Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Go Dodgers!

How are your fruits growing?

Sometimes in our group we have those that emphasize outward appearences as "Holiness" when in reality Holiness is an inward change.

I was thinking though how Jesus said make the inside of the cup clean first so the outside will be clean ALSO.

The true test of our spiritual condition is the fruit we produce. How is your spiritual tree? It's not the gifts. It's not any external thing you can put your finger on like music but it's the fruit. If you want to know the condition of your spiritual tree compare yourself to the FRUIT of the Spirit. These should be the result of a true inward change.

But even how we dress, how we act all that are not what makes us holy. Certainly though we should want to dress modestly...we want to dress "uncarnal", but just because someone looks "the standard" does not mean they are producing the fruit of the spirit. This is the problem I have with the word 'standard'. I've seen plenty of people that 'look' pentecostal and even talked a good talk, but the fruit was lacking.

Real standards should be the fruit of the Spirit. I fear using dress and hair and jewelry as a standard can be misleading to ourselves. Outward standards can become almost like a mask hiding a heart that has issues because as long as they look holy to us there is no question they are holy.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:25 PM
Registered Member

Re: How are your fruits growing?

I have one lemon and a whole lot of leaves... looking good though.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:30 PM
Saved & Shaved

The plums shrank and are now prunes. Not enough water or something
Old 07-29-2008, 03:31 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Murphy View Post
I have one lemon and a whole lot of leaves... looking good though.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:26 PM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Sometimes in our group we have those that emphasize outward appearences as "Holiness" when in reality Holiness is an inward change.

I was thinking though how Jesus said make the inside of the cup clean first so the outside will be clean ALSO.

The true test of our spiritual condition is the fruit we produce. How is your spiritual tree? It's not the gifts. It's not any external thing you can put your finger on like music but it's the fruit. If you want to know the condition of your spiritual tree compare yourself to the FRUIT of the Spirit. These should be the result of a true inward change.
But even how we dress, how we act all that are not what makes us holy. Certainly though we should want to dress modestly...we want to dress "uncarnal", but just because someone looks "the standard" does not mean they are producing the fruit of the spirit. This is the problem I have with the word 'standard'. I've seen plenty of people that 'look' pentecostal and even talked a good talk, but the fruit was lacking.

Real standards should be the fruit of the Spirit. I fear using dress and hair and jewelry as a standard can be misleading to ourselves. Outward standards can become almost like a mask hiding a heart that has issues because as long as they look holy to us there is no question they are holy.
Good post!

The fruit of the Spirit will only be made manifest if that tree truly has the
sap (Spirit) flowing through it!

The manifestation will come out of the inside. That's where the "sap" is. The "Sap", or Holy Spirit flows inside the "tree", but is manifested on the outside.
What is the sign the Spirit is inside. And how do we know that tree is bringing forth "fruit of the Spirit! By what comes out our mouths, attitudes, our words, whether typed, spoken, written, etc.

Also our actions! What we do, where we go, etc., etc. We will have love, joy, peace, longsuffering, goodness, meekness, gentleness, faith, and temperance.

(Psalms 104:16),
"The trees of the LORD are full of sap; the cedars of Lebanon, which he hath planted".

(Isaiah 61:3),
"To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil
of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be
called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified".

What is Jesus building His Church with! "Trees of righeousness, the planting
of the LORD, that HE might be glorified".

Blessings,

Falla39
Old 07-29-2008, 05:29 PM

You know I just thought of something. AFF is helping me grow my fruit.

Every fruit tree or plant requires manure and fertilizer at the bottom of the roots, and that is exactly what AFF is sometimes.

LOL!!!
Old 07-29-2008, 05:32 PM
Administrator

I am sad to say that this year my wife did not plant her usual tomatos. Normally we would be inundated with fantastic vine grown ripe tomatos about now but instead I am left buying them at the store.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 07-29-2008, 05:43 PM
Forever Loved Admin

I hope mine are growing well. I was thinking about longsuffering yesterday. One of the definitions is: patiently eduring lasting offense or hardship. I am going through something that is teaching me longsuffering, and faith.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 07-29-2008, 05:44 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Our peach and fig trees are starting to produce.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 07-29-2008, 06:38 PM
delete account

Pomegranites are ripe and ready to harvest