Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 09-11-2020, 09:18 PM
of 9!! :)

Re: Thyroid Cancer

Lifting you in prayer CC1.
Old 09-13-2020, 02:34 AM
Liberty

Brother,
You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Truly God has taken something that was bad and brought good from it!
Old 09-14-2020, 01:15 PM
On the road less traveled

Praying for you CC1... thankful that the accident was not more serious, and that it brought about knowledge of a more serious condition, that thankfully can be treated. Praying for the pain you are in now, for the upcoming surgery, and for a quick healing with no vocal cord loss!
Old 09-16-2020, 09:45 PM
Administrator

As I type this the night of 9-16-20 my surgery is scheduled for tomorrow. The diagnosis was malignant thyroid cancer so cancer that has spread to my lymph nodes. Surgery is complete removal of the thyroid and involved lymph nodes in the neck as well so a neck dissection.

Thank you everyone for the kind and encouraging words but most of all for your prayer. If you happen to think about it tomorrow pray that God guides the surgeons hands about 1:30 pm CST Thursday September 17, 2020!
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 09-17-2020, 03:06 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Trusting that God will protect you and give you peace.
Old 09-17-2020, 05:08 AM
Registered Member

Still praying, brother!
Old 09-17-2020, 10:22 AM
of 9!! :)

Prayed for you. Trusting God to give you peace and to guide the minds and hands of those who will be caring for you today.
Old 09-19-2020, 10:51 AM
On the road less traveled

Continuing to pray for you CC1! Trusting that the hands of the Great Physician are upon you, and bringing healing for you, in Jesus name.
Old 09-19-2020, 11:16 AM
Administrator

My surgery two days ago went well. I am in quite a bit of pain and can only whisper but am alive! The incision on my neck / throat is about four inches across and you don't realize how many nerve endings, etc are there until you are cut there then try to sit up in bed. My entire upper chest and neck area are sore and feels like everything is being pulled when I move.

Although technically I can eat anything I want apparently my throat and esophagus are swollen as even the softest of food gets stuck and I have to have a glass of water handy to wash food completely down my throat. The anesthesiologist told me that for this type surgery they have to use a larger than normal breathing tube that leaves the throat irritated for a few days.

My calcium levels dropped dramatically during surgery so I fear my parathyroid was damaged or removed during surgery. I will find out Tuesday at my follow up visit but they prescribed me a calcium pill and to take two Tums ultra strength 1000 pills four times a day. If that is the case I wlll have to take calcium daily along with the thyroid replacement medication the rest of my life.

Please pray for a quick recovery. I am miserable but glad to be alive and that my surgery went well.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 09-19-2020, 02:41 PM
Registered Member

Thankful surgery went well. Praying for a speedy recovery. God bless...