Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-05-2008, 11:46 AM
Scripture > Tradition

Learn to win souls next month - Houston area

How many times have you heard a speaker say "We need to win the lost!" rah rah rah or on the more negative end "If you haven't won a soul lately your (fill in the blank)".

I always hated those sermons since they never sat down and explain the methodology of how to share your faith and disciple someone. Its hard to whoop when someone is doing a nuts and bolts training and it doesn't fit into a "camp time" sermon.

We just had Tim Downs who is a UPC evangelist (if you havent heard of him you will soon based on his results) agree to make time on his schedule and come April 9-13th , 2008 to Harvest Temple UPC in Baytown (South East Houston). (which is a whole miracle story since he was booked until late 2008)

This guy is a real hitter, he doesnt just do sermons that cheerlead, he goes out until midnight from Wednesday to Sunday and wins ALOT of people right next to the saints, he does a combo of training sessions and spends hours and hours going out and doing the work. He gets out there and work along side the teams of saints during the 5 days. When it comes to work ethic he is amazing.

If you are a independent or non-UPC and would be interested please don't be scared of asking if you can join us and help out, our ministerial staff has a mix of different brands of apostolic (and its ok!). If you want to come and help and learn with no strings attached contact me and I'll gladly get you the info.

This is a good opportunity to get both session and real life training on how to witness to folks on the street and take them back to get baptized. He literally forces the churches to keep the water warm since he is baptizing folks the entire time he is here.. hes a monster soul winner.

You can visit our site at www.HarvestInBaytown.org or you can call me at 281-235-6630 if you are interested in learning while you help.

Once again I stress this is open to everyone UPC or not.

Here are some true numbers of what he has done since December of 2007 (last 4 months)

Louisville, KY - Rev. Hollis
150 First Time Guests / 46 Baptized

Palm Coast, FL - Rev. Brumfield (super small home missions church)
69 First Time Guests / 20 Baptized

Aberdeen, MS - Rev. Jerrod Jones
108 First Time Guests / 19 Baptized

Spring Texas - Rev. Hepner
99 First Time Guests / 29 Baptized

Seattle, WA - Pastor Warren
117 First Time Guests, 17 Baptized

Valdosta, GA - Pastor Gowan
281 First Time Guests, 24 Baptized

Snellgrove, GA - Bishop Donald / Pastor Mark Abernathy
265 First Time Guests, 64 Baptized
Old 03-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Scripture > Tradition

Re: Learn to win souls next month - Houston area

i didnt even realize he was on here
Old 03-05-2008, 12:53 PM
God's Son

I will beat some imbicile to the punch. How many of them will stay?

The next step is to train people how to disicple and mentor these new people in basic christianity 101.

I'm happy about the results. A td for TD. Keep up the great work.

Legalism has no pity on people. Legalism makes my opinion your burden, makes opinion your boundary, makes my opinion your obligation-Lucado

Some get spiritual because they see the light. Others because they feel the heat.Ray Wylie Hubbard

Definition of legalism- Damned if you do. Damned if you don't. TV
Old 03-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Banned

Learn how to win souls ? Learn to preach,faith comes by hearing ,hearing the word of God.It must be the truth because perverted word don't give faith.That's why we have so many leave the church all the time.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:04 PM
^ = A_Post-Modern

I heard he went to CLC and they had 10,000 get saved.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. It's my bitter, disgruntled spirit coming out again. I have to air out my grievances at least once a week to keep the wounds fresh.
"Most human beings are not able to stand the message of the shaking of foundations. They reject and attack the prophetic minds, not because they really disagree with them, but because they sense the truth of their words and cannot receive it." Paul Tillich
Old 03-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_PoMo View Post
I heard he went to CLC and they had 10,000 get saved.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. It's my bitter, disgruntled spirit coming out again. I have to air out my grievances at least once a week to keep the wounds fresh.
Pelathais does that occasionally as well. Try to resist the broadbrushing, though, it becomes extremely annoying!
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 03-05-2008, 01:10 PM
Scripture > Tradition

well... I have a 16 week followup system, a new convert training program setup, and i have been training bible study teachers to help out. I understand what some are saying, but I think your guns are pointed in the wrong direction on this thread.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Scripture > Tradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelel View Post
Learn how to win souls ? Learn to preach,faith comes by hearing ,hearing the word of God.It must be the truth because perverted word don't give faith.That's why we have so many leave the church all the time.
I have no clue as to what your trying to say.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:12 PM
^ = A_Post-Modern

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
Pelathais does that occasionally as well. Try to resist the broadbrushing, though, it becomes extremely annoying!
yeah, but when i got specific and named names and specific documents and instances i was crucified for it. i guess i'll just have to go back to my closet and pick my scabs in private.
"Most human beings are not able to stand the message of the shaking of foundations. They reject and attack the prophetic minds, not because they really disagree with them, but because they sense the truth of their words and cannot receive it." Paul Tillich
Old 03-05-2008, 01:14 PM
^ = A_Post-Modern

Hey, this is great. I apologize for being facetious. I think this great. Anything that is a benefit for the kingdom is ok by me and I wish them all the blessings of God.