Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Sunday School > Soul Winners Haven
Facebook

Notices

Soul Winners Haven Discuss soul winning topics here.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:16 AM
Invisible Thad

The Next Great Revival Will Not Be WHITE?????

According to a new article from Charisma online, Their Predictions and Prophecies are that the Next great spiritual Awakening and revival will not be amongst caucasions. DO you agree or disagree with this ?
Old 05-07-2007, 09:25 AM
just lurking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
According to a new article from Charisma online, Their Predictions and Prophecies are that the Next great spiritual Awakening and revival will not be amongst caucasions. DO you agree or disagree with this ?
Who cares? Seeing people fall in love with Jesus is all that matters!
Old 05-07-2007, 09:30 AM
Brother Strange

I do not agree. To say that any revival is exclusively among one race or another is nuts...that includes Chrisma too.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:38 AM
Sheltiedad

statistically it makes sense since caucasians are becoming the minority, at least where I live.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:49 AM
Registered Member

Caucasians should reproduce more...you know, enjoy the good things in life. Then they will become the majority and be able to have revival.

Whatevah.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Beautiful are the feet......

Maybe what they're trying to say is that the next revival probably won't be in the US.
Step By Step - Day By Day

Quote:
Some of the greatest moves of God - revivals if you want to use that term - that have taken place in my lifetime have occurred among people of other races i.e. China, and other parts of Asia such as the Philippines, Korea parts of Indonesia and then on other continents like parts of Africa, Central America, & South America.

God is no respecter of persons the Scripture says and so He won't withhold or pour out His Spirit based on nationality and skin colour. It's just that there are times and seasons in the plan of God and just because what has happened in some places on the globe hasn't happened here doesn't mean it won't.

We don't always know what all God is doing anyhow and oftentimes aren't willing to accept what He's doing either.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
I disagree...sort of. I think there is a great revival coming to America but I think it will be in places like Baptist churchs.

back home, the baptist church where my baptist family goes, has gotten real antimated with their worship. I accused them of being Bapticostal and they agreed!

I would not be supprised if the whole church gets the holy ghost.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:57 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Revival in post Christian America? It does make sense to me. Most have abandoned their roots and given the right catalyst they know where to turn when the going gets really tough.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 05-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Bro. Y, I'll never forget...

Quote:
it will be among those who are the most hungry for relationship with God and the moving of His Spirit.... color is irrelevant....

"You don't need a license to preach, or teach, or win souls." RonB

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing. ~ John Andrew Holmes