Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-18-2018, 07:03 AM
Registered Member

God Inhabits the praises of His people

People say "God Inhabits the praises of His people."
Where is this scripture and why is this spoken as though it's a scripture? If it is one enlighten me, but what is thr origins of this? And why is it spoken as common knowledge when it's not there? This is the only thing I can find close to it:
Psalms 22:3 "But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel."

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 10-18-2018, 07:42 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: God Inhabits the praises of His people

God is drawn to us when we offer a sacrifice of praise.

Hebrews 13:15
Romans 12:1
1 Kings 18:38
Old 10-18-2018, 07:54 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
People say "God Inhabits the praises of His people."
Where is this scripture and why is this spoken as though it's a scripture? If it is one enlighten me, but what is thr origins of this? And why is it spoken as common knowledge when it's not there? This is the only thing I can find close to it:
Psalms 22:3 "But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel."
"I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God." Exodus 6:7

"'So you will be my people, and I will be your God.'" Jeremiah 30:22

"As indeed he says in Hosea, “Those who were not my people I will call ‘my people,’ and her who was not beloved I will call ‘beloved.’” Romans 9:25

"Once you were not a people, but now you are God's people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.> I Peter 2:10
Old 10-18-2018, 07:58 AM
Registered Member

Who is Israel?
Old 10-18-2018, 08:04 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
Who is Israel?
the Ekklesia

Galatians 6:16 16Peace and mercy to all who follow this rule-to the Israel of God.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:38 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
the Ekklesia

Galatians 6:16 16Peace and mercy to all who follow this rule-to the Israel of God.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:16 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Its a old testament mindset that new testment saints follow.

When we are filled with His Spirit, that Spirit, HIS SPIRIT abides in us...it doesnt come and go.

2 Corinthians 6:16 King James Version (KJV)

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

WE are that temple.

If we are that temple, and it is not us but Christ that lives within us as the scripture says, why are we still talking like we are trying to get Him somewhere or get Him around us as if He is afar off?

Again....old testament mindset.

The worship and dedication that happened during the dedication of the temple is an old testament occurance that involved God living among His people but NOT in them and should NOT be modeled as a blueprint for our worship for the express purpose that it was a dedication for a physical building that God can reside...it was so that God could have a dwelling place in the midst of His people but His ULTIMATE plan was to be IN His people.

If He never leaves or forsakes us and He sticks closer than a brother and we have the infilling of His Spirit when we and we speak or sing of lacking God and wanting "more" or getting God to "come down" we speak in ignorance of what has occured to us as New Testament Spirit filled saints.

Its right there in scripture.

So its ignorance of scripture or "you" arent believing what is read.

I say "you" in a general sense.

Im not on a high horse about any of this...this is something Im having to process and unlearn myself as far as unlearning bad teaching and tradition.

If I speak as if He is far from me and isnt here I deny His word, His intent and His nature.

If people acknowledge that He is with them always and alive in them ALL THE TIME and not just on Sunday and Wednesday, they might have to just start acting like Him and letting Him walk and talk in them every day and with every situation instead of going to a certain location and waiting on a feeling before they acknowledge that He is there.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:33 AM
Covenant Apostolic

My personal experience is that I need to seek the LORD for fresh anointing on my life and to keep the flesh under submission. I need to be careful to walk after the Spirit and not after the flesh. Part of seeking after God, for me, is worship.

Acts 4:31 31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:30 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

We are never commanded to seek a fresh annointing...we ARE commanded to stir up the gift within us, and to be transformed by the renewing of our minds to the Word of God.

Stir up whats there...NOT to add to or replace as far as our Spirit is concerned and to renew our minds. Two separate issues. God doesnt go bad....we do when we dont keep our minds renewed.

Its not our spirit but the Spirit of Christ in us. God doesnt break down, go old and moldy.

Does God get stale and leave?

This isnt changing our socks.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:38 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
We are never commanded to seek a fresh annointing...we ARE commanded to stir up the gift within us, and to be transformed by the renewing of our minds to the Word of God.

Stir up whats there...NOT to add to or replace as far as our Spirit is concerned and to renew our minds. Two separate issues. God doesnt go bad....we do when we dont keep our minds renewed.

Its not our spirit but the Spirit of Christ in us. God doesnt break down, go old and moldy.

Does God get stale and leave?

This isnt changing our socks.
This one and your first post on this thread is spot on!! Best post an AFF in some time!