Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-03-2018, 02:59 PM
Registered Member

Re: Sandy Hook Parents Sue Alex Jones for Defamati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Family is the center of American life
Family is the center of everyday American life. Our parents are our first protectors, first teachers, first role models, and first friends. Parents know that America’s great reward is the quiet but incomparable satisfaction that comes from building their families a better life. Strong families, blessed with opportunity, guided by faith, and filled with dreams are the heart of a strong America.
Source: The Democratic Platform for America, p.27 , Jul 10, 2004
Source: 2004 Democratic Platform.

The last Democratic Platform from 2016 did not include this, it appears this was removed with the 2008 party platform.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Not bad.

Good one.
It was a good one. Unfortunately, the Democrats removed this in 2008 and have worked to undermine the nuclear family ever since.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:03 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
Gay guy at false flag pulse night club shooting is now a Christian.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-...christ-n870541
step in the right direction
Old 05-03-2018, 04:34 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
It was a good one. Unfortunately, the Democrats removed this in 2008 and have worked to undermine the nuclear family ever since.
that is what I thought when I found it. Dems have moved drastically farther left.
Old 05-03-2018, 04:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
that is what I thought when I found it. Dems have moved drastically farther left.
Very far left.

In 2004, most Democrats believed and supported that marriage was between a man and a woman.

That's how far they've moved.

In the name of diversity, equality and inclusion, Democrats have worked to undermine the role of father and mother, male and female.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:19 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Very far left.

In 2004, most Democrats believed and supported that marriage was between a man and a woman.

In the name of diversity, equality and inclusion, Democrats have worked to undermine the role of father and mother, male and female.
And the GOP has blustered and huffed and puffed and blown their own house in on this and other social issues. Which is why Christians and other social conservatives need an alternative to the dead elephant party. Otherwise, we get things like McRomneybama.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 05-04-2018, 08:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Here in Ohio, we have quite a few Mid-West Democrats. A lot of blue collar union workers. Hard working family men. Men who drive pickups, own guns, and listen to country music. They are nothing like the leftwing, soy drinking, transgendered vegans, that some seem to think of when one speaks of Democrats.

I've not encountered a Democrat politician or policy that has actually "hurt" a family. I do know some that were effected negatively by the Obamacare mandate, but that was because their state legislatures didn't participate in the market exchanges, which jacked up their health insurance costs significantly.

I know that Republicans traditionally argue that the wedge issues like gay marriage hurt the family. But I think lower wages, lack of adequate health insurance, union busting, and a tax code that essentially rewards corporations that move production overseas for cheap labor hurt families far more than gay marriage ever can or will. In fact, as families struggle to make ends meet, report lower and lower incomes, struggle with health problems they can't afford to address, and lose jobs to markets overseas... the Republicans seem to blame things like immigrants and gay marriage. What is really hurting families are things like both parents having to work full time to survive, all because wages haven't been raised in over 17 years to accommodate cost of living.

Can you give me an example of how a Democrat or Democratic policy has hurt American families?
Old 05-04-2018, 08:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
And the GOP has blustered and huffed and puffed and blown their own house in on this and other social issues. Which is why Christians and other social conservatives need an alternative to the dead elephant party. Otherwise, we get things like McRomneybama.
"McRomneybama"! LOL
Old 05-04-2018, 08:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Very far left.

I don't believe the government should be in the business of telling us who we can or cannot marry. Government should regulate corporate power, protect the boarders, and manage an economy that serves as an engine to benefit the average American, not just the most wealthy in a society.

But, that's just me.
Old 05-04-2018, 08:20 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Can you give me an example of how a Democrat or Democratic policy has hurt American families?
it's more profitable to be an unwed mother than to be married.

human life is not valued. my coworker would string you up if you accidently ran over a turtle in the road, but hisses and spits if you mention you are pro life.