Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Christmas 2009

Re: Richard Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Dude, I can answer that! Richard Heard went charismatic! LOL!
Ferd--you have NO clue what Charismatic is, evidently! Everyone would say that about us too, and I hate that generalization. Charismatics as a whole do not believe in Jesus' name baptism. Most of them would have shofars blowing, flags waving, dancing in the aisles every service, etc. They usually have a very loose structure of worship and church government. Most of them do however have strict moral codes, but they are kind of a whole breed to themselves.

One more time let me say that just because you leave UPC, you do not "go Charismatic". We are independent, but we are not Charismatics. Richard Heard would not be considered Charismatic either, from what I've seen. He's just an independent Spirit filled church.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
Ferd--you have NO clue what Charismatic is, evidently! Everyone would say that about us too, and I hate that generalization. Charismatics as a whole do not believe in Jesus' name baptism. Most of them would have shofars blowing, flags waving, dancing in the aisles every service, etc. They usually have a very loose structure of worship and church government. Most of them do however have strict moral codes, but they are kind of a whole breed to themselves.

One more time let me say that just because you leave UPC, you do not "go Charismatic". We are independent, but we are not Charismatics. Richard Heard would not be considered Charismatic either, from what I've seen. He's just an independent Spirit filled church.
Why take away from the truth, Sherri.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Pot Stirrer

Quote:

Sherri that's only one branch of Charismatics. To Pentecostals, It's
also those who believe in tongues, gifts, healing but no baptism, rules
or dress code at all.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:48 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:

Sherri, I have never considered you charismatic. I dont agree with the direction you guys have gone. but I dont consider you charismatic.....

I hope that gives some solice. I have the capasity to see situations individually.

I will stand by the statement. especiallly when others quite close to the situation being considered agree.

PS, I think it is awesome that you guys have baptized so many of the last few weeks.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:51 PM
The LORD will fight for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by StMark View Post
A pastor's wife in TX that knew the people over that ministry
said they counceled a lot of young men who ended up in that
life and with AIDS who claimed they were turned out by preachers
at various events such as camp meetings, conferences, revivals.

Also, some folks on the right believe that incident was a sign
of judgment for what they did to Bro Free and for the direction
they took from what Bro Bean use to preach there
I mentioned last year about some PKs that I met at Ray's house who couldn't go home because of how the saints would react to them having AIDS. There was still a lot of ignorance and fear back then and it literally was heart breaking to see how families were torn apart. Let's just leave it at that...I don't want to talk about those unpleasant memories.

At the end of the day, people formed their own opinions and later gossiped about what happened at CT whether it lined up with the truth or not, Mark.

Isaiah 53:5: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."(KJV)

"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." Dwight L. Moody
Old 07-10-2008, 02:10 PM
The LORD will fight for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by StMark View Post
O boy, you gonna get Chosenbyone's blood pressure
out of wack ! !!
Hey, I just saw this post! Don't try and drag me into ANY political discussions here on AFF! You're right about my blood pressure, Mark. It is high enough without arguing about Obama and McCain!

Isaiah 53:5: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."(KJV)

"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." Dwight L. Moody
Old 07-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Registered Member

You whats really funny. Is that all of the people with different views about some of us leaving the UPCI. Are going to be shocked when were standing beside them in heaven.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosenbyone View Post
Hey, I just saw this post! Don't try and drag me into ANY political discussions here on AFF! You're right about my blood pressure, Mark. It is high enough without arguing about Obama and McCain!
Hey, I went to the doctor yesterday and my blood pressure was great!!!! Praise the Lord. Thankfully he doesn't know that I lost a pound. I always lose weight in the summertime.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 07-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Sorry for hi-jacking the thread.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 07-10-2008, 02:19 PM
GO CUBBIES!

richard heard preached at our church YEEEEEEARS ago. i will see if we have tapes.