Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Old 06-26-2007, 06:04 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzo View Post
Doing the right thing carries with it a certain amount of peace some times.
Yeah,... I've been having a lot of peace in my life... something that I'm not used to... and I don't want to take it forgranted..
Old 06-26-2007, 07:27 PM
Ronzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkeley View Post
Yeah,... I've been having a lot of peace in my life... something that I'm not used to... and I don't want to take it forgranted..
I know the feeling...
Old 06-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Saved & Shaved

addendum

Quote:
Originally Posted by from her
I apologize if I sounded upset in my last reply... I wasn't. I was trying to reply quickly.... which I should already know isn't the best thing to do.

Second, don't apologize for being obedient to God! Don't feel guilty for anything... ultimately, I am resposible for my own actions/decisions.

I wish you the best... may you have a daily experience with God...

Lastly, if I have in any way set a stumbling block in your way - please forgive me.
...and life moves on!!!!!
Old 06-27-2007, 09:34 PM
Sister Alvear

I sent a PM to you....hope you got it...blessings to you. Mom Alvear
Old 06-29-2007, 10:39 AM
Saved & Shaved

Back laaaaaaaaater.........
Old 10-14-2007, 06:21 PM
Saved & Shaved

A message directly from God! Amen. My pastor preached circles around me. He had absolutely NO idea what has been going on in my life as of late. EVERYTHING was on target. EVERY point that he made was to me! Amen.
Old 07-29-2008, 06:31 PM
Saved & Shaved

Re: Berkeley's Babel (babble)

You can't run away from the call of God. It doesn't matter how far you go, whether it be the depths of sin, or a geographical location.
Two or so weeks ago I sat on the reclining chair and began to think about what I've gone through, or what I've put myself through since 2004.
I wish I could say that a bright light filled the room and goose bumps fluttered my every fiber. That is not the case. I sat and it just hit me. I've gone far. Deep into sin. If you don't know, don't ask. I've also left the area a few times. Enter new geographical location, stage right.

All this time... through the years a loving God has been calling out to me. While in Utah, E.J. sat me down and pretty much told me that I'm called to the ministry. Later, evangelist Matt Crider preached my life story in a revival service.

When I returned home and drifted further away from God, I'd pop in on occassion. A few times guest ministers did change the direction of their message and name the sin issue specifically. No, they did not point me out. I don't even know if they knew who they were addressing.

On one occassion a holiness preacher pointed to me and just briefly let me know that the work which the Lord had started was NOT going to go unfinished. That is rather vague. Or is it? When he concluded his sermon he gave an altar call. A guest who came to hear him preach approached me and began to pray with me. He began to speak to me about getting my house in order, and he then began to address the "ministry" issue.

I did make a visit to the (spanish) Presbyterian church with Noah's parents. And there, the pastor felt led to speak to me some specifics. For the very life of me, I do not recall what he said, per the interpreter.

While in Tennesse I made a few visits to the Church of God. The pastor acknowledged that I have a relationship with the Lord. He then felt led to pray for me and my journeys. Thing is, before I left for Tennessee, a minister prayed the same thing. He didn't know that I was leaving.

My friends used to accuse me of running from the call of God, otherwise interpreted as the call to the ministry. We would argue about it. They were so adamant about it. I would go in circles, not confirming, nor denying.

Really, what's a guy to make of all this? Coincidence? Even the trinitarian pastors feel this out.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Saved & Shaved

13:38 - You complete me

"You complete me." Those are the words that Tom Cruise spoke as "Jerry Maguire" to his on screen love interest, that pudgy chick that plays "Bridget Jones" in that stupid movie, Bridget Jones's Diary. To clear things up, he spoke the line to her in the movie Jerry Maguire.

I've been alone and lonely for most of my adult life. I used to hate being single. Currently I have found that, though I am alone, I am not lonely. I don't know what changed within the depths of my heart and soul. I love the change. I love the new me. Maybe it's a God-thing. It definitely is a good thing.
I no longer yearn for the company and attention of that special someone, whomever she is. I feel complete in and of myself.. .and of course, God.
Gone is the anticipation to speak these words to a love interest, "You complete me."
I am complete. I am a whole person.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:16 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkeley View Post
13:38 - You complete me

"You complete me." Those are the words that Tom Cruise spoke as "Jerry Maguire" to his on screen love interest, that pudgy chick that plays "Bridget Jones" in that stupid movie, Bridget Jones's Diary. To clear things up, he spoke the line to her in the movie Jerry Maguire.

I've been alone and lonely for most of my adult life. I used to hate being single. Currently I have found that, though I am alone, I am not lonely. I don't know what changed within the depths of my heart and soul. I love the change. I love the new me. Maybe it's a God-thing. It definitely is a good thing.
I no longer yearn for the company and attention of that special someone, whomever she is. I feel complete in and of myself.. .and of course, God.
Gone is the anticipation to speak these words to a love interest, "You complete me."
I am complete. I am a whole person.
Glad you found your peace, brother.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 11-17-2008, 06:40 PM
Registered Member

You have found contentment in your state. That is important to developing a relationship with God and with someone special. You have found a place many singles never find. You are blessed.