sadly it didn't happen, at least in our city it didn't.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:26 AM
Registered Member

One positive is that we are finding out that we can live on lots less.

Haven't bought many new clothes, (two pairs of cowgirl boots for some little girls who reside in this residence), since this started and the family is not running around naked. Actually we all dress pretty good still.

Seems like all the things we thought we had to buy before have really not been necessary.

Picking up food as we need it, paid off all the debt except for my house, sitting pretty good actually.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:35 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
One positive is that we are finding out that we can live on lots less.

Haven't bought many new clothes, (two pairs of cowgirl boots for some little girls who reside in this residence), since this started and the family is not running around naked. Actually we all dress pretty good still.

Seems like all the things we thought we had to buy before have really not been necessary.

Picking up food as we need it, paid off all the debt except for my house, sitting pretty good actually.
Amen! One of our favorite shopping places is called BC boutique. You may know it as Value Village. My oldest daughter works at a Salvation Army thrift store while going to post secondary school, so we also get a family 50% discount.
When I turned 55 last year I went to a place called Shoppers Drug Mart and the cashier said, it's Thursday, would you like your seniors discount, I just grinned and said sure. I then realized I was a senior and that it crept up on me.😀