Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 06-04-2007, 10:04 AM
Urban Pastor

Jentezen Franklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacerdotal View Post
He beats Jakes and Parsley?
Like I said - Jentezen is the most popular speaker on TBN at this time. His program is rated the number one program on TBN.

He has a new book being released tomorrow and it will make him millions. His staff is very protective of him and yes - he does keep the products close to him as not to lose revenue. He is a very smart businessman!
His wife (looks like a fashion model) is also a building contractor and builds million dollar homes around the lake in Gainesville. They are very secure financially and live very well.

He is also a giver. They have their own missionaries and missions programs and give millions every year to missions. I have seen him give checks of $50,000 to missionaries. He is a blessed man and will make tremendous sacrifices to pastor both churches. We love him and appreciate him very much.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:23 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaBishop View Post
I can assure you that Jentezen Franklin is the real deal. He pastors Free Chapel Worship Center in Gainesville, Georgia and has well over 8,000 come through the doors every Sunday.

He is also married and has 5 children. He has a jet that will get him from Gainesville to Orange County, CA - he says in 3 hours. So he will leave at 3 PM EST and get there at 3 PM and preach at 6 PM on Sunday nights in CA.
The church he is taking in California seats over 1000 and is appraised at $50 M and owes 5.5 M and has less that 200 people there.

He has the same style as Anthony Mangun and is a great man. The Tenney's were just there - preaching on Pentecost Sunday and many Hundreds were filled with the Holy Ghost. Free Chapel LOVES Bishop & Sister Tenney.

JF has books, tapes, videos, CDs, DVD's and I have no clue why you cannot find them. He is the most popular speaker on TBN at this time and is in demand around the world and speaks almost every night of the week to crowds of thousands.
Thank you!!
Old 06-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamor View Post
I agree. It can be done successfully if it's only temporary. But a pator cannot give 100% to two houses. Eventually a choice has to be made because it's like having a wife and a girlfriend at the same time. They both get jealous and a choice has to be made.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
I do not know the man and have heard very little about him so I have no personal opinion. But this idea is a recipie for disaster in his home and honestly his church. At the end neither church has a pastor. My thoughts.
I agree.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:46 AM
Administrator

AtlantaBishop,

I am not saying that JF is not the real deal. What I am saying is that there is a pattern over the last 20 years or so in America involving these mega ministries.

Extremely devoted and talented people experience mega success and it is hard to keep in context.

Pretty soon the ministry is treated as a Corporation and justifications are made for anything that is desired to happen.

I remember when Jim Bakker and other major TV ministers justified their enormous salaries and perks by hiring corporate consultants to rubber stamp it by saying it was comparable to what a CEO would be compensated in the Corporate world if he ran a company bringing in the same tens or hundreds of millions of dollars annually.

I am not one of those folks who thinks a pastor should not have a decent living but I am just saying that this level of success and adoration that goes with it is corruptive within itself and very few men or women can handle it.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Administrator

If I remember correctly most private jets run about $4000 per hour to operate and probably more now with fuel so expensive.

If it is three hours there and three hours back that is six hours per round trip or $24,000 per week. If JF takes two weeks off per year for vacation then 50 times he will be spending $24,000 just to pastor two churches on two opposite ends of the country. If my TN math is correct that is $1.2 million dollars that could have been spent much better in my humble opinon.

How about a million dollars to mentor young preachers so there will be plenty in the future and one won't have to spend a million dollars a year flying back and forth across the country to pastor two churches!
Old 06-04-2007, 11:12 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
If I remember correctly most private jets run about $4000 per hour to operate and probably more now with fuel so expensive.

If it is three hours there and three hours back that is six hours per round trip or $24,000 per week. If JF takes two weeks off per year for vacation then 50 times he will be spending $24,000 just to pastor two churches on two opposite ends of the country. If my TN math is correct that is $1.2 million dollars that could have been spent much better in my humble opinon.

How about a million dollars to mentor young preachers so there will be plenty in the future and one won't have to spend a million dollars a year flying back and forth across the country to pastor two churches!
The math is simple he is going to make millions from out there in California. So the measly 1.2 million to go back and forth is chump change.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:04 PM
Strange in a Strange Land...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaBishop View Post
He has the same style as Anthony Mangun and is a great man. The Tenney's were just there - preaching on Pentecost Sunday and many Hundreds were filled with the Holy Ghost. Free Chapel LOVES Bishop & Sister Tenney.
You got that right, ABishop. He is very similar to AM. Infact, if anyone is interested you can go on the StreamingFaith site or JentesenFranklin.org and see some messages that he have take the titles from AM and TFT.

One Sunday afternoon I was watching JF on TBN or one of the other channels and he told that how he sits on the board for Tommy Tenney's ministry. At one of the board meetings Tommy took him to the POA and JF met Sis. Vesta and Tommy asked JF if he minded if VM prayed for him. JF said he did not mind and VM prayed and JF said he has never felt such a power on a women of God. That she is such a praying women and she was plain awesome. He said the HG hit him so hard that he had a hardtime regaining composure. This was all in the parking lot after VM time during the 24 hr prayer chain.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:12 PM
preach59

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTULLOCK View Post
You got that right, ABishop. He is very similar to AM. Infact, if anyone is interested you can go on the StreamingFaith site or JentesenFranklin.org and see some messages that he have take the titles from AM and TFT.

One Sunday afternoon I was watching JF on TBN or one of the other channels and he told that how he sits on the board for Tommy Tenney's ministry. At one of the board meetings Tommy took him to the POA and JF met Sis. Vesta and Tommy asked JF if he minded if VM prayed for him. JF said he did not mind and VM prayed and JF said he has never felt such a power on a women of God. That she is such a praying women and she was plain awesome. He said the HG hit him so hard that he had a hardtime regaining composure. This was all in the parking lot after VM time during the 24 hr prayer chain.
He's a good preacher and the faith pass on Streaming Faith is free. It doesn't cost to go there.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:21 PM
Registered Member

I just bought Jentezen Franklin's book "Right People, Right Place, Right Plan." Haven't read it yet, but I was pleasantly surprised to see TF Tenney mentioned in the front of the book. In small paragraph for acknowledgements or thanks, JF mentions Tommy Tenney, TF Tenney and Steve Munsey as being great mentors for him. (not exact statement, but to that effect. I'll post the exact quote later.)