Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 03-26-2020, 01:56 AM
Covenant Apostolic

prayers for The LIfe Church of Glenview

Here is the facebook post from Sister Layna Showalter LoCascia detailing their Churches sickness with CV19

Layna Showalter LoCascio
8 hrs ·

Covid19. Yes. We have it. How do you tell people what it’s like? We have 43 infected (at minimum) from our church or connected to our church from our last service on March 15th. They all haven’t tested but whoever gets a test done ends up being positive, and we all have the same symptoms. It’s just not easy. It’s especially not easy when you’re a leader and a pastor of a precious church and we all got infected together. One of the main pillars in our church, who has cancer, is in the hospital with pneumonia and a blood infection and pancreatic cancer and Covid19. He is not doing good. He’s in ICU and on a ventilator. My husband is tore up about it! SO torn up! He’s been so sick as well, but i posted on a precious pastor’s wives page a day & 1/2 ago and 12 hours later (by yesterday afternoon) he was able to get up and then became much better! He’s not well yet. It’s been 11 days straight of fever and sickness. He still has fever, and now a cough but he’s able to walk and talk and eat at least. (It had gotten so bad he asked me to check on his life insurance, poor thing.) Without the prayers of precious people all over the nation praying, we might would’ve had a different scenario. We must keep praying! All of us! People are not out of the woods. We’re not out of the woods yet. It’s not easy. If it was just our family, it would be so much easier to deal with but when it’s effected so so many in our church, it’s just so hard. Precious Rev Eli Hernández preached for us that day. We had just come from a ministers conference in Chicagoland, Passing the Mantle, March 12-13. Little did we all know (leaders from our church and my husband and and I and Bro Hernández & his family), little did we know that we were probably infected with Covid19. So, March 15th, Sunday we had invited so many guests & members. We all knew it was the last service before the lockdown. So many beautiful things happened! People filled with the Holy Spirit and we even had miracles. He even preached about faith! (Bro Hernandez.) But now...now he is at the hospital with pneumonia and under sedation, not doing good. What can I say? Do I give up my faith? Do I look straight into the eyes of what appears to be the most dreaded situation that could ever come of this? We had invited VISITORS! They got sick! They also ended up actually being so touched by God that their lives will also never be the same. They’ve even told me that they wouldn’t exchange it, they said, even with Covid19. (Sweet precious people!!! ��) So...what do I say? I have pleaded with God, I have begged God, I have BEGGED Him for MERCY and that others would be healed. It steadily has gotten worse, so it seems, at least for many. Do I STOP trusting the Lord God Almighty? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Because I KNOW my God! I KNOW His Nature! My very own sweet precious mother (and probably father too) ended up getting infected and now Momma is home with a bad cough and in bed. I could sit and FRET and WORRY (and believe me, I’ve done my fair share of that), and I could just let my spirit within me DIE, ORRRR I could just make the choice to say, “I KNOW MY GOD!!!!” And my God says ‘I will be WITH YOU’!!! My God is MORE than enough to supply all of my needs, all of OUR needs! Even if He is as SILENT as can be right now, I KNOW I’ve heard His voice before and I KNOW I will hear His voice AFTER!!! He told US!!! HE TOLD US WERE GOING TO THE OTHER SIDE!!!! I don’t care how hard the storm seems in this “sea of Galilee”. He has PROMISED my church dynamic end time revival! He has PROMISED us that we would be a healing place! I will not BOW! I will NOT BOW to FEAR! I will NOT bow to DREAD and discouragement! I will NOT BOW TO THIS GOLIATH! I will RISE UP like David did. Even if I have to PUSH DOWN Goliath with my SHEILD of FAITH. I will pray! I will seek God! And when I’ve done all I can do, I will STAND!!!
#Covid19willnotbeatus
*thank you to all my dear precious sisters in Christ (pastors wives) who have prayed. I am so so grateful and thankful to you for helping us so much in prayer. I am nothing. Y’all picked me up off the floor and literally put LIFE back into me, and into my husband as well. We NEED EACH OTHER! I couldn’t do it without y’all, and without friends. I am so so deeply grateful. ������

Last edited by Amanah; 03-26-2020 at 01:59 AM.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:21 AM
Registered Member

Re: prayers for The LIfe Church of Glenview

This really bothers me, but I'm praying for them.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:59 AM
Jesus is the only Lord God

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
This really bothers me, but I'm praying for them.
What part bothers you?
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)
Old 03-26-2020, 10:07 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGBTG View Post
What part bothers you?
1) That they would continue having church and people who obviously were sick went anyway. Now there's at least two in very critical condition.

2) That in spite of doing what was believed to be right and Godly, several dozen are sick and at least two very critical. I know it rains on the just and unjust, but I read where the children of Israel were kept from the plagues upon Egypt. You would think the safe place would be in church worshiping God.

I'm just thinking out loud.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
1) That they would continue having church and people who obviously were sick went anyway. Now there's at least two in very critical condition.

2) That in spite of doing what was believed to be right and Godly, several dozen are sick and at least two very critical. I know it rains on the just and unjust, but I read where the children of Israel were kept from the plagues upon Egypt. You would think the safe place would be in church worshiping God.

I'm just thinking out loud.
Children of Israel also quarantined when there was a spreading plague.

We are still having church, but encouraging anyone who is particularly at risk or who may be sick to stay at home.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:41 PM
On the road less traveled

I will be praying for this church family.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:21 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
Children of Israel also quarantined when there was a spreading plague.

We are still having church, but encouraging anyone who is particularly at risk or who may be sick to stay at home.
Stay at home so the elders can go there.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Stay at home so the elders can go there.
We have elders still coming.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:40 PM
Registered Member

Honestly, I’m beyond criticizing any church or pastor in how they are handling this thing. We need to be praying for each other that God will give us all wisdom and direction to navigate through this, while trusting God and reaching for souls.

I just hope those that have opted to video livestream will not continue the trend after this is over.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:21 PM
of 9!! :)

Lifting this church family in prayer.