Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 05-30-2008, 10:44 AM
Dr. Vaughn

Re: What really happened at Pentecost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
Ain't you never seen someone have a Holy Ghost fit at Wal-Mart? Who says ya have to have music playing?
Afraid I havn't my brother.....

Paul said when I was a child I spake as a child.. in our case we ran around the church.... but the church must come into maturity.. it must learn to shut up, sit down..... quit overiding the message..... learn what you did not know about Jesus before you came... quit hoping a visitor will show and get saved... quit being lazy and waiting on a preacher to win the lost.. when thats not his job.. his job is to perfect saints... so the saints might win the lost...... this is the level of maturity the Apostle was hoping for in our churches.. I see nothing wrong for espousing those things.. for reaching for a much more mature level in God...
Old 05-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Dr. Vaughn

Would someone please tell me what Glory God is receiving with Sis. Whahutchia over in the corner giving everybody a good shout show... trust me folks... I been there.. everyone watching her get her flesh on.... or her dance on... while everyone smiles and watches her..... I want you to know that is real WORSHIP
Old 05-30-2008, 10:48 AM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vaughn View Post
Afraid I havn't my brother.....

Paul said when I was a child I spake as a child.. in our case we ran around the church.... but the church must come into maturity.. it must learn to shut up, sit down..... quit overiding the message..... learn what you did not know about Jesus before you came... quit hoping a visitor will show and get saved... quit being lazy and waiting on a preacher to win the lost.. when thats not his job.. his job is to perfect saints... so the saints might win the lost...... this is the level of maturity the Apostle was hoping for in our churches.. I see nothing wrong for espousing those things.. for reaching for a much more mature level in God...
As long as the church is winning souls, there will always be babes in Christ. There has to be room enough for everyone.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:04 AM
Dr. Vaughn

and those babes will only mimick what they see... hopefully they will see a church of mature.. WORD LOVING,, and reverent adults for which they might mold themselves
Old 05-30-2008, 11:08 AM

Quote:
and those babes will only mimick what they see... hopefully they will see a church of mature.. WORD LOVING,, and reverent adults for which they might mold themselves
Brother, what does the scripture that talks about fire being shut up in your bones mean to you? There's nothing whatsoever wrong with having a good time praising the Lord during a church service. Nothing wrong with dancing, clapping hands, running the aisles, rolling on the flo, givin your brother a high five cause you're so happy to be in church Praising His name!! Nothing wrong with any of that.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:11 AM
Registered Member

I have been in many services through the years where there was shouting and demostration without any music whatsoever.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:12 AM
Dr. Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
Brother, what does the scripture that talks about fire being shut up in your bones mean to you? There's nothing whatsoever wrong with having a good time praising the Lord during a church service. Nothing wrong with dancing, clapping hands, running the aisles, rolling on the flo, givin your brother a high five cause you're so happy to be in church Praising His name!! Nothing wrong with any of that.
If its not scriptural, its wrong.. if it was not in the early church then we have added to the Word of God
Old 05-30-2008, 11:13 AM
Dr. Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
I have been in many services through the years where there was shouting and demostration without any music whatsoever.
Care to compare them with the number thats just the opposite.....

So you have seen the Apostolic Shoe Slide... without music????

You know what I mean.... hardwood floor platform.... sliding back and forth real fast to "wrapped up tied up, tangled all up in Jesus"

Youve seen the N. Little Rock HOEDOWN without Music?
Old 05-30-2008, 11:15 AM

Quote:
If its not scriptural, its wrong.. if it was not in the early church then we have added to the Word of God
I don't anyone preaches exuberant worship as a doctrine. However, I can find scripture for lots of things that happen during a church service. I am working right now, having to post in between phone calls, but I can find some of them for you, if you'd like.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:17 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Care to compare them with the number thats just the opposite.....

So you have seen the Apostolic Shoe Slide... without music????

You know what I mean.... hardwood floor platform.... sliding back and forth real fast to "wrapped up tied up, tangled all up in Jesus"

Youve seen the N. Little Rock HOEDOWN without Music?
I have been in services where nearly everyone in the house was doing something without a lick of music.

However when the prodigal came home there was music and dancing that is the first thing the elder heard that he didn't like. Your not the eldest son are yuo? He was against it unless it was about him.