Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Rebel with a cause.

Re: Dr. Gerald Jeffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostolicRob View Post
It also looks from your post that it seems that you are doing a lot of bashing about a man that you have never meet or witnessed anything from? If you are claiming that you are receiving information from a preacher as you say. What kind of man of God is that who is spreading gossip about others. If someone is making a claim that they received something in council (which you never heard) and is telling everyone then how do you know their not blaming what happen in their family on someone else. Just a word of advice I would watch what I say about God's chosen when you never personally heard that person(Dr Jeffers) say what you are claiming. You don't want to be one of those people who talk bad about the prophets cause history through out the bible tells us it never worked out for anyone who has. My advice is if you don't know first hand don't say it or lead others to believe cause you are just being a stumbling block for your brothers.

We're all God's chosen, my friend.
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Old 12-06-2011, 10:20 AM
My Family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
The Antichrust and false prophet will decieve the world with "signs and wonders". Pharaohs magicians duplicated some of the plagues that God performed in Egypt. The witch of Endor was able to conjure Samuel's spirit. The devil can perform supernatural wonders, he does have some power. He cannot, however, bear the fruit of the Spirit. Jesus said we would know people and be able to judge them by their fruit, not by the miraculous. Christians should be very cautious with these matters. I'm afraid we have been too cavalier about supernatural manifestations. I believe in them, they've happened to me, I've witnessed things happen to others but I've also seen a lot that seemed questionable. And I've also seen a lot of people that gravitate to these types of things and many of them don't bear the kind of fruit that one should, being they are so close to God and used by Him, supposedly.
Good preaching!
Old 12-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Sister Alvear

so true...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 12-06-2011, 10:24 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
I've never met the man personally, so I probably shouldn't say anything. However, I have read official letters from our leaders....and I trust them. We need to pray for him...
Leaders? As in who? UPCI leaders? If so, we shouldn't expect you to believe anyone or anything else, especially if you haven't met him personally. But, I never met him personally. I witnessed him personally speak to the congregation. And it was at that time I sensed some discomfort coming from his spirit and what he was saying. As if his chin was touching his chest, staring down the congregation when he was speaking...

Unapologetically, NO ONE should ever tell the congregation "Oh, come on, you can cheer loudly at a football game. Why not cheer as loud or louder for Jesus in church?" as one of his first opening lines!!!
Old 12-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostolicRob View Post
Okay well Im not going to fight with anyone on this. This is Gods fight not mine we all know his word and if you want to keep bashing his anointed regardless of the mistakes you claim him to have made that up to you. He is a man of God and a Prophet so that is on your head because "life and death is in the tongue" hope you have a great day and hopefully I am not casting pearls among swine.

Bless
What many people forget is that "ministers" are not the only God's anointed.

Anybody who has received the Holy Ghost is likewise God's anointed. And...everybody who has the Holy Ghost has a ministry. There is nothing in the Bible that says we are to witness and bring them to the church to listen to the preacher only...unless they cannot read for themselves? Many people will not go into a church for various reasons, but they want to learn more about God.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Phelps View Post
What does a wedding ring signify?
The trinity.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Rebel with a cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kclee4jc View Post
The trinity.
I hope you're kidding!
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Old 12-07-2011, 05:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
The trinity.
Your goin to have to splain that Lucy.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:00 AM
Registered Member

Not kidding. When the wedding ring was first accepted as 'christian custom' it was placed on the thumb of the recipient at engagement. During the wedding it was moved to the next finger 'in the name of the father', the next 'in the name of the son', and finally landing on the ring finger 'in the name of the holy ghost'. I've posted on this before.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Not kidding. When the wedding ring was first accepted as 'christian custom' it was placed on the thumb of the recipient at engagement. During the wedding it was moved to the next finger 'in the name of the father', the next 'in the name of the son', and finally landing on the ring finger 'in the name of the holy ghost'. I've posted on this before.
Once again, another origins study on something that is no longer practiced in the same manner. I have yet to see the ring placed sequentially on each of the three fingers during any wedding ceremony. Was that practice ever done here in the States? Where are you originally from?

I think you simply read into too many things and take them way too far, better known as "extremism."

While we're on the study of origins, extremism has origins rooted in cults. But, you probably haven't read up on that, have you?

Back to the topic of Dr. Jeffers...