Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Nursery > The Grandparents Guild
Facebook

Notices

The Grandparents Guild A Gathering Place for the Grandparents of AFF

Old 07-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Christmas 2009

Re: PRAY for PO's Daughter and Grandson

PO--I've been out of town with no computer and just saw all this. I'll be praying for your daughter and grandson!
Old 07-10-2010, 10:55 AM
Registered Member

Thanks for the updates! Does your daughter have a name picked? I wonder if your Grandson realizes that he has a wonderful Grandma & Grandpa with a connection to God's throne room?
Looking forward to the pics when delivery time comes.

Remember, an old Prophets wife told us for the birth of our kids, "Put your hand on the Mom's stomach and tell God want you want---watch God undertake!"
Old 07-10-2010, 10:56 AM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
The ultra-sound is showing he is 6 lbs. As I wrote in the post to Renda, she is saying that if the pains she is feeling now keep up, she won't be able to endure. Please pray that she won't need a c-section! But, if the baby is healthy, it won't matter one way or the other. Just wish she wouldn't have to have it. The way this pregnancy has been going, I wouldn't say this to her, but I do fear she will have to have one.
My experience in childbirth was that when I got to the place where
I thought I could go further, I remember my mother's words, "When
you get to the place you feel you can not bear anymore pain, you
are fixing to be delivered"!
I passed this on to my daughters when
they were going to be mothers. They said when the pain got so intense,
they thought of those words and knew God would soon bring deliverence.
And HE did! Every time!

Remember the Red Sea experience. When Moses and the children of
Israel came to the place THEY could go no further, suddenly GOD
opened up a way out! Sweet deliverance! He makes a way where there
seems no way!

I had two nine pound boys, and they were my easiest and shortest labor,
births. God makes the way out of any place/situation we trust Him with.

Falla39
Old 07-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Thanks! I'm always glad to hear these type of reports. Had someone tell me that yesterday. It's just that it has taken so long for her to get pregnant, that I can't help but have some concern. I'm just hoping that she can deliver naturally without a c-section. Please pray for that!
P.O. - I totally understand where you are coming from. It took a while (not as long as your daughter) to get pregnant with the first one. Normal pregnancy and delivery. However, I lost two babies after that. When I went into early labor with the next one, I was so scared - but God is faithful. We did have to leave him two extra days in the hospital, but after that there was never any problems. "Concern" can be healthy - but with that concern comes a trust in God that He has all things in control. He has known that baby boy from the time he was formed in your daughter's womb! Praying for the Peace-speaker to minister to all of you in a very special way!

I know the Peace-speaker, I know Him by my name
I know the Peace-speaker, He controls the winds and waves
When He says "peace, be still", they have to obey
I´m glad I know the Peace-speaker, yes I know Him by name
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
Old 07-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Thank you all so much for your prayers. I knew that if I had one moment to post, you would pray. When she called crying, I was pretty panicked.

I'm sorry that I am just getting home and updating. Renda, I see that you've called while I was away. I'm so tired, I hope you will forgive me if I don't call you back tonight. I'm going to post this and log out, take an aspirin, a shower and hit the sack. I might have to get up in the middle of the night.

When your daughter has various IV's in her, lifts her little hand and looks at you with those big blue eyes saying, "Please don't leave me." Well, you are, at that point not going anywhere. Sweet little girl!

So, the update: She is 34 weeks, maybe 35, they aren't sure. Leaning more toward 35, but wanting the lungs to develop a little more. Her midwife, by Texas law, cannot deliver unless she is 36 or 38 weeks, can't remember which it is. She is communicating with my daughter about what to allow and not allow.

Her water has broken, but her cervix has not opened enough. She has not lost all of her water and they are surprised at how much she has left after losing so much. They can't check her until she feels something is happening in order to risk further infection. They have given her an antibiotic, which has made her faint and vomit.

She had cramps yesterday and contractions (4 to 5 minutes apart) starting this morning around 7:00 am. They have allowed her to eat to stop her fainting and vomiting. They said the baby appears to be okay, (will know better after he is born) but they don't want to force any type of labor at this point. They would if she was further along, if she had a higher fever and infection and the baby was in distress.

Her mid-wife wants all cell phones on vibrate and she wants to have less visitors. I'm so tired from all the texting and phone calls.

One funny moment, when her contractions came she would say, "Embrace the pain. Love the pain." Her husband turned to me and said, "Did she just say, 'love the pain'?" LOL! Yes, she did. LOL!

I was staying at their house and walked by the baby's room. It's a little hard to think, "Are we going to bring this baby home?"

Anyway, thank you all again. I know you will continue to pray. I will, of course, post when I have more updates or try to text Renda. I just didn't have the time to text outside of all that was coming through and going on.

She does close on another house on the 16th! Her Broker will take care of that for her. That is wonderful for them! AND I wish I had not started ripping my kitchen floor up. I thought I had time, now I just have a mess! I threw an 8x10 area rug over it. Hides a bit. My husband, of course, is well never mind...... Poor Mr. Pressing-On! LOL!

Good night! Love you all and thanks, again, so much. Please let him be healthy, Jesus!
PO, I'm so glad you stayed with her. I remember my first miscarriage, I was only 21 or 22 scared to death, and my Mom wouldn't go to the hospital with me. It was just my husband and I, and I was laying there nearly dying.

PO I truly believe everything is going to be alright. This storm will pass before you know it.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Registered Member

I've been gone all week, and I'm just now learning this. I'm praying...PO, I believe everything is going to be ok! I'm also praying for you...
Old 07-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the updates! Still praying and believing that all will be well.
Old 07-10-2010, 08:02 PM
My Family!

Pray!!!! Her daughter is in labor and will be having the baby!
Old 07-10-2010, 08:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Pray!!!! Her daughter is in labor and will be having the baby!
Thanks for the update! I am praying!
Old 07-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Registered Member

Praying here!!!

"You will be hated for my sake-Just remember that it should be for MY sake and not YOURS-
Do NOT act in such a way as to be offensive, and then blame it on me"

Love, God