Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Roger Bennett Passes Away -Legacy Five Founder

Another very good pianist passed away yesterday. He and Scott Fowler founded the Legacy Five after the Catherals disbanded.

Here is a post from their website by his wife.

The Ultimate Healing
"Home Free, Oh I've got a feeling, At the ultimate healing, we will be home free!"

One of Roger's favorite songs to sing, and now he knows the whole truth about it. This morning, at about 8:30 a.m., he left his battle here on earth to rejoice in Heaven for eternity.

It has, naturally, been a very hard couple of days for those of us left behind. However, I am overwhelmed by the grace God has poured out on me. I feel a multitude of emotions simultaneously: grief, heartache, and sadness, surely, but also an immeasusrable portion of comfort and peace which I can't explain any other way but God's grace.

It became evident a few days ago that the only earthly way out of this situation for Roger was going to be a miracle. By yesterday evening, it was evident that the way out for him was going to be a Heavenly miracle. I can only imagine what lies in store for him there! How must it feel to hear those words spoken by the Father: "Well done, my good and faithful servant!"

In the following days and weeks, I plan to share with you all some of the "God things" that have happened these last few days.

The comments I read on this web site have been of such comfort and encouragement to me. So many of you have said that you felt that Roger's work isn't done here yet. I agree! The legacy he has left behind will go on forever, and there are several projects that he has begun that I feel called to carry out - including keeping this web site up so that I can continue to share his message with many.

Arrangements are pending at this point, but will be made public as soon as they are finalized. Preliminary plans are to have a celebration service and burial in Tennessee, and a later memorial service in his hometown of Strawberry, AR.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the prayers and love you show. The next few days will be difficult for us all, but we will make it through God's strength.

As for Roger, he has finally realized his ultimate goal, to be forever

IN HIS GRIP!

Debbie
Old 03-18-2007, 01:23 PM

I loved his song "The Healing" that he sang at NQC 2001. He battled cancer for many years. Great Pianist and Great Tenor singer.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredOutOfMyMind View Post
I loved his song "The Healing" that he sang at NQC 2001. He battled cancer for many years. Great Pianist and Great Tenor singer.
Yes you are right.

Loved to testify of the good things of God as well.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:13 PM
Registered Member

I knew it was just a matter of time...heard the news that he passed when I got to church today.

My condolences to his family...