Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Registered Member

Where do you live, Sis. Alvear?
Old 05-02-2007, 11:03 PM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Great post Bro. Strange written in the articulate, fluent, passionate & prophetic manner that is uniquely yours.

"The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."

If the effectual fervent prayer of one righteous man availeth much then if hundreds of righteous men and women pray effectually and fervently surely there will be a righteous outcome. If we don't believe that then there's no sense in praying.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 05-03-2007, 04:37 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

If anything holds back the judgment of God on America its two things:

1.) The True Church (of which there are still significant numbers)

2.) Our friendship with and blessing of Israel (I will bless them that bless thee)

Wrath shall come for all of the abortion, perversion, corruption, murder, crime and greed---eventually, unless America repents. The Church must fall on her face and cry aloud, spare not and lift her voice like a trumpet. Great post!

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:25 AM
Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Strange View Post
How many times have you watched the sun set? Ever notice how rapid the decline of the sun once the bottom of the orb touches the horizon? I love to sit on a beach at sun-set to watch the sun as it slips very quickly below the horizon. Even after the sun sinks beneath the horizon, there is still some light for awhile as the horns of illumination rises up above the horizon.

I would ask all who know how to pray, to pray for our nation. The sunlight of freedom is sinking fast. Unless there be a divine act, to still the sun and to reverse it trek, we will soon be enslaved, as a nation, into total darkness, darkness worse than Stalin's Russia of the 1930s and 40s, worse than Chairman Mao Tse Tung's China of 1950s and 1960s. Life in Cambodia during the time of the Killing Fields can only compare for all who hold freedom dear and especially all who claim to be Christians.

The only preserving power is the power of the Spirit found in the church; a church that is alive and awake. Alas! Alas! The church in general has been deceived and rocked to sleep by blind leaders of the blind deceiving and being deceived who would rather have their ears tickled and who are gratified by ear tickling preaching rather than the clarion prophetic call from ecclesiastical iniquity.

Thanks to them, America, the land born of prayer, tears, blood, and righteousness, 'neath the mighty outstretched hand of God, is almost lost forever...yes, thanks to them. The voice of the Prophets, if there are any left, would not be welcome in the pulpits of this lusty prayerless age of instant gratification of self-loving leaders. They have been fairly well amputated from the body of Christ by fellowship loving, self-aggrandizing, deceiving leaders who themselves would not know how to recognize an Elijah or would they want to endure the presence of such a peculiar man of God. Don't expect to see one in the modern church's pulpit. They are not there. They are gone...maybe forever.

I beg all of you that have any power of prayer left in you at all...to pray. Call on your churches to pray. Call on your friends and neighbors to pray. Pray for this nation. Europe is already gone. There is no turning back for her. But there is still a little light left here. It is not too late for it to rise again, even from the Western horizon to shine again upon the land of the free. I have seen the sun ready to sink beneath the horizon of the distant sea...and I stood upon the sand of the sea.

In this pleasure mad, fellowship loving, itching ear church world, it would be impossible for you to comprehend the horrors that are soon to befall us all unless Jehovah-Sabaoth comes with his army to roll back the night that is soon to come. It would be impossible to imagine those pending horrors that are soon to come...soon to come. But, if God totally turns his back on us as a nation, seeing nothing worth salvaging, the zealots will come to try to save her, but like the zealots of Jerusalem during the time of Josephus as told by him, they will give their patriotic lives in death, but to no avail. You cannot imagine the horror that is upon us.

If you know anyone that can pray, call upon them to pray for our nation.

Bro. Strange
Great post Elder Strange...
Old 05-03-2007, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrford View Post
Bro. Strange,

What a thought provoking and spirit challenging post. I rarely try to post anything lenghty anymore but your words stirred me a great bit.

Jesus said in John 9:4 "I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work."

Contained in those few words we find the Savior Himself giving us an insight into the motivation for diligently doing a work for God. For years I have heard preachers say that "we are racing the rapture and that the world is on a collision course with eternity."

The truth of the matter is that we are not racing the rapture. According to Jesus we are racing against darkness. The night is quickly coming when no man can work. Notice He does not say that the church is gone during the darkness, simply that no effective work can be done in darkness. This truth is further evidenced by the parable of the 10 virgins. While it was day they could prepare and work to be ready for the coming Bridegroom. But as night settled and He appeared, the time of work and preparation was past. No more oil could be bought and no more lamps could be trimmed.

Europe is indeed facing spiritual darkness. England now prides itself on being a post-Christian society. In many ways she has been the precursor to the immorality and liscentiousness that has made it's way across the seas and onto our shores.

Can one have any doubt that America is distancing herself from the glroious light of the Christian Gospel and is embracing the rose colored doctrines of humanism and hedonism? I think not. Twilight arrived several years ago and is quickly yielding to the coming midnight hour. The tragedy is that it seems the church is now in the twilight whole the world slips into utter darkness. We must realize that the words of our Saviour are still true: "The night cometh when no man can work."

Too many worldly preachers are ascending to polluted pulpits preaching a mediocre message to a Laodicean generation of Christians. A sinner cannot be found as we are all "just good people" that have problems. If the ministry cannot return to a passionate anointing then the pew will continue to dim the light of Holy Ghost power. When that light fades then where shall the world turn? Does not the Word say that "If the light that be in thee is darkness, then how great is that darkness?"

Preacher, preach! Return to the illumination of the Holy Writ and the passion inspired by a crucified and resurrected Savior. Saint of God, intercede! Rebuild the altars that brought tears of repentance and reformation into your own life. A city set on a hill cannot be hid.

"Even so, come Lord Jesus!"
rrford, in my opinion this is the best piece you have ever written. Very stirring and true. This entire topic has been on my mind a lot this week.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:08 PM
delete account

Lightbulb

Quote:
How many times have you watched the sun set? Ever notice how rapid the decline of the sun once the bottom of the orb touches the horizon? I love to sit on a beach at sun-set to watch the sun as it slips very quickly below the horizon. Even after the sun sinks beneath the horizon, there is still some light for awhile as the horns of illumination rises up above the horizon.

I would ask all who know how to pray, to pray for our nation. The sunlight of freedom is sinking fast. Unless there be a divine act, to still the sun and to reverse it trek, we will soon be enslaved, as a nation, into total darkness, darkness worse than Stalin's Russia of the 1930s and 40s, worse than Chairman Mao Tse Tung's China of 1950s and 1960s. Life in Cambodia during the time of the Killing Fields can only compare for all who hold freedom dear and especially all who claim to be Christians.

The only preserving power is the power of the Spirit found in the church; a church that is alive and awake. Alas! Alas! The church in general has been deceived and rocked to sleep by blind leaders of the blind deceiving and being deceived who would rather have their ears tickled and who are gratified by ear tickling preaching rather than the clarion prophetic call from ecclesiastical iniquity.

Thanks to them, America, the land born of prayer, tears, blood, and righteousness, 'neath the mighty outstretched hand of God, is almost lost forever...yes, thanks to them. The voice of the Prophets, if there are any left, would not be welcome in the pulpits of this lusty prayerless age of instant gratification of self-loving leaders. They have been fairly well amputated from the body of Christ by fellowship loving, self-aggrandizing, deceiving leaders who themselves would not know how to recognize an Elijah or would they want to endure the presence of such a peculiar man of God. Don't expect to see one in the modern church's pulpit. They are not there. They are gone...maybe forever.

I beg all of you that have any power of prayer left in you at all...to pray. Call on your churches to pray. Call on your friends and neighbors to pray. Pray for this nation. Europe is already gone. There is no turning back for her. But there is still a little light left here. It is not too late for it to rise again, even from the Western horizon to shine again upon the land of the free. I have seen the sun ready to sink beneath the horizon of the distant sea...and I stood upon the sand of the sea.

In this pleasure mad, fellowship loving, itching ear church world, it would be impossible for you to comprehend the horrors that are soon to befall us all unless Jehovah-Sabaoth comes with his army to roll back the night that is soon to come. It would be impossible to imagine those pending horrors that are soon to come...soon to come. But, if God totally turns his back on us as a nation, seeing nothing worth salvaging, the zealots will come to try to save her, but like the zealots of Jerusalem during the time of Josephus as told by him, they will give their patriotic lives in death, but to no avail. You cannot imagine the horror that is upon us.

If you know anyone that can pray, call upon them to pray for our nation.

Bro. Strange
Brother Strange,

This is so timely. I think we are all feeling an unrest, a dissatisfaction with things the way they are in our churches, and the way things are heading in our world.

I too believe that Prayer is the answer. The Bible tell us if we..."humble ourselves and pray, and seek his face...he will heal our land." The time is now for prayer warriors everywhere to hit their knees and let the prayers flow.

Excellent post from a man of faith and astute in the word...Thank-you for your thoughts/your heart.

Blessings, Sis. Rhonda
Old 05-03-2007, 12:10 PM
delete account

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrford View Post
Bro. Strange,

What a thought provoking and spirit challenging post. I rarely try to post anything lenghty anymore but your words stirred me a great bit.

Jesus said in John 9:4 "I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work."

Contained in those few words we find the Savior Himself giving us an insight into the motivation for diligently doing a work for God. For years I have heard preachers say that "we are racing the rapture and that the world is on a collision course with eternity."

The truth of the matter is that we are not racing the rapture. According to Jesus we are racing against darkness. The night is quickly coming when no man can work. Notice He does not say that the church is gone during the darkness, simply that no effective work can be done in darkness. This truth is further evidenced by the parable of the 10 virgins. While it was day they could prepare and work to be ready for the coming Bridegroom. But as night settled and He appeared, the time of work and preparation was past. No more oil could be bought and no more lamps could be trimmed.

Europe is indeed facing spiritual darkness. England now prides itself on being a post-Christian society. In many ways she has been the precursor to the immorality and liscentiousness that has made it's way across the seas and onto our shores.

Can one have any doubt that America is distancing herself from the glroious light of the Christian Gospel and is embracing the rose colored doctrines of humanism and hedonism? I think not. Twilight arrived several years ago and is quickly yielding to the coming midnight hour. The tragedy is that it seems the church is now in the twilight whole the world slips into utter darkness. We must realize that the words of our Saviour are still true: "The night cometh when no man can work."

Too many worldly preachers are ascending to polluted pulpits preaching a mediocre message to a Laodicean generation of Christians. A sinner cannot be found as we are all "just good people" that have problems. If the ministry cannot return to a passionate anointing then the pew will continue to dim the light of Holy Ghost power. When that light fades then where shall the world turn? Does not the Word say that "If the light that be in thee is darkness, then how great is that darkness?"

Preacher, preach! Return to the illumination of the Holy Writ and the passion inspired by a crucified and resurrected Savior. Saint of God, intercede! Rebuild the altars that brought tears of repentance and reformation into your own life. A city set on a hill cannot be hid.

"Even so, come Lord Jesus!"
This is the best post I have read by you to date. Totally awesome.

Blessings, Rhoni
Old 05-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Brother Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
rrford, in my opinion this is the best piece you have ever written. Very stirring and true. This entire topic has been on my mind a lot this week.
Quote:
This is the best post I have read by you to date. Totally awesome.

Blessings, Rhoni
Thanks for both of you mentioning this of bro. rrford's post. As you did, I also found it to be stirring and articulate. It is not the first time that he has come though this passionate with an obvious burden.

It would be good if he wrote more of his burden, whatever it may be. I always enjoy reading whatever he writes.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Thanks for both of you mentioning this of bro. rrford's post. As you did, I also found it to be stirring and articulate. It is not the first time that he has come though this passionate with an obvious burden.

It would be good if he wrote more of his burden, whatever it may be. I always enjoy reading whatever he writes.
I always enjoy reading both of you whatever that is on your hearts..

In my opinion, we need to hear more from our elders.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:18 PM
Brother Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
Great post Bro. Strange written in the articulate, fluent, passionate & prophetic manner that is uniquely yours.

"The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."

If the effectual fervent prayer of one righteous man availeth much then if hundreds of righteous men and women pray effectually and fervently surely there will be a righteous outcome. If we don't believe that then there's no sense in praying.
You are right sis...

One man stopped the sun dead still until the battle was fought and won. Another man turned the sun back 15 degrees. While this has been accomplished in the natural, it can be done spiritually as well.

Let us pray.